IGNORED

Deleting unintended quotes

Fourputt
Note: This thread is 3005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Every now and then I get an unwanted or unintended quote tagged and I have found no way to get rid of it.  There is no way to delete it in the reply window, and no way of untagging it.  There needs to be a way of somehow disconnecting it or deleting it so that life can go on without it.  I can delete the content, but not the quote box itself.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

I can delete the content, but not the quote box itself.

Hold Ctrl and right click, opens a menu to select option to remove quote.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

35 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

Every now and then I get an unwanted or unintended quote tagged and I have found no way to get rid of it.  There is no way to delete it in the reply window, and no way of untagging it.  There needs to be a way of somehow disconnecting it or deleting it so that life can go on without it.  I can delete the content, but not the quote box itself.

I feel your pain. :P

Besides what club rat mentioned, you can also do it another way ... Click on, in, or around or hover near the top left corner of the box until you see a small grey box with a sort of cross in it ... Then click that box and press delete.  That works for me.

17 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

I feel your pain. :P

Besides what club rat mentioned, you can also do it another way ... Click on, in, or around or hover near the top left corner of the box until you see a small grey box with a sort of cross in it ... Then click that box and press delete.  That works for me.

Yea, this.

You can do it on mobile, too. Just make sure you click on the upper part of the quote box (the darker shaded area). If you did it right, the quote box will be highlighted like it's been selected but there is no text editor line inside it, then just delete.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I've resorted to going into the source code menu and doing it that way. 

Is there any way to bring back the old trash can button for deleting a draft altogether? 

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Thanks all.  It would be nice if they made it a bit more obvious.

Rick

7 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

The way I do it on mobile is click under the quote box and just back space a couple times.

Sometimes when I do that it starts taking me back through internet pages.

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, dkolo said:

I've resorted to going into the source code menu and doing it that way. 

Is there any way to bring back the old trash can button for deleting a draft altogether? 

That trash can never existed on IPB, I don't think.

Can you see the source button? Oh, yeah, that's enabled for Forum Leaders.

23 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

Thanks all.  It would be nice if they made it a bit more obvious.

They're working on it. It's really pretty easy on desktop browsers.

The "+" sign that people are talking about is here:

Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 12.47.04 PM.png

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't think the trash button was ever enabled after the switchover; I was thinking back to the Huddler days. It helped make the "Stop typing, this doesn't need to be posted" decision easier, haha. 

Thanks for the heads up on the cross symbol, that's at least a better way of doing it than messing around in the source.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

4 hours ago, iacas said:

All I use is desktop browser - I don't think I've ever made a post from my phone.  On the old site I just dragged to highlight and hit either Backspace or Delete.  Doesn't work here, and there is nothing very intuitive about that plus icon, at least not for me.  It only shows when roll the cursor over the quote, and to me it looks more like a "Move" button.  It even says "Click and drag to move", but I can't make it do anything, not even move.  Ctrl + click does appear to work though.

Rick

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

All I use is desktop browser - I don't think I've ever made a post from my phone.  On the old site I just dragged to highlight and hit either Backspace or Delete.  Doesn't work here, and there is nothing very intuitive about that plus icon, at least not for me.  It only shows when roll the cursor over the quote, and to me it looks more like a "Move" button.  It even says "Click and drag to move", but I can't make it do anything, not even move.  Ctrl + click does appear to work though.

It does move things, Rick.

I agree it's not intuitive. But that's how you do it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!