IGNORED

This is the expensive version of working on start line, hitting between two alignment sticks

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2986 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So if he breaks a window, big deal, he pays for it, but fun to try. 3 iron. I don't want to think about what would happen should there be a bad rebound.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hope no one was walking by the window.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I wish my wife got that excited about my golf shots.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Very strong.  Reminds me of the scene in Tin Cup....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Looks like something Joe Walsh would have done. But he would have kept the window closed. :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I just realized that the drapes hide how wide the doorway is.  Could easily be a sliding glass door that's completely open, with just the drapes drawn to give the impression that there's more at risk than there actually is...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

4 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

Hope no one was walking by the window.

It kind of looks like a hotel balcony to me. I'm assuming there is nothing out there to be hit by that ball.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Maybe I'll try that if it gets some nymphette to hop over and jump on me.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

On 2/11/2016 at 5:01 PM, No Mulligans said:

Total jerk move, disrespectful to the hotel owner and juvenile. 

Disrespectful to the hotel owner¿ How about what I did to my wife on top of the bed spread at the last hotel we went to? I can assure you that it was much more egregious... :whistle:

Colin P.

Actually, this is a really cheap version.  I can't find a video, but does anybody remember Vaughn Taylor's 2nd shot yesterday at 18?  He was about 30-40 yards behind that tree in the fairway, and he chose to hit a low hook under and around the tree.  He executed it perfectly and put himself in perfect position to wedge it on and nearly make a birdie.  Had he screwed up and hit the tree, who knows what would have happened, but the difference in prize money between 1st and 2nd yesterday was $504,000.

Pretty sure that that sliding window is a little less than that. :-P

58 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Disrespectful to the hotel owner¿ How about what I did to my wife on top of the bed spread at the last hotel we went to? I can assure you that it was much more egregious... :whistle:

Pretty sure that was a motel. Rules are a little different at the Super 8. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

28 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Pretty sure that was a motel. Rules are a little different at the Super 8. 

It was a Microtel, dammit!! 

Colin P.

On 2/11/2016 at 2:16 PM, billchao said:

It kind of looks like a hotel balcony to me. I'm assuming there is nothing out there to be hit by that ball.

Let's say it goes 200, that's about how long the lines in the photo are, assuming they're facing the ocean, no one jeopardy. I'm guessing they checked beforehand no one's out there. Also I think the tweet said the shot was hit 3AM. If you look around, there's lots of open low/no traffic pedestrian space. I personally wouldn't do it even I could pull off the shot 95/100 times, but imho, it seems there's a very low risk of hitting anyone.

https://www.google.com/maps/@24.5378613,54.4251948,1464m/data=!3m1!1e3

56c24b86bbfbf_ScreenShot2016-02-15at5.01

His current hotel has no qualms:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 2986 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!