IGNORED

My Swing (coop6)

coop6
Note: This thread is 2396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

37 minutes ago, coop6 said:

I'm playing golf tomorrow but will try and get a video of the hips sliding forward while feeling the hands go out at about 25,50,75 and then 100% effort. I'll see where it breaks down. Hopefully not until 75% lol. 

You're a 0 so your hips probably already go forward "enough". I'll share this to go along with my last post.

That's my boy @johnnyruiz01 ??? he's to pure?

A video posted by George Gankas (@ggswingtips) on

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, mvmac said:

You're a 0 so your hips probably already go forward "enough". I'll share this to go along with my last post.

Nice drill :) 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

14 hours ago, mvmac said:

I'll share this to go along with my last post.

Johnny's got talent, no doubt.

Curious, is he intentionally working on laying the club low and flat? Looks almost like a hockey player taking a slap shot.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

This is about 30% speed and then it's in slo mo. This ball would go about 75 yards in  the air with a 6 iron (190) club. I was about to do it!!

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

4 hours ago, coop6 said:

This is about 30% speed and then it's in slo mo. This ball would go about 75 yards in  the air with a 6 iron (190) club. I was about to do it!!

Good stuff! Great way to practice and change the picture. 

Mike McLoughlin

20 hours ago, mvmac said:

Good stuff! Great way to practice and change the picture. 

Thanks! It was slow at work and I was messing with our DOI (MORAD guy) and found a good discovery. Working on getting the arms deeper, they can't drop down and back from there.

http://www.v1sports.com/SwingStore/160113122359Z67L1876071.mp4

a little video I put together. 

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

That looks much better, looks more powerful with less effort.

34 minutes ago, coop6 said:

a little video I put together. 

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Arms and hands move deeper causing my pivot to work better and the club not steepen so much. Need to be a little deeper, not inside at p2 and not across the line. But that was 10 minutes of work.

Thanks for the kind words 

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

What could possibly make me want to increase the distance between my elbows from p4-p6 lol . I look at it and get disgusted. It looks stupid and causes me to hit some god awful shots. My last 6 trackman combine scores are 79.9 to 83. So all decent. I do it with a jacked up swing lol. I hit some really bad shots though.

Edited by coop6

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

http://www.v1sports.com/SwingStore/160128152054BEPM1876071.mp4

A little update on my swing. I am really focusing on getting the right elbow to move more towards the middle of my stomach in the start of the downswing. If this even gets close to happening, there is no way for my elbow to go down and behind me causing the club to get steep. 

I like my P1 and P2 position. I have really been working on P2, in the p3 position it sometimes gets a little flat and the hands don't get deep enough. I elevate my arms too much at p4, p5-6 are my main focus atm though. Morad guys, Please give me some feedback.

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

1 hour ago, coop6 said:

A little update on my swing. I am really focusing on getting the right elbow to move more towards the middle of my stomach in the start of the downswing. If this even gets close to happening, there is no way for my elbow to go down and behind me causing the club to get steep. 

I like my P1 and P2 position. I have really been working on P2, in the p3 position it sometimes gets a little flat and the hands don't get deep enough. I elevate my arms too much at p4, p5-6 are my main focus atm though. Morad guys, Please give me some feedback.

I think you can do a couple things to help with what you want to see.

- Turn the hips in place from 1-4, don't let the hip girdle sway back to the right. Less chance the arms will lift (which they don't actually do very much). Little more Mac CF/Zach Johnson on the backswing.

- Keeping the hips from swaying would also help with the trail arm flexion. IMO it's more of the right elbow/arm over-flexing around 4 than the wrists over-hinging. Making sure the elbow doesn't flex past 90° will also make it easier for it to get "down and in front" from 5-6.

Overall the swing looks really nice!

Mike McLoughlin

3 minutes ago, mvmac said:

I think you can do a couple things to help with what you want to see.

- Turn the hips in place from 1-4, don't let the hip girdle sway back to the right. Less chance the arms will lift (which they don't actually do very much). Little more Mac CF/Zach Johnson on the backswing.

- Keeping the hips from swaying would also help with the trail arm flexion. IMO it's more of the right elbow/arm over-flexing around 4 than the wrists over-hinging. Making sure the elbow doesn't flex past 90° will also make it easier for it to get "down and in front" from 5-6.

Overall the swing looks really nice!

I agree 100%. My coach keeps stressing that the trail arm needs to stop over flexing.   He believes that is a great reason why I struggle to get the trail elbow working correctly.  I have to feel like the swing is about 50% its length lol.  I'm committed and look forward to getting in on the "5 minutes of practice a day thread" for Feb. I appreciate the feedback. What would Mac say about my swing lol....... Mac CF is???

Thanks!

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

46 minutes ago, coop6 said:

Mvmac, what did you mean by Mac CF??

CF is one of Mac's patterns. By more CF/Zach Johnson I just meant to retain some axis tilt throughout the backswing. Gives your arms more "room" on the backswing and downswing.

Mike McLoughlin

11 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

Not to jump in, but I think @mvmac was referring to a "CF" release...this thread has some info:

Thanks, I thought that's what he meant but wasn't sure.

11 hours ago, mvmac said:

CF is one of Mac's patterns. By more CF/Zach Johnson I just meant to retain some axis tilt throughout the backswing. Gives your arms more "room" on the backswing and downswing.

So you feel I lose a little axis tilt I. The backswing? Heading to the course now. I'll work on it. My main thing I feel is not over flexing the trail arm.

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

2 hours ago, coop6 said:

So you feel I lose a little axis tilt I. The backswing? Heading to the course now. I'll work on it. My main thing I feel is not over flexing the trail arm.

I'm just saying to turn your hips in place (don't let them move back) and that will help with the trail arm.

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 2396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!