IGNORED

Ha Na Jang makes first LPGA albatross

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2996 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hana Jang's Ace - Eagle or Albatross  

24 members have voted

1. 1. The hole Jang aced was playing 218 yards. Do you consider the hole to be…

The corollary to calling a 218-yard par four not a par four is that the other option is calling it a par three. Which, at that distance, would be brutal on the LPGA Tour (and any course I'm playing, FWIW). It's an awkward middle ground, like if they made a 260-yard par four on the PGA Tour. Sure, that's an easy par four, but it's a brutal par three, especially when it's not in a major.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Isn't 17 reachable with a 3 wood at the Waste Management Open? Guess that's a Par 3 as well.

Yep, and I think some players have driven it with a 3-wood.  Of course, the one ace there was a short hitter (by tour standards) hitting a driver and banking it off someone else's putter... at least Ha Na Jang's was unassisted. ;-)

(just so we're clear, I don't think either is or should be a par-3)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

18 hours ago, iacas said:

Yes, I did mean a par five.

I voted that this was a nice hole in one.

On the nose.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

On 2/2/2016 at 4:07 AM, mtsalmela80 said:

Are par 4s this short commonplace on the lpga?

No. This was one hole in the Bahamas. They typically play the equivalent of the Blue tees at most golf courses.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Note: This thread is 2996 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!