IGNORED

Nike hyperflight golf balls

Note: This thread is 2957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Since tinkering with my gear and joining tst, ive become kind of a ball junkie. Trouble is a buddy of mine asked my opinion on a ball i havnt played. Hes looking for thoughts on the nike hyperflight balls. He said theyre a three piece ball and u get two dozen for 40 bucks. Hes looking for soft feel, and solid performance into and around the freens. He thinks these would be great for giving him more spin than the pd soft he plays now cus the hyperflight is a three piece. I told him what I could which wasnt much as Ive never played that one but I told him the cover makes most of the difference in golf balls not necessarily the number of pieces. Any of yall play it and could help me advise him Id be grateful.

pls forgive the redundancy and type os. I havnt hardly slept all week and I think its starting to get to me.

Edited by stealthhwk

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My only guess is that nobody has played these things. Found a couple sleeves at pga superstore so bought them. Ill give him a sleeve to try and since nobody had any feedback, maybe ill post my thoughts here after I give em a shot next week.

8 hours ago, stealthhwk said:

My only guess is that nobody has played these things. Found a couple sleeves at pga superstore so bought them. Ill give him a sleeve to try and since nobody had any feedback, maybe ill post my thoughts here after I give em a shot next week.

The following comment comes from a different golf forum from someones experience with the Nike Hyperflights

I have never been one to actually stick with the same ball, I only use what i find in my bag, and those are balls i find on the course. So yesterday pulled a Hyperflight out, and for the 8 holes it sadly lasted, i shot 4 under, got 2 eagles, 1 birdie, 4 pars, and a bogey. I am usually a very inconsistant driver, and shoot a little better than bogey golf, so this was a huge step forward!  But i found these to got as straight as I have ever hit, and they would stop on a dime on the green! at only $25 a doz. maybe my new gamer.

anyone else like these? They feel like you are hitting a cotton ball, sooooo soft and wow they FLY!!! I have tried every ball, these feel the softest while actually keeping or adding distance!!

4 hours ago, 9wood said:

The following comment comes from a different golf forum from someones experience with the Nike Hyperflights

I have never been one to actually stick with the same ball, I only use what i find in my bag, and those are balls i find on the course. So yesterday pulled a Hyperflight out, and for the 8 holes it sadly lasted, i shot 4 under, got 2 eagles, 1 birdie, 4 pars, and a bogey. I am usually a very inconsistant driver, and shoot a little better than bogey golf, so this was a huge step forward!  But i found these to got as straight as I have ever hit, and they would stop on a dime on the green! at only $25 a doz. maybe my new gamer.

anyone else like these? They feel like you are hitting a cotton ball, sooooo soft and wow they FLY!!! I have tried every ball, these feel the softest while actually keeping or adding distance!!

4 hours ago, 9wood said:

Thanks for the hidden gem!!! Thats encouraging stuff. I really like the ball Ive been playing, but after reading that, Im looking forward to giving them a shot.

I did a search for them.  I wanted to see what they use for a cover.  It only said it was soft.  If it was urethane, they would have said so.  It won't be the best spinning ball, but the price is pretty good.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

• 2 weeks later...

After sufferring thru another miserable round with the tf gamer tour I decided to give the nike hyperflight a shot. 3 piece surlyn ball with a medium soft feel. Parred the next two holes and followed that up with a bogey on the toughest hole on the course. Greenside spin was fairly impressive for a non urethane ball. Greenside chips and pitches were simply less frequent during my last round so take that sample size with a grain of salt. Ball had perfect medium high trajectory and a medium soft feel. If you require anything less than tour spin, this ball might be a decent choice. Id have to say its similar to the Bridgestone e6 albeit a bit firmer in feel, and significantly more approach spin. The price is also much better than the e6. I def prefer the feel of the e6 off the putter tho. Just some feedback since few of yall have played it.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a box of these from Wildhorse with a stay and play package.  I normally use balls I find and so I try a wide variety.  With these positive reviews I will try them soon and hopefully don't lose them too fast.  The e6 is a ball I liked to use whenever I could find a stray.  

Driver: Nike SasQuatch 460 Tour Graphite
Irons: Titleist CB 712 Dynamic Gold
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX Black Pearl Steel Wedge 50° and 54°, Cleveland 588 RTG 60°
Putter: Nike Method Matter M4-12

Note: This thread is 2957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!