IGNORED

Watching Sports

9wood
Note: This thread is 3014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What are your three favorite sports to watch?

Mine are in the following order

1. Football

2. Men's singles tennis matches

3. Golf

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1. NCAA football
2. PGA Golf
3. Curling :-D or Men's Singles Tennis. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

So many variables:  I watch more golf than anything but I'd rather watch a Conor McGregor UFC fight than the Byron Nelson.  Final round of a major?  I'll take golf over UFC.  I have no interest in tennis but I'd pick the Wimbledon finals with Djoko and Fed over 2nd round of the Masters.

So, for me it really depends on the weight of the game and who's playing..  

• Upvote 1

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

17 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

1. NCAA football
2. PGA Golf
3. Curling :-D or Men's Singles Tennis. 

Curling? - seriously?

NFL Football

Woman's Beach Volleyball

Slow Motion Videos of Michelle Wei's swing. 

:-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Are we talking in person or on TV?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

So many variables:  I watch more golf than anything but I'd rather watch a Conor McGregor UFC fight than the Byron Nelson.  Final round of a major?  I'll take golf over UFC.  I have no interest in tennis but I'd pick the Wimbledon finals with Djoko and Fed over 2nd round of the Masters.

So, for me it really depends on the weight of the game and who's playing..  

Yup.  And add to that, sometimes it doesn't matter who is playing but what is transpiring.  I got caught up in a men's second round tennis match last night between two guys (whose names I'd have to look up again) because they were battling like crazy.  It was 7-6, 6-7, 7-6 at the time, and ended up in another tiebreak in the 4th set which the losing dude won to send it the distance.

The flip side of that would be the US Open at Pinehurst when Kaymer won by 50 billion shots.  I remember nothing of that tournament because it was boring and I watched very little of it.

I enjoy many sports under the right circumstances, none really moreso than another across the board though.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Are we talking in person or on TV?

As everyone's answers have been TV-based, I'm going to make the official declaration that this thread is about watching sports on television. :-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

1. Patriots football.

2. Majors, TPC, Quail Hollow, FedEx Playoff golf. Women's golf if Ko is on.  

3. Winter Olympics (just about anything - even curling), Summer Olympics - 

100M/200M/400M Sprints, Crossfit finals, American Ninja Warrior (I think qualifies as sport)

Vishal S.

1 minute ago, jamo said:

As everyone's answers have been TV-based, I'm going to make the official declaration that this thread is about watching sports on television. :-)

Well, that changes my answer then.  Golf, football (although I admittedly had some trouble watching for the two weeks after I saw Concussion), and hockey (even though I haven't felt anything for the Coyotes in some time ... any Ducks fans want to talk me into defecting?  I already like one team that plays in that stadium... )

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

2 hours ago, 9wood said:

Curling? - seriously?

When the winter olympics are on, curling is being watched :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

baseball

football 

golf

DRIVER- Tour Edge EXS 220
3W- Adams Tight Lies 2
Hybrids- Cobra F8 19 *

Utility- Sub 70 699U #4
Irons - Sub 70 739 5-PW
Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54, 58
Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #11

Ball- Titleist DT Trufeel

1) Football

2) Golf

3) Not sure

Of course, it depends on the size of the event.   If the final round of the Masters was going head to head with the Super Bowl, and I didn't have my team in the Super Bowl, I'm not sure which one I would watch. 

1. Late round tennis major men's single matches

2. Golf

3. Hockey (esp games w/ the original 6)

4. Yankees baseball

I would put football in there, but I'm making a concerted effort to quit that ridiculous sport.

dak4n6

Note: This thread is 3014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!