IGNORED

2016 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage

iacas
Note: This thread is 3005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know @Club Rat was interested in the Evnroll putter. Hit a few putts on the carpet and it had a pretty good feel. Mishits putts also felt good but the carpet wasn't uniform enough to observe the distance variation.

IMG_0810_zpsklrlizeu.jpg

IMG_0809_zpsyceoiaqb.jpg

IMG_0808_zpsqin5cqov.jpg

The putting track they use to demo the roll is pretty cool and could be a training aid on it's own.
IMG_0816_zpscwehnsgf.jpg

Also saw some Tin Cup ball marking tools similar the the one you are reviewing.
IMG_0819_zpsokhurl54.jpg

IMG_0822_zpsujpg6kob.jpg

Happy putter. Adjustable in all directions plus they an app that could recommend which settings you should use.

IMG_0823_zpsysve6mjd.jpg

9e712311-c1ac-4151-9a0f-d0d878310b8d_zps

IMG_0829_zpsabg8g8ev.jpg

IMG_0828_zpsphj430vg.jpg

Ultra light putter grips from Garsen. The white one has a nice ridge across the top which is supposed to promote a grip that keeps the elbows close to the body, I was told J.B. Holmes uses it.

photo IMG_0805_zpsjln7by0s.jpg

IMG_0803_zpsinjxyn7p.jpg

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, SavvySwede said:

Also saw some Tin Cup ball marking tools similar the the one you are reviewing.

They have some great looking graphics and the metal would be much easier to trace an outline.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

SwingSnap Self-V Headcover. @boogielicious It isn't actually magnetic but it works just the same.

IMG_0746_zpsfbj5gjwr.jpg

IMG_0745_zpsh2itgjjt.jpg

IMG_0744_zpsli28xo58.jpg

8 hours ago, SavvySwede said:

Switch grips interchangeable grip system.
IMG_0525_zpsuz16ynvf.jpg
IMG_0526_zpsrdv9ox7v.jpg

Do you know if these are constant diameter grips (no taper either way) from top to bottom?

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

5 minutes ago, natureboy said:

Do you know if these are constant diameter grips (no taper either way) from top to bottom?

I believe so.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, cmherrbach said:

Saw you walking around yesterday afternoon.  Are you still going to be there tomorrow SavvySwede? 

Yes. I saw the live demo with the jig, the fitting process, features, and then took one over to the practice green. I liked the look and feel of the head, wasn't a fan of the grip though. Perfectly fine putter but there were others at the show I was more impressed with.

Some more close ups of the GAME Golf grip. In the video you can better see how the chip is installed.

IMG_0758.jpg?noCache=1454098445

Lexi Thompson doing a sort of mini-clinic for the kids on demo day.

I heard from one of my customers who's at the show that Nike Golf was MIA?  Is that true or did they just not see them?

Joe Paradiso

@SavvySwede, did you experiment with the adjustability for the M2 woods? It seems like the shafts are glued in and you don't need a wrench to change the lofts?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

I heard from one of my customers who's at the show that Nike Golf was MIA?  Is that true or did they just not see them?

NIKE clothing was there but no clubs as far as I know.

46 minutes ago, mvmac said:

@SavvySwede, did you experiment with the adjustability for the M2 woods? It seems like the shafts are glued in and you don't need a wrench to change the lofts?

It uses a normal wrench like the M1. It blends into the speed pocket so it's harder to see.

7 hours ago, SavvySwede said:

Some more close ups of the GAME Golf grip. In the video you can better see how the chip is installed.

That makes sense now, when I read your first post, I thought the grips and tags were one complete package.

Hope Pure Grips gets on board. Guessing Golf Pride already has exclusive and most likely patents.

Thanks for all the posts Vince, looks like a great time.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Leupold GX-2i2 laser range finder. More bells and whistles than you could ask for. You can input your yardages for your 4,6, and 8 iron and it can calculate which club you should use for a given yardage. The "playing yardage is further calculated by inputting factors such as slope, elevation, temperature and altitude. Glare and UV lens coatings plus fog mode ensure a lock on the pin in all lighting conditions.

08686486a68dedc7ff373a92624612afef972745

StewartGolf motorized club caddy. You can put the remote in your pocket and it will follow you around the course.

721335338f67d0336acda229a23a91fcc2f8378a

629552096ebcf4459bdef7c9f8d366212770f2f9

733463693a7f2734b805e583396da4536ce9925f

Bion golf shoes, easy-on easy-off all EVA rubber shoes.

757195547de835fbaba7ba1a5c4c80e71e7bb60c

8720989570c10e5de682d744430b1bcdb49b7a1f

PING engineer Marty Jertson talking about PING's new G series.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SavvySwede said:

NIKE clothing was there but no clubs as far as I know.

Thanks, that's a pretty big show for a vendor like Nike to miss showcasing their new clubs at.

I know in my old industry (document imaging) trade shows were perceived as big money wasters but most spent the money to attend anyway out of fear of what the industry would interpret the lack of presence to mean about the financial stability of the company.  

If Nike didn't attend because they don't perceive an adequate ROI, it may set the stage for others to skip it next year.  It could also mean Nike Golf hard goods are really hurting and they don't have a marketing budget to spend on that kind of show.  Will be interesting to see what is said. 

Joe Paradiso

MGI motorized golf buggie. This motorized cart can be equipped with a solar panel to charge your smart phone and GPS devices.

24342962039_3ce152fb44_m.jpg

24082463434_79eb09d90d_z.jpg

24083787183_8c1f929281_z.jpg

HoleOut towel has two folds seperate by a waterproof layer so you can have one side wet and the other dry. It also clips conveniently to a club.

IMG_0778_zpsgc4vxctx.jpg

HoleOut zero resistance indestructible golf tee.

IMG_0769_zpsgjky1uuf.jpg

HoleOut ball marker holder. It also has notches that can be aligned for the user to mark the perfect plumb of the putter for plumb bobbing.

IMG_0764_zps0ojqitz4.jpg

HoleOut Anti-sway training aid. Provides feedback to keep your weight on the inside of your back foot.

IMG_0770_zpsm1kyvesk.jpg

IMG_0772_zpstmt708im.jpg

AccuLock ACE putter. It was designed by Dr. Frank Fornari using models of human motion. It resulted in a putter with a forward shaft angle of 12.5* inserted at the back of the club. It requires it's own technique which involves the grip resting against the forearm and standing much closer to the ball with an open stance. It little strange looking at first but the technique clicked with me and it turned out to be of of my favorites at the show.24684571806_18dbd5cc96_z.jpg

fc4b713e2fc0312d5e99f4c8ca6281b4.jpg

ACE-Bottom-BLUE.png

Thunder Sonic golf brush. Has motorized bristles to help clean your club. A convenient little scraper helps remove larger clumps of debris.

IMG_0659_zpsnbmrtfyx.jpg

Orlimar DRIV-BRID 17* hybrid designed to have the lower trajectory of a driving iron.

IMG_0784_zpsptjrudgl.jpg

IMG_0783_zpsjs4psykd.jpg

Orlimar slice killer driver with 7 degrees of offset

IMG_0789_zpsplk1rxlc.jpg

ef4e0d79-0b95-4f3d-8a7e-ed3313827943_zps

lostgolfballs.com

IMG_0622_zpsd5cktxrb.jpg

IMG_0619_zpspwr0jpvv.jpg

Greg Norman leaving at the end of demo day in style

IMG_0597_zpsfa0xiwi9.jpg

IMG_0599_zpsmc5aknat.jpg

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 3005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!