IGNORED

Awards! Now Available Again!

iacas
Note: This thread is 2826 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The app I use, TheGrint, has achievements like :

• bogie free, double free, triple free rounds 
  • back to back birdies, 3 birdies in a row, etc.
  • score in the 60's, 70's and 80's

Another one that comes to mind is penalty free round.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Golfingdad said:

Not sure about the icon thing ;) but in regards to the specifics;

I notice for the existing awards that if you hover over it, there are notes.  Perhaps the tournament champion icon could be a generic type trophy, and if we see it and want to know more about it, we hover.  Then in that window are the specifics.o that would mean that any member who has ever won any tournament at any level could boast if they wanted and just give the details in that pop-up.  I also envision something similar for your "Break 100, 90, 80" badges.  It would be nice if we see the badge and then can learn that perhaps they just reached it and can congratulate them, whereas if I see that @Ernest Jones broke 90 on a Par 42 course 3 years ago, I'll be much less impressed.:-P

I realize this may mean more work for you, so I think it only makes sense if its easy for you to copy and paste and then just tell us that when we request an award that we write a xxx character tag that we want visible along with it.

Anyways, that was my thought.

16 hours ago, David in FL said:

Agree!  But, any award based on performance or a threshold of some sort should be verifiable...

To follow up my explanation above ... instead of a little tidbit attached directly to the achievement trophy - and this could be made true of all of the achievements - perhaps it can be a link to a post.  We could make a thread dedicated to each award, and then you post your story in the thread and your trophy links to your post.

For the tournament one, we basically already have the thread that @David in FL started, and when/if you win one, just post in there with a pic of the trophy. :)

I'm just brainstorming here, as I imagine that it might be a lot of work for the admins.

EDited to add that I thought the achievements were visible in your signature on all posts, but it appears as though they are just on your profile page.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, davechen said:

The app I use, TheGrint, has achievements like :

• bogie free, double free, triple free rounds 
  • back to back birdies, 3 birdies in a row, etc.
  • score in the 60's, 70's and 80's

Another one that comes to mind is penalty free round.

I like those, but I'd like to think that most people would max out at about six achievements so that they fit in the info pane pretty easily. I don't want people with large info panes and 27 different achievements. 

13 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

To follow up my explanation above ... instead of a little tidbit attached directly to the achievement trophy - and this could be made true of all of the achievements - perhaps it can be a link to a post.  We could make a thread dedicated to each award, and then you post your story in the thread and your trophy links to your post.

For the tournament one, we basically already have the thread that @David in FL started, and when/if you win one, just post in there with a pic of the trophy. :)

I'm just brainstorming here, as I imagine that it might be a lot of work for the admins.

EDited to add that I thought the achievements were visible in your signature on all posts, but it appears as though they are just on your profile page.

Just being honest, a bit too much work for me. I'm going with pretty boilerplate text in each of the awards and achievements when I issue them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, iacas said:

I don't want people with large info panes and 27 different achievements. 

Uh...yeah...no kidding. Screw those people. 

And, just for good measure, screw Barney too. 

;-)

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 5:04 PM, iacas said:

Awards are now available!

Great looking awards ..........;-)

The LSW book is way sexier than the cup.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• Administrator

One thing I'd like people to think about…

I can enable awards that members can give to each other. For example, if I had an award for "Funny Member!" a regular member could award that to someone else they find funny. (That's just an example - it may not make a good award).

I’m considering doing that, but I wouldn’t want it to get out of hand.

Also, most of the awards and such that I've set up to this point are "one-time" award" type things, but for example, Member of the Month can be done multiple times. So too could any other awards. They don't all have to be "can only receive one." Here's the checkbox in the Member of the Month award:

Screen Shot 2016-02-05 at 8.55.11 AM.png

So, what member-issued awards would you like to see? Think about it before sharing your answer, but if we can come up with three to six, I think it could be fun.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

So, what member-issued awards would you like to see? Think about it before sharing your answer, but if we can come up with three to six, I think it could be fun.

Purplest dinosaur. You might as well make them all @Golfingdad related since he'll be receiving them all :-P

What about stuff like top reviewer, rules guru, swing theorist, etc. Stuff that members can award other members so that others can recognize that their award-related comments are well regarded by the community?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

42 minutes ago, billchao said:

Purplest dinosaur. You might as well make them all @Golfingdad related since he'll be receiving them all :-P

Haha, very funny! :-P

42 minutes ago, billchao said:

What about stuff like top reviewer, rules guru, swing theorist, etc. Stuff that members can award other members so that others can recognize that their award-related comments are well regarded by the community?

I like these.  The first that came to mind was similar to the "swing theorist" one ... I'm thinking one that could be awarded to somebody who gives out the most helpful instruction-related advice (obviously besides Mike and Erik).  The rules guru one is also good.

These would give a little extra clout to those particular members' posts in such threads.

Top reviewer we basically already have.  Although you are probably referring to the substance of the reviews as opposed to the quantity.

1 hour ago, billchao said:

barney.jpg.18b81384aeada9f5592ea1ce5b0d3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, Golfingdad said:

Top reviewer we basically already have.  Although you are probably referring to the substance of the reviews as opposed to the quantity.

Yea. I wasn't in love with this one anyway and our member reviews are all pretty good. I just wanted to throw ideas out there.

Maybe something for people who are knowledgeable about equipment? Stats experts?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

6 hours ago, billchao said:

Maybe something for people who are knowledgeable about equipment? Stats experts?

Golf equipment ho! This may be viewed as a badge of honor or disdain, but we all know a bunch of members on here who would deserve it.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, onkey said:

LSW and broke 80, please

Please do that in the "claim" thread.

• 5 months later...
  • Administrator

I think I'll add "10+ rounds in GAME GOLF" achievement.

I noticed that the GG info isn't shown on the mobile version of the site, and I'd like to highlight it for our partner, regardless of whether folks are browsing on their smart phones or computers.

10+ may be just "owns a GAME GOLF" because I could write a script to award all of the initial batch to the 200+ folks here with GAME GOLFs.

BTW, if you have a GAME GOLF, add your username to your profile:

https://thesandtrap.com/how-to/game-golf-username

P.S. Or maybe I'll just find a way to show that post-bit info on smart phones.

53 minutes ago, iacas said:

10+ may be just "owns a GAME GOLF" because I could write a script to award all of the initial batch to the 200+ folks here with GAME GOLFs.

I don't mind being given the award preemptively, but it's worth noting I have only one GAME GOLF round so far.  But I have at least three rounds coming up in the next two weeks (four if I make the cut at my club championship).  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

On 7/29/2016 at 4:12 PM, Shindig said:

I don't mind being given the award preemptively, but it's worth noting I have only one GAME GOLF round so far.

:bugout:!!!

Sounds like someone's letting life get in the way of golf.  Do we need to have an intervention??

award1.jpg

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Note: This thread is 2826 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!