IGNORED

Bagboy Revolver.... anyone got one?

Note: This thread is 5291 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I noticed this bag at my local pro shop the other day.... it looks awesome! locks clubs in place to keep them from clanking together and getting damaged, and the whole thing spins so you can get to your most convienent club when riding. point is i'm not trying to sell it, i want to buy one, but wonder how the rotating thingy holds up and i want to hear some owners reviews.... anybody?

Tour Burner 9.5 w real Diamana 63 S
906f4 15.5 Proforce V2 S
909H 19 Diamana S
755 4-PW
Vokey 50/56/60Yes! NatalieBushnell Medalist w/ PinseekerI'll play just about any ball

nah soz iv seen them but havnt actually tested 1 out but they look good
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

A friend that I golf with has one. He got last season and has had to send it in to BagBoy once to get the rotating thing replaced because of the god aweful noise it would make when he turned it. Apart from that, he thinks it is the best thing ever....... personally I'm not so sure. I preffer to walk so the entire rotating thing is over kill.
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

well they sell one that doesn't rotate, i just really liked the individual club holders, and the fact that they lock so the clubs don't bang together.... i also was suspicous about how the revolving part would hold up... thanks for the reply

Tour Burner 9.5 w real Diamana 63 S
906f4 15.5 Proforce V2 S
909H 19 Diamana S
755 4-PW
Vokey 50/56/60Yes! NatalieBushnell Medalist w/ PinseekerI'll play just about any ball

..... i just really liked the individual club holders.......

That part does work well. But just in case....... He had his clubs lengthened by 1" and now they don’t lock in place. Where the shaft meets the "locking" part is too thick now.
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

Love this bag, had mine for almost a year and have had no issues with it. Bought it on eBay for $99.00. It was a dealers floor model and in perfect condition.

Clubs lock in place and it's amazing how quiet it is to ride in a golf cart now or even to put my bag on my BagBoy push cart. No noise from clubs rattling around, plenty of pockets and storage space and the spin top makes it very easy to get the club you need.

I've had mine for about a year and cant imagine going back. I've had my irons lengthened by an inch and they still fit fine.

Every time I hear someone else's bag of clubs chattering away I cringe.

If one of my woods shake loose during a rough ride and clank a bit - it drives me nuts. I'm definitely used to the silent ride.

Love the two outside clips as well - keeps Scotty Tei3 safe.

No need for head covers

• 2 months later...
I just got mine a few weeks ago so I haven't had a chance to take out on the course yet. But from what I can tell it seems great. The clubs don't move when pushed into the grip lock channels. The top spins easily and organizes the clubs well. It looks great. I wish it had a putter tube instead of those clips, but otherwise I dig it!

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

Just picked up the new revolver (the 2008 model). The old one is called the NXO, the new one dropped the letters from its moniker.

I have yet to use it, but it looks pretty sweet. The top is a shine soft rubber, so it doesn't appear as if it would ruin my clubs. It is a bit on the heavy side, but if you're riding a cart or using pull/push cart, you should be ok.

As an above poster said a putter tube would have been nice.

If you guys are interested, use the code eps804bag at golfsmith.com for a 25% discount.

• 1 year later...
How are these bags holding up for you?

Do the little club gripping notches wear out and loosen over time?

Does it still rotate smoothly / quietly?

Will the bag stand upright with your sticks in it?

Our pro shop has one on display right next to the counter where you check in and make purchases.....very tempting location.

It appears to be a well made bag with tons of storage, but it does seem a bit heavy...not objectionably so.

I was curious as to how these are holding up for everyone. I've really enjoyed my current bag, but it gets hard to pull sticks sometimes when used on my pushcart. This is gonna be worsened by switching to oversized grips (which I'm in the process of doing now).

My son has dibs on my bag. The legs deploy so much better than those on his bag do.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I don't actually own one myself, but my friend does. He's had it since last year and loves it. He plays just about everyday and has had no problems with it at all.

Mine is holding up well after a little over a year of use. It shows almost no wear at all, but 1) I don't get to play as much as some of you guys and 2) I tend to baby my gear. The top still revolves smoothly. I don't keep the clubs in the notches 24/7, so they still grip the clubs tightly. And yes, it will stand up fully loaded provided it's on a level surface. It is relatively heavy, but it's a cart bag after all. I'm happy with it.

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

I have had mine for a year and a half ( approx 100 rounds ), it works great, the clubs still fit tight. The only issue I have is with the putter holder, it is too close to the bag, and while rotating the clubs sometimes they hit the putter, the clasp needs to be tilted out about 3/4 inch more. Outside of that monor annoyance it is a great bag.

Enjoy life now ladies and gentlemen, there is no second time around.

Love my BagBoy Revovlver. Have over 100 rounds with this bag, 95% of those rounds with the bag on a BagBoy cart.

Haven't had any isues with the gripping notches/clips wearing out or not gripping as tightly as they did when I first got it.

Yes, the bag stands upright with my clubs in it.

Still rotates quietly and smoothly.

Highly recommend this bag!

I have a Bagboy, but it's the non revolver model. I like it. I have the same club gripping notches you are referring to, they are holding up just fine.

The putter holder on the side is worthless IMO. My friend has the revolver bag with the same putter holder, his putter fell off the moving cart 3 times before he quit using the holder altogether. I think in general, Bagboy puts out a solid bag. This will be the second year for mine, I play lots of golf, it still looks and performs perfectly. YMMV

The bag works great with either of my walking carts, or riding cart.

I considered the revolver but it weighs a full 5 pounds more than the one I eventually purchased. The revolving feature is indeed a cool thing though. I don't think you would regret the purchase.

I have a Bagboy, but it's the non revolver model. I like it. I have the same club gripping notches you are referring to, they are holding up just fine. The putter holder on the side is worthless IMO. My friend has the revolver bag with the same putter holder, his putter fell off the moving cart 3 times before he quit using the holder altogether. I think in general, Bagboy puts out a solid bag. This will be the second year for mine, I play lots of golf, it still looks and performs perfectly. YMMV The bag works great with either of my walking carts, or riding cart. I considered the revolver but it weighs a full 5 pounds more than the one I eventually purchased. The revolving feature is indeed a cool thing though. I don't think you would regret the purchase.

I've had the same positive experience with my clip-lok bag. The complaing I have about the putter clip is the positioning. The cart strap interferes with the top clip and can't be used when riding.

In my BagBoy Clip-Lok bag:

Driver: Titleist 909 D2
3 Wood: Callaway X tour (alternates with 2H hybrid depending on the course)
Hybrid: Titleist 909H 21 degreeIrons: Titleist AP2 4-PW, PX 5.5 flighted shaftWedges: Titleist Spin Milled 52 degree, Taylor Made Rac Black TP 56 and 60 deg.Putter:...

Note: This thread is 5291 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!