IGNORED

Graffaloy Blue vs. Aldila NV 75

Note: This thread is 2994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been playing both the grafalloy blue s and the nv 75.  Has anyone tried these two shafts.  The grafalloy feels much stiffer to me.  The ball flight seems to be a little more penetrating.  I would love to hear peoples feed back.

I've used the original Aldila NV (green) in several clubs. It should be stiffer and lower launching than the Graffaloy prolaunch blue. The fact that you're experiencing the opposite indicates to me that that the clubheads you paired them with have very different launch properties.  

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think the OP is comparing the Grafalloy Blue, NOT the pro launch blue, they are very different shafts. The Grafalloy Blue is sometimes referred to as the original blue. I play the Blue  but do not have any experience with the NV to give you a comparison.  I was told by my club fitter that the Blue S is very stiff and plays closer to a X, so what you are experiencing is probably in line with the shaft characteristics.  I am a big fan of the Blue 

In The Bag
Wishon 919 Driver 9.5
Wishon 4W 16.5
Wishon  21 degree hybrid
Sterling SL 6 - SW
Seemore CS FGP

14 minutes ago, kenstl said:

I think the OP is comparing the Grafalloy Blue, NOT the pro launch blue, they are very different shafts. The Grafalloy Blue is sometimes referred to as the original blue. I play the Blue  but do not have any experience with the NV to give you a comparison.  I was told by my club fitter that the Blue S is very stiff and plays closer to a X, so what you are experiencing is probably in line with the shaft characteristics.  I am a big fan of the Blue 

Ah, for some reason my brain was thinking prolaunch. Looking at the Blue's Specs it should be fairly similar to the Aldila NV.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Note: This thread is 2994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!