IGNORED

European Tour may change rule and allow shorts during practice rounds [Golfweek]

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Will be interesting seeing where this goes and how the PGA Tour reacts.

The European Tour looks set to continue the rule set in Kuala Lumpur last week allowing players to practice in shorts during the EurAsia Cup. European captain Darren Clarke petitioned the Tour last week to allow his players to wear shorts in the oppressive humidity of Kuala Lumpur.

http://golfweek.com/news/2016/jan/19/european-tour-shorts-worn-practice-rounds/

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Brian Barnes in shorts in the 80s

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I really don't see an issue with it.   The most formal people I've known will wear nice Bermuda shorts should the situation call for it. I know there are very cool fibers that people can wear, but I see no reason to have pros wear long pants if it's hot. 

—Adam

It will double the wardrobe that the players can model for their clothing sponsors! Win-Win!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

But would Ian Poulter be allowed to wear tartan shorts?

In all seriousness its about time shorts (tailored of course) we allowed during comps as well as practive on both euro an PGA tours, The guys play in so hot conditions. I sure most of us have had the same experience. Check weather, looks overcast so wear trousers, get on the course and its baking sunshine and you proceed to melt!.

in the womwns game they have the option of trousers, skirts and shorts so why not the men (not the skirts, i mean, Lee Westood in a skirt.....think im going to vom!!)

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Dont have an issue with shorts.

Then again "we talking bout practice!"

tumblr_n270lueik71rtpm86o6_250.gif

• Upvote 1

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

I see no reason why tour players shouldn't be allowed to wear shorts. If permitted, I'm not sure how many would choose to wear them, but there's nothing wrong with giving them the option. 

Note: This thread is 3012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!