IGNORED

C Taper

Jarrad
Note: This thread is 2992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi. I am new to this Forum.  I had a question about the C Taper shaft.  I have played S300's my whole life and I'm getting a new set of clubs.  I purchased just the 7 iron to try out the C Taper shaft in them and was wondering what you guys thought about the transition.  I hit it and loved it.  But what about a heavier weight? I have the 120 but the S300 weights 130.  I assume the C Taper has less flex to it.  What am I giving up by going to the C Taper from the S300?

Thanks, Jarrad

57 minutes ago, Jarrad said:

Hi. I am new to this Forum.  I had a question about the C Taper shaft.  I have played S300's my whole life and I'm getting a new set of clubs.  I purchased just the 7 iron to try out the C Taper shaft in them and was wondering what you guys thought about the transition.  I hit it and loved it.  But what about a heavier weight? I have the 120 but the S300 weights 130.  I assume the C Taper has less flex to it.  What am I giving up by going to the C Taper from the S300?

Thanks, Jarrad

By this chart, the DG-S300 at 5.8 FCM is between a KBS C-Taper R+ and KBS C-Taper S. More towards the R+. This all depends on your swing and how you load the club. I would get fitted for clubs. They should be able to allow you to test different flex with the C-Taper. Find which one produces the best feel and numbers for you. 

FCMChart.jpg

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You'll also need to also factor the club weight. Keep in mind, soft or hard stepping is an option to achieve tip flex.

Other considerations: desired ball flight, work ability, spin control are also thoughts when selecting iron shafts.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

When I was fitted for C-Taper 130's in X-stiff the fitter told me I'd be better able to keep my trajectory down better than with DG-X100s. I would figure the other C-Taper options all have higher bend points than their DG counterparts.

I have also played X100's before and the difference is noticeable but not huge. The real seller for the C-Tapers is that they are simply awesome looking with the powder coat finish and stepless design. Looks  count for something.

• Upvote 1

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Note: This thread is 2992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!