IGNORED

My Swing (AaronKok)

AaronKok
Note: This thread is 2996 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all,

I have started to play golf late 2013 and have been taking lessons since then. 

It has been a roller coaster ride to say the least.  My issue now for the past few months has been my weight moving forward towards the ball. My hips tend to move in and I will then either hit it fat or shank the ball.

i have tried all kinds of mental thoughts, even keeping up my toes. I have a video of myself with toes up and still the butt move towards the ball. 

This issue started to crop up when I started to work on my swing plane to inside out vs a outside in. 

Any ideas on how to keep it back? I wonder if it's due to the way I turn my hips? 

Hi @AaronKok welcome to TST. I moved this to Member swings so that you can have your own thread to get help. This looks like you took the video on an iPhone which is good, but you need to edit it down to one swing. Hard to watch slow motion of you picking the ball to hit it again. 

You also really need a face on video. I have some ideas and maybe smarter guys than me can give you some thoughts like @mvmac or @iacas from only the down the line view but I'd rather have a face on before passing judgement.

Welcome to the site. Be sure to look around because there is tons of valuable knowledge around here.

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@mchepp Thanks for your help.

Didn't realize this was the section for videos. 

trying to get some help for reason why my hips kept moving forward even with feeling of 80% of weight on heel and toes up

Thanks 

25 minutes ago, AaronKok said:

trying to get some help for reason why my hips kept moving forward even with feeling of 80% of weight on heel and toes up

Thanks 

From a golf jargon standpoint you shouldn't say forward. Forward usually means that they are going towards the target. So from a face on view if your hips are going forward they are going towards the target. I think you mean to say "towards the ball". This is a reaction your body makes to other things that are happening in the swing. 

What is occurring looks like early extension aka EE or you can find it loving called "goat humping". A little of it is okay. But many of us struggle with it. I do, (the blue line is my address position)

5699858f4e8d3_ScreenShot2016-01-15at3.48

Thing is though, I don't think this is the direct cause of your problems. I have more than you and I very rarely shank, and rarely hit it fat. You probably have other pieces that you can improve before moving to the movement of the hips. My guess is that once we see the face on view, there are few things we can fix in your backswing or downswing that can help you improve how you are striking the ball.

Michael

59 minutes ago, AaronKok said:

Thanks 

You answered your own question right there. If you set up with the weight on the heels you will naturally shift toward the toes on the downswing. Start with the weight on the balls of your feet and it should stay there throughout the entire swing.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Note: This thread is 2996 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!