IGNORED

XE1 Wedge: Have you tried it?

rmenary
Note: This thread is 827 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They are advertising this XE1 wedge during Farmers Insurance Open (Torrey) saying it will fix all the problems you ever had with pitching and sand. As if pitching suddenly becomes very easy.

Has anyone tried it?

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

There's a thread about it:

On December 7, 2015 at 10:35 AM, rmenary said:

Has anyone tested this new wedge? Is it just another gimmick? Thanks.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 1/27/2016 at 1:36 PM, Martin Andrioff said:

Just joined this site today.  It reminds me of the kind of courses/clubs that I hate playing at because of a few wise-asses that ruin the place.  Later. 

It's like any other forum with a variety of personalities.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

I bought the XE1 wedge. It is certainly not fool proof and its just as easy to hit it thin as any other club. I wouldn't recommend it and will take it out of my bag. Big claims by the manufacturers that cannot be substantiated.

On 1/27/2016 at 2:36 PM, Martin Andrioff said:

Just joined this site today.  It reminds me of the kind of courses/clubs that I hate playing at because of a few wise-asses that ruin the place.  Later. 

We're generally a receptive crowd, but it comes across as fishy when 3 new accounts are created in a week that have only ever posted praise for a specific product. We'd be happy to have you on as a member, you just need to realize how shady that comes across as (especially since there is a history with smaller manufacturers creating throwaway accounts to try and prop up their products on the site). 

Welcome to The Sand Trap, and hopefully you'll take part in the variety of topics available for discussion.

On 1/10/2016 at 5:33 PM, WildTurkey said:

So Has anyone tried the xE1 Wedge out?  Does it work as advertised or is it bs?  If you don't know what I am talking about check out this link...

Here's your clue...

"See How This Club Improves Your Game Quickly And With Very Little Practice "

No club, repeat No club is going to improve your game without studied practice with the club in question - conforming or non-conforming (altogether another issue).

Correct swing, correct contact is 95% of a good shot. At best the club is 5-10%.

YMMV - but you are likely fooling yourself! :whistle:

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

• Administrator
12 hours ago, CR McDivot said:

"See How This Club Improves Your Game Quickly And With Very Little Practice "

No club, repeat No club is going to improve your game without studied practice with the club in question - conforming or non-conforming (altogether another issue).

That's not entirely true.

Replace someone's 7° X driver with a 10.5° R driver and they may be much better right away.

Replace someone's 3I and 4I with hybrids and they'll be better right away, often.

Give someone a lot of bounce, and they can get better right away, too. Not a LOT better, but it also doesn't say "right away." It says "very little practice."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Of course one has to practice with the club but the advertisements on how fool proof it is are all wrong. Give a pro any club and he can hit it. This is not the same with mid to high handicappers and this club is no easier to hit than any other wedge.  

8 hours ago, jonk said:

Of course one has to practice with the club but the advertisements on how fool proof it is are all wrong. Give a pro any club and he can hit it. This is not the same with mid to high handicappers and this club is no easier to hit than any other wedge.  

Welcome to the site.  I agree there is no magic fix in equipment.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I mentioned this one on an earlier page in this thread. This one has its own gimmick, but is legal, so if you want to try out a specialized club for around why not at least try out one that meets USGA requirements instead of wasting your money on something that doesn't?

He makes this sound like it'll cure all my bunker and pitching woes. We know only practice does that. I've heard claims from club manufacturers on a demo day at the driving range that their new clubs will cure my woes only to prove that it wasn't the arrow, it's the person shooting them.

But at least this wedge conforms to USGA equipment regs.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

On December 13, 2015 at 11:30 AM, Smidd4 said:

I think you are correct. I don't really the the advantage of carrying a 65 degree club around, seems as though someone could get themselves in trouble with it more than it would help. 

The wedge comes in 65* and 59*. I have them both (insert shame face). Pure gimmick. Just as easy to hit them thin or chunk it as any other wedge. I haven't tried them in sand but I've used them in typical Florida fairways both plush and tight as well as thick Beemuda rough and "just square up and hit it" is hardly the case. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I was gonna give in and get this wedge for $99 bucks, though after a golf lesson a couple of months ago I feel more comfortable with my Ping G20 SW.  Not that I am a great golfer, but I like to follow the rules and try to improve my game the old fashioned way.  If this club is not USGA approved, I think I will pass.  What do you guys think?

I've bought enough training aids to realize that if I use the correct technique my wedges work great. I realize this is being promoted more as an actual club to use but I am thinking it's also an illegal club?.  So, if you were to use it in a tournament you would be DQ

Gentlemen, the video makes so many claims that are just untrue. I have now taken this out of my bag. My other wedges are better clubs and are just as easy to hit.  You can hit fat or thin shots with this club and there was any truth in advertising, all the adverts for this club would have to be withdrawn. yesterday a low handicapper told me buying the wedge was a mistake. I don't often buy clubs with extravagant promises as they are never true and this club is no exception. 

Note: This thread is 827 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!