IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (January 2016)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2999 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played 9 holes this morning. No real swing thoughts. Just doing my "dollar bills" thing. Shot a 39 with 6 pars. Took longer than 5 minutes...lol.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did two 30-minute sessions I n the backyeard working with the 7-iron. Continuing to focus on the takeaway and the right elbow up to impact... encouraged about how things are proceeding.

Dave

A few minutes of slow backswings in front of my "mirror" (window reflection, I mean, but hey, it works), and then a few minutes of slow backswings with a wall against the left side of my head to monitor its movement during the backswing.  Also a couple of swings with the wall against the right side of my head.

More hip turn and starting more speed drills. Probably going to back off the speed part if I feel any sort of resistance.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Spent around 15 to 20 minutes doing mirror work. Same drills.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

10 mins outside on the lawn, 7 iron, full swing practice. Working on the ratio between back swing and through swing, trying to speed up the back swing to get it closer to 3:1

Chris.:roll:

Doing same drills. Feel in pivot drills highlights need of getting onto left side. Last view sessions I've been focusing on this. It's a new feeling and not having it may account for lack luster performance in past. 

Under construction, signature and game.

Chipping, Chitching, and full swing working on catching the sweet spot.  I've been tending to catch the ball towards the toe of the club, moved a tiny bit closer to the ball.

All that in the rain!

Walked 18 holes in a slight drizzle to day. Worked on my "wet game" for 3 hours. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

9 hours ago, Lihu said:

More hip turn and starting more speed drills. Probably going to back off the speed part if I feel any sort of resistance.

Hit quite a few balls at a covered range in my area using a full hip turn and did some speed drills in between shots. They actually seem to work. I'm starting to get reasonable distances.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Snow on the ground the last 2 days, which is quite rare for around here...despite living in Canada. So yesterday and today were both done in my basement in front of the mirror. Yesterday was spent on backswing, looking to staying centered and avoiding sway.

Worked on this again today, but again worked on first move down and feeling my lead hip clear for my first move and making sure to avoid any casting. 

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

A bit cold and a layer of frost on the ground, but a nice sunny day afforded me the ability to practice the 7-iron. I realized that I like hitting off the frozen ground, more than he wet and slushy ground we've had for the last week. Focused on the right elbow and working it really slow for an hour. Getting a little better. Spent another 30 minutes on the driver with the same right elbow thought. Checked the sweetspot hits. Hoping to get my last Evolvr analysis back that I posted on 1-1-2016 to get feedback on my elbow progress. Plan to post a video a bit later in the week on MySwing.

Dave

Hour session in the garage hitting into my net. i worked on a couple of drills. I used and alignment rod in my left hand to keep me from flipping my hands. I did this with 1/2 swings and full swings. I taped a 7 iron after to see if i was hitting it in the center of the club, happy with the results. Hit some chips the pitches then full shots with my pw. Finished the session with my 4 iron and 3 wood.

More work with the flat left wrist at A4.  I'm likely go continue doing mirror work on this over the next few days since it's cold as heck out there and it's Wild Card Weekend which means I'll be all about football this weekend. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

On 1/5/2016 at 7:24 AM, Lihu said:

More of the same with a PVC club. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Mirror work before my core workout. Focused on slow back swing for a centered hip turn. Then on the pivot from A6 to A8-9. I noticed my left foot spinning out on the wood floor, so I put down one of those yoga mats and stood on that to mimic the range or grass. It made a lot of difference.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Travelling today. 5 minutes practice in front of the hotel room mirror, working on my address posture from front on & down the line. 

Chris.:roll:

Note: This thread is 2999 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!