IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (January 2016)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2972 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Working on same set of drills. Thought occurred that it will be nice to see what distances, (and direction) I have with each club/swing. Nice thoughts for spring!

hopefully take it from barn to range to course.

Most of my pivot drill swings have been slow motion and 3/4 . I tried a couple full swings today. Will have to work the full swings into routine.

I have session #2 of 6 with club pro tonight. 

Under construction, signature and game.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent an hour and half working further on the right elbow and slowing down my contact. I did swings with the 6-iron and the driver and focused on the right elbow with both clubs. I received my last Evolvr analysis back this afternoon and spent some time reviewing it. I got a good report! Yeah!  I am excited and please to say here that my swing coach said that my right elbow is much better. This was with the driver. I am going to keep working on the same thing here with the irons and driver (focus: right elbow bent up to impact). Plan on doing some videos tomorrow or Friday with the iron. Radar Lock: Right Elbow.

Dave

Road my bike today. Probably 15 miles, with hills, round trip. Legs and cardio work out. You need both of those to golf efficiently

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Continued hitting balls into net in barn. Had a good lesson session with club pro last night. Hard for me to articulate what's ands whys we discussed. Suffice to say I will continue pivot drill with a focus on spine angel, standing on left leg post at impact with a little bump of left hip and keeping left arm extension close to body. LOL I've said too much but can say the feeling was very different and something I will practice.

Mirror work at the gym before my workout. Focused on centered hip turn and then the pivot from A6 to A8.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

10 mins full swing practice on the lawn using a 6 iron. Worked on picturing a good finish posture and swinging slowly through to hold it. Then another 5 mins chipping to a target 30 feet away.

Chris.:roll:

Road my bike today. Probably 15 miles, with hills, round trip. Legs and cardio work out. You need both of those to golf efficiently

In My Bag:

Played a round that is technically practice. Just didn't post to GHIN because I played 3 holes two times to test my new iPhone.

Got a new iPhone 6S plus, and tried to use the GPS. It's far more accurate than my old phone and my friends GG unit. Anyhow, I couldn't get the Game Golf app working correctly for some reason which turned out to be that I said yes to course 2. So there I was playing the wrong course and got to the 3rd hole before realizing that there's no bunker where it seemed to be indicating one. :doh:

Well, I went back to the first tee, deleted the first round, then played another 9 holes with a score that's not as bad as I thought considering. . .

EDIT: Looked at the results, and I did not get 6 GIR two putts were from the fringe. My putts are not accurately recorded, but at least it didn't show that I drove the green 5 putts any hole. On the last hole I looked like I 3 putt from 1 foot from the hole, and the second to last looks like I my second shot hit from the cement. I'm also pretty sure that one of my drives was longer on an earlier hole and that the last hole was not a 267 yard drive against a strong breeze. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Spent 30 minutes working on 6-iron in the backyard focusing on the right elbow and takeaway. Then, went out to play an 18 hole practice round. I was hitting the ball better and ended up with a +16 which is better than I have been doing, so I am encouraged. I could have dropped about 4-5 more of those stroke with some misses of short putts. So, spent another 30 minutes before sundown at the practice green working on the chips and putts. A good golf day!

Dave

Practiced more hip turns.

My lackluster driving yesterday seemed to stem from not turning the hips and shoulders enough. Also, I seemed to have lost my wrist hinge. Going to work on these tonight, and hope to take them to the course this weekend for more GG statistics. . .

BTW, GG on the phone 6S Plus seems to give me nice approach distances just like Golflogix. I'm going to switch my score tracking to GG.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Mirror work at the gym. Same two priority pieces.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

15 mins on the lawn, 6 iron, no ball. Spent the first 7 mins holding onto the clubshaft near the clubhead and learning what I needed to do to swing FAST. The variation in the "whoosh" of the shaft gives great feedback. Then spent the next 7 odd mins trying to emulate that holding the club conventionally. I plan on making this a regular part of my practice.

Chris.:roll:

Spent an hour and a half, split between two different session, in the backyard working on the 6 and 7 iron. Focusing on the right elbow and SLOWING everything down. Working on the 1/2 swing and then changed a few things on the takeaway and late wrist hinge on the takeaway to help with my elbow issue. Also, just posted a swing from this session in the MySwing forum. It was a bit cold and rainy, so the video my seem a bit hazy.

Dave

9 hours ago, Lihu said:

Practiced more hip turns.

My lackluster driving yesterday seemed to stem from not turning the hips and shoulders enough. Also, I seemed to have lost my wrist hinge. Going to work on these tonight, and hope to take them to the course this weekend for more GG statistics. . .

BTW, GG on the phone 6S Plus seems to give me nice approach distances just like Golflogix. I'm going to switch my score tracking to GG.

Keeping the hips stable but rotating and keeping my spine angle constant. This helped me put a few balls out farther, but I can't help but feel like it won't help gain more distance under the conditions I played yesterday. We'll see tomorrow. I think this full shoulder turn and hip turn (key 2) will help me. The lifting the foot drill just made me kind of see what was going on that was missing. Lots and lots more work left on this front. In the meantime, I practiced getting all my bad putts out of my game by putting terribly on the practice greens.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Been swinging my Kallassy Swing Magic club the past couple of days. Usually non stop for a minute or so, several times.  I do this most days to keep various body parts  loose in my swing.  I have had this tool for a very long time. 

In My Bag:

14 hours ago, Lihu said:

Keeping the hips stable but rotating and keeping my spine angle constant. This helped me put a few balls out farther, but I can't help but feel like it won't help gain more distance under the conditions I played yesterday. We'll see tomorrow. I think this full shoulder turn and hip turn (key 2) will help me. The lifting the foot drill just made me kind of see what was going on that was missing. Lots and lots more work left on this front. In the meantime, I practiced getting all my bad putts out of my game by putting terribly on the practice greens.

So, being more conscious of my back swing gained 12 yards on my driver today. Hit the ball better than Thursday even though my scoring was 2 strokes worse on 9 holes. Combined my two scores for 84 (72.5/129, playing by strict ROG with no winter rules). One of the coaches in the club told me to post even my last score to GHIN. I told him that I played 3 holes went back to the first tee then played 9 holes again to test out my GG software, and he said to post no matter what, so I will.

Also, instead of punching the putter button when putting from the fringe I used Lob or Gap Wedge which will probably throw off those statistics. My average is 44% GIR which is about right.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

More pivot drills and feeling a nice tempo in swings, and, noticing weight shift with more weight on left side at impact. A couple of days ago I mentioned wanting to build more full swings into routine. The backswing seems to be a good place to start. And low and behold, a nice Instructional Droplet appears on backswing. It must be time!,,. Thank you

Note: This thread is 2972 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!