IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (January 2016)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2972 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Welcome to the first Practice Challenge for 2016! The rules are the same as the last several months:

• Post every day during the month above.
  • No back-dating or pre-dating posts or practice sessions.

Detail what you did for at least five minutes of practice (indoors or out, with or without golf balls, etc.). Some of you have been slacking on this - give details.

Enjoy and practice hard!

P.S. This month, hopefully, we'll be able to generate awards again. The plugin is being worked on right now by the developer, and is in beta testing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, let me try and join this club this month and start things right.  

Played 18 today 

At home did a little more than 5 minutes of half swing to the top and then pivoting through practice swings.

Then another 5 minutes of chipping the ball of the rug on to the couch..

Already have an hour practice session scheduled tomorrow followed by a round of 18. 

Should we share practice video here as well?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

5 min. Hip drill using my new grip. Got some nice drives yesterday. So getting happier. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Abu3baid said:

Should we share practice video here as well?

Sure. But definitely post it in your Member Swing thread. Or just post the "share link" to the post in your Member Swing thread.

By that I mean clicking the "Share" icon after you post the practice vide in your thread, then posting it to embed it here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ok, I'm back in for 2016. Spent 10 mins on the back lawn, working on getting my right hip to move towards the target from A2 to A4.

Chris.:roll:

Inside barn hitting balls into net. Have two different drills using my winter set of 7 clubs that I keep in unheated barn. Set = driver, 5wood, 7 hybrid, 5 iron, 9 iron, Sw and lw.

#1 Golf lab sms (slow motion swing) hit each club through 1/2 swing, 3/4 swing, full swing, chip with small putt and chip with large putt.

#2 Hogan pivot drill hitting through same 7 clubs.

Under construction, signature and game.

First-timer on this thread... I am starting off the new year by jumping in with both feet. I worked on my swing in the backyard (practice balls) with the driver and 7-iron for a solid hour. Focused on my right elbow issues... trying to keep the right elbow bent and not extending too early before impact. I also took some time and used the Calloway Easy Swing to try and get the feel of the right elbow staying bent. Had to run into the house here and there to warm up the hands since its around 30 degrees here. 

Posted a new swing video in the MySwing. This is my stake in the sand so to speak to get this thing fixed. Here is the shared link....

Dave

I like this idea....good motivation to work on things. Today I worked on my backswing in front of the mirror trying to take sway out and staying centred along with my first move down, trying to avoid any casting motion. 

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I cleared out an area, will allow me to practice my chipping to various landing spots. I did that for about 30 minutes today.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

One of my goals for 2016 was to get back to practicing well, and more specifically, that means to do my daily 5 minutes as often as possible starting today.

I worked on mapping A1 through to A5 mostly.  Trying not to get the hands too deep, turning a bunch, and bowing the left wrist at 4 to shallow out the downswing.

Most of my 5 minute sessions will be similar for a while, I think.

Did some backswing drills at home trying to keep a flat left wrist so as to lay the shaft down and not come down as steep on the downswing.  I didn't keep up with it as much as I should have last week so I think this is taking longer to ingrain than I would have liked 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Jan 2nd -

Practiced for about 40 minutes working on a shorter backswing.  Basically going to A4, Pausing, and then downswing.  I hit a lot of shanks and slices.. I will put up a video of some of my practice session later.

Played 18 afterwords and had the best 9 of my life [ 43 ] but it all fell apart in the back 9 and ended the day with a 95.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

1/2 session in the garage with the net. I've been working on a half swing drill from my instructor, trying to make solid contact with the ball.

Hip turn drills, slow movements attempting to mimic the timing on my good drives using a driver shaft.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Stepped off a curb last night and tweaked my ankle and knee. Nothing major. Just sore.

So this morning I spent a few minutes just hitting 3' putts. My practice is rolling the ball over a coin 3' away. Probably hit 40 or so balls. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

36 degrees high for today. My net setup is in front of south facing window so solar heating bumps it up a little!,

Golf lab sms  and pivot drill. Starting to feel a synch between left heel coming down and impact with ball. Lots of my fairway shots find me stuck on right side. Can only hope this new feeling on left side will help.

Under construction, signature and game.

Spent 10 mins outside on the back lawn, working on the wrist hinge at the start of the backswing, slowly going up to A2. Then spent a further 10 mins chipping from 20 feet into an umbrella.

Chris.:roll:

Practice round today of 22 holes today. Nobody on the course, so had the opportunity to take extra shots. Focus today was on the swing thought of my right elbow (still). I also discovered that if I use more grip pressure in the left hand, I do better with my right elbow and thereby, better sweetspot control. I worked at keeping a lighter grip pressure on the two middle fingers of the right hand (just enough to keep the club in control. My short game needed work, so spent an extra twenty minutes at the end on the practice green working on chips and putts. I am still staying focused with radar lock on the right elbow until I get this issue corrected.

Dave

Note: This thread is 2972 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!