IGNORED

Custom Golf Tags Member Review Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 1982 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Product Name: Custom Golf Tags
Product Type: Customizable Ball Marking Aid
Product Website: http://www.customgolftags.com
Cost: $35
Reviewers: @billchao, @Club Rat, myself.

This discussion thread is for Members to share their design, consultation, initial and ongoing impressions, and to answer questions by others for Custom Golf Tags, a unique way of creating custom ball marking templates.

@scottyarcy, I'll tag you in here as well, as you can discuss and design each of the two other tags remaining with these guys so that others will be able to see what the process entails.

Guys, start designing!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Honestly I haven't designed something in a while, but I have seen some of the examples on their website and I'm pretty excited!

Thanks for the opportunity @scottyarcy!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

I'm having two designs made. One is pretty standard…

5bguzlx7te5oxzds.jpg.c58a5513d5c6c437444

The other is more complex:

569fa593a6c36_ScreenShot2016-01-20at10.1

The complex one will test the ability to design a logo that's far, far too thin. @scottyarcy has already pointed out that he will need to thicken many parts, as I suspected he would. It'll be interesting to see how well the second image turns out given the difficulty it naturally presents.

The first, though, should look nice and is relatively straight-forward.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Here are a few ideas I've made in the past.

The "Babe" is very busy, I can tone her back a bit.

I'll contact @scottyarcy and inquire on thoughts?

coot.thumb.png.ee9ee1eedb168f9c3f18acc95babe.png.c98d67a1e2254cae960e72ccc9b5874

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

56a0065fc508d_COOTBROWN.JPG.931e51c28d3356a006711e789_TheBabe.JPG.1c451e698e9670

Photos of items made, they are both wall hanging items made out of steel. The height was 18" on the guy and the gal is 22" tall.

Opp's just realized the mini skirt was too short, had to replace it. Wrong pic, but good for laughs.......

Hey guys, 

Just made the PSU paw logo for Iacas. Photo attached

So whats going to happen with the NCB logo, is that I will have to make all the curved lines about the same thickness. There are 2 limitations, one is the 3D printer resolution but the other is that the smallest pen (that I know of) is an ultrafine sharpie. This also limits the size of detail

PSU paw logo.JPG

Scott

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, scottyarcy said:

Just made the PSU paw logo for Iacas. Photo attached

PSU paw logo.JPG

Looks great!

11 minutes ago, scottyarcy said:

So whats going to happen with the NCB logo…

Hi, yep, pretty much expected that.

@Club Rat, you need to cut down on the complexity roughly tenfold! Man those are overly complex. Think about it… you've gotta fit a Sharpie in there and it has to fit on a golf ball.

yeah, I can probably only do the outline for @clubrat 

maybe some internal detail if there is enough room

plus, think about it, how much time do you really want to spend drawing all kinds of small details? :)

Scott

Here's a few other ideas. The golfer will make my Honey happy.

I've got a logo design for my St Lou Blues, but can not find the SD Card I saved it on....... Hate when that happens........

56a0588f8d0f8_golfergirl.png.e62d953f6c5.    56a058bfccd14_2hearts.png.8c99dfad143c1b

Just submitted a new drawing.

Going to go with four diamonds, I'll probably use one, two or four colors just for kicks.

golf-ball.thumb.png.4cd17c054a0db2faffa9

The only thing I could come up with so far is the star pattern from the dragon balls.

This way I'll at least feel clever about scattering balls all over the woods :-D

I'll think on it some more, but I'm planning to submit something final by the end of the day.

• Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

39 minutes ago, billchao said:

The only thing I could come up with so far is the star pattern from the dragon balls.

This way I'll at least feel clever about scattering balls all over the woods :-D

I'll think on it some more, but I'm planning to submit something final by the end of the day.

Something similar is why I was hesitant to take this on.  I currently use just dots on my balls - no words or letters or other symbols.  I couldn't figure out what I'd want, or how I'd judge it once I had it.  I like your DBZ Star Pattern idea.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

3 hours ago, billchao said:

Yes! Needs to be the four star ball, that's the lucky one.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 7:19 PM, SavvySwede said:

Yes! Needs to be the four star ball, that's the lucky one.

Four star ball it is. That was Gohan's and he was my favorite DBZ character.

Bill

My Swing Thread

11 hours ago, billchao said:

Four star ball it is. That was Gohan's and he was my favorite DBZ character.

I always had you pegged as a Majin Buu guy! :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I always had you pegged as a Majin Buu guy! :-P

Haha yea, oh wait...what are you implying? :-D

Design idea submitted last night and @scottyarcy has already responded with a drawing which I approved. Quick response and excellent customer service.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Post the stuff here guys. That's the point of this discussion.

Note: This thread is 1982 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!