IGNORED

1sr round back

JMHARDING
Note: This thread is 3006 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played my first round in about 4 1/2 to 5 years, could still keep it in the fairways my approach shots were off target a little bit, best shot i had today was a par 4 had a good drive had about 140yd to the green and i bounced it off the pin left me 3ft birdie putt, ended up 16over for par70! Better than i thought id do after so long!

O.E.F VET 11B East Texas!

7 minutes ago, JMHARDING said:

Played my first round in about 4 1/2 to 5 years, could still keep it in the fairways my approach shots were off target a little bit, best shot i had today was a par 4 had a good drive had about 140yd to the green and i bounced it off the pin left me 3ft birdie putt, ended up 16over for par70! Better than i thought id do after so long!

Great round! Nice job out there on the links.... Keeping up the playing and it will get even better. 

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, JMHARDING said:

Good work. That will get you coming back. What was the club that you need the most work with after some time off?

16 over after 5 years out of the game is pretty impressive.  Good luck with getting back into the game and improving

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Was gone alot for army and then when I came over i was addicted to bass fishing I seem to switch back and forth often bass fishings got to exspensive for me so I just started golfing again!

Yessir and it cheaper to drive and go play a course than pull boat to lake and have to buy fuel for boat and truck then you go in into the tackle store to pay for boat ramp and you gotta try out these new crankbaits etc it adds up

Funny thing is...  There is a guy that I play with once in awhile that carries a fishing rod with his clubs and stops to fish in the middle of the round. Kind of odd and misses a few holes, but always catches a few. Catch and release of course. I like fishing and golfing but not at the same time. 

Dave

4 hours ago, Dave325 said:

Funny thing is...  There is a guy that I play with once in awhile that carries a fishing rod with his clubs and stops to fish in the middle of the round. Kind of odd and misses a few holes, but always catches a few. Catch and release of course. I like fishing and golfing but not at the same time. 

There's a couple courses I used to play where I have seen some monster bass just hanging in the shallows, presumably because there's almost no fishing pressure on them. I always vow to come back with rod and reel, but where does the time go...also most of the ponds are within direct line of fire of golfers...

dak4n6

Note: This thread is 3006 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!