IGNORED

Line on Ball

iacas
Note: This thread is 5932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What do you use to line up putts?

• A logo on the ball
    • A line I've drawn on it
    • A spot in front of the ball on the green
    • Nothing - I just hit it

That really is interesting, but does this mean that manufacturers claims that a ball is longer etc etc are also false ! Must admit that I stopped buying ProV because of the info re needing high swingspeed to get advantage and switched to Titleist SoLo which of course claim that its good for slow swingspeeds. I dont see any difference between any of them and for example NXT Tour, Maxfli Rev Ext. My swingspeed off the driver is only 87 mph and I am getting about 250/270 yards. I am using a Cleveland Launcher Comp with the standard Cleveland Fujikura R shaft. Recently I went to the Titleist launcher day and tried their new driver with numerous shafts and none could match my accuracy and distance with the Cleveland.

Cobra F Speed Driver
Cobra 3 wood
2 Hybrids 20 and 23 Deg.
Cleveleland Irons
Macgregor Fat lady swings putterSrixon balls

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I line up the logo with the target. Works well for me. When teeing off I dont position the ball in any which way.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

"Puttin' for bird" is different than "makin' birds". I'm sure he meant lining up with a mark on the ball. At least I hope so.

• 2 months later...
Interesting, I just posted a thread about the Check-and-go gadget.
(marks the center of the ball with a line around the entire ball)

It has not impressed me.

I go with line it up and hit it!

D_GOLF
Driver: R9 8.5 (S)
Irons: TP Burners XD
Putter: YES

Interesting, I just posted a thread about the Check-and-go gadget.

i agree...bought it, tried it, threw it away....stupid check go.....

$10 on the line-m-up with marker and we are good to go

• 2 weeks later...
I line it up and hit it. It always takes too long to line up the exact line on the logo or a drawn-on line (and by too long I mean 2-3 minutes). Besides, if it shifts in the wind or when you stand up, you're screwed.
"Hit 'em hard - they'll land somewhere." - Stewart Maiden

In the Bag:

Driver: R480, 10.5*, Graphite5 Wood: R540 XD, 17.5*, GraphiteIrons: Big Bertha 4-10 + GW, SSWedge: 56*, Chrome, SSPutter: White HotBall: HX Hot

If you look at the callaway ball (my avatar), I make that arrow or "V" looking thing point into the cup or where I'm aiming. I don't know if that's what they intended, but it works well!

"Keep it in the short grass."

Driver: Titleist 905R 9.5 deg., w/ ProForce V2 shaft
3W: Callaway X-Hot 15 deg., Grafalloy Blue stiff
Hybrid/Util: Callaway Heavenwood 2H, 17 deg., Grafalloy Blue stiff Hybrid/Util: Hogan 3H 21 deg., TT Dyn.Gld stiffIrons: Callaway X-18 Pro Series, 3-PW, TT Dyn. Gld...

line it everytime.. I have since 3 putted.. it works for me even with the driver..

TP RED is my line..

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

Just got the Line-M-Up for Christmas. Let's hope it works for me!

Driver: R7 460cc 9.5* (Stiff Shaft)
3W:Firesole (Reg Shaft)
Hybrid: 3i 22* graphite (Stiff Shaft)
Irons: G5 3-PW (Reg Shaft)
Wedges: iWedge 52* Vokey 56*Putter: White Steel 2-ballBall: Platinum One

• 2 weeks later...
I use the equator (marked by the "Pro V1 392" wording)...it just gives me confidence.
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

I use that goofy check and go. I'm not sure if it works or not but I'll put the line on there any way so I just use that to mark the equator very light then mark a little one inch line and rub of the rest of the equator line out. for some reason it screws with my eyes optically. it doesn't look straight.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

I use Line-M-Up.
David Ditto
In The Bag
Driver- Bridgestone Precept EC Fuel 420cc Driver
Woods- TaylorMade Vsteel Fairway Woods
Irons-Affinity ATS Hybrid IronsWedge- Wilson 60° Harmonized Black WedgePutter-Heavy Putter Matte Series PutterShoes- Nike SP3 Golf ShoesHome Course- River Run Golf...

I use Line-M-Up.

Ditto - just got one last week. I have always used the "Pro V1" line or whatever is on the ball in that position. I think I am gonna like the line I draw on there.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

I used to put a line on the ball all the time and then for some reason stopped. My putting went to crap!!! I have been fighting my putting all year then I played with a friend I hadnt played with for a while and he asked, "Why dont you put the line on anymore?". Dunno!!!

Anyway I started again and my putting has improved greatly.

New rule for me: Dont be lazy, put the line on.

I dont use the line to aim exactly at my line, I use more for a general idea of where I want to start the ball rolling.
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

Note: This thread is 5932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!