IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (February 2016)

Dave325
Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Range session today. No video because I was inside the covered area. The outside booths were still covered in snow. Worked on my position at A5 that I have been focusing on and the pivot. Did mostly mapping type swing and slower swings with a few full speed. Ended the session with pitching with my 56 sand wedge and 9 iron.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Started the day with 2.5 mile run, weights and kettlebells followed by a 10 round of boxing on the heavy bag. I received my latest Evolvr analysis back this afternoon and took some time to review it before heading to the range. I have a couple more priority items to work on. Spent the time at the range with the driver and worked on these items. I was amazed at the difference.... The first item...  on the takeaway, not allowing the clubface to become too closed and then, relax the right hand and arm at the top of the swing (I was picking up the clubhead at the top). Those two item, along with my last priorit item made for a consistent hits on the clubface. Brian has been a fantastic swing coach! I continually checked this throughout the session by spraying the clubface and checking contact. Worked with same feel on the irons and hybrid a bit. 

One item that seems to help a bit is slowing down the backswing by about 50% and using a routine that goes through the takeaway and the downswing a couple times in succession. I know my pre-shot routine probably looks really goofy, but it seems to help me connect with these new swing thought... And I'm loving the long straight shots to the end of the range. Hope to get more practice this week in the yard, but may have to resort to indoors since there is snow coming in the next few days. Sorry for the lengthy post... Just a bit excited about the progress... Trying to be the stupid monkey! :dance:

Dave

The tournament I was supposed to play in was cancelled :angry:, so I played in a shotgun start today. The group I was in played at a quicker pace than the group in front and the group behind us, so I had plenty of opportunities for practicing greenside chipping and bunker shots as well as putting.

More back swing and transition work.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Mirror work at the gym. Focused again on backswing to A4, hands further out to A5 then pivot to A8. Mostly mapping work with some slow swings.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Worked again with the two focus items in the backyard and made a video of my drill. It still has issues, but its a start since its all new for me. Focus item is on the takeaway (not making the club face too closed at A2) and not lifting up the left should on downswing. This is the video of the 8-iron Pre-shot routine. I know its kinda ugly, but any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I don't know... it sure felt better yesterday at the range.

Spent some time with the driver working on checking the hits on the club face. Still needs work. It started snowing, so had to move practice indoors and continued working on the 7-iron with 1/2 swings. Continuing with the rotation drills that Brian gave me.

Dave

Hit up the range again today. Worked on my downswing pivot and also focused on my length of the backswing. I need to stay on top of that or I start to regress with it. Hit some pitches with my last 20 balls or so focusing on solid contact.

Went to the practice green for another short game session with my friend. He whipped my butt today in our game of horse. I wasn't playing poorly, but he was draining everything. It was all I could do to halve holes with him.

11 hours ago, Lihu said:

More back swing and transition work.

Practiced on the range for about an hour or so.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Mirror work today for 5 to 10 minutes. Focused on the pivot from A6 to 8.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Just did some chair drills with slow back swing and transition. Couldn't get on the range today.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Practiced at the range and worked on my downswing pivot. Im still in the stage of making nice slow swings although I did break down and made some swings at full speed. I still have alot of work to do.

5 hours ago, Lihu said:

Just did some chair drills with slow back swing and transition. Couldn't get on the range today.

Got to the range to drop off clubs for my daughters high school coed golf team tryouts. I sure hope she can get on the team. She's about a 15HC from the men's tees, it's going to be tough. Cross fingers and O:)

Practiced my downswing transition on grass and hit much better shots on the grass range after the first few shots. I hit too thin on the course, but was able to get some serious height on the grass range. Going to practice some more on the grass range and use golf club delivery to my daughter as an excuse to spend the extra money. :whistle:

Also, I feel like I can really go after the ball on grass because a fat shot is not as penal on the body as on a mat.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Well, the snows came in today, so had to move the practice to the garage. Spent time working on the shoulder rotation drills and making a couple videos of my practice drills working through the rotation and hip turn through the ball. 

Added a couple slow practice drills from the start of the backswing and then the start of the downswing up to impact. Took a couple more videos this evening and submitted a couple swings to Evolvr with a couple questions.

Dave

Working on extensor action, specifically in the backswing, which is the priority piece from my last evolvr lesson.  I am doing pretty good at keeping my elbows together, but I cannot figure out how to get the shaft laid off at A4.  From face on, I am not taking the club even to parallel, but from DTL, the only way to make it look laid off is to actively stop myself from hinging my wrists on the backswing.  I can't imagine that is correct.

Practiced more back swing and making a full turn with wrist loading.

18 hours ago, Lihu said:

Got to the range to drop off clubs for my daughters high school coed golf team tryouts. I sure hope she can get on the team. She's about a 15HC from the men's tees, it's going to be tough. Cross fingers and O:)

My daughter made the team as a freshman shooting to her handicap. 2 more days of tryouts, though. Her putting was bad, but they were impressed with her distances. The great thing is she gets to play off the ladies tees at all practice and tournaments and currently carries drives about 205 and 7i 135 on average. She hit a few past her coaches. :content:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Took some time off from clubs and went on cruise to Cozemel. Nice break but was jealous to see other's clubs in baggage claim area!!

I spent about 20 min doing backswing drill and pivot drill today. Felt good to swing clubs again.

According to groundhog I could be outside at range in as few as 5 weeks, (35 days) but I'm not counting!! 

Under construction, signature and game.

Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!