IGNORED

Club face angles

Traveller
Note: This thread is 2946 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have an older Cobra driver with a draw-biased closed face angle probably of 1 degree or more.

Bending the hosel to open the face to neutral doesn't appear to be a good option so my question is:

Would a change of shaft have any effect on the face angle of the club?

I suspect a non-adjustable club is just that but I would like to know for sure

R7 425 driver -- 4 wood -- 2 hybrids -- 5 irons -- 2 wedges -- Ping PAL2 putter -- Titleist NXT Tour S

No way to adjust it but you can grip the club so the face is square or open at address. The closed face angle doesn't usually effect things unless you sole it prior to gripping.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, SavvySwede said:

No way to adjust it but you can grip the club so the face is square or open at address. The closed face angle doesn't usually effect things unless you sole it prior to gripping.

thanks. I'm doing that so I might do some horse trading.

R7 425 driver -- 4 wood -- 2 hybrids -- 5 irons -- 2 wedges -- Ping PAL2 putter -- Titleist NXT Tour S

17 hours ago, Traveller said:

Would a change of shaft have any effect on the face angle of the club?

It depends on the swing speed and swing path that you have.

Give a few details in your post of your current shaft model and flex stiffness and the ball flight you have, would enable members to offer more suggestions.

Also, specs like driver swing speed and a reasonable distance your trying to accomplish would help.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

On 14/2/2016 at 1:57 AM, Club Rat said:

It depends on the swing speed and swing path that you have.

Give a few details in your post of your current shaft model and flex stiffness and the ball flight you have, would enable members to offer more suggestions.

Also, specs like driver swing speed and a reasonable distance your trying to accomplish would help.

Thanks for your reply.

The club is in storage some distance from here so I can't get shaft details just yet ( I will on next visit ).

my current ss is 88-90 and the distance I would like to achieve is 200m plus a bit of roll

200 meters is very reasonable carry for your SS. You'll need a positive attack angle.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

On 22/2/2016 at 11:42 PM, ShotShySheriff said:

Add an extra 1/2" in length to the shaft and I bet that might counter the 1 deg closed. Or add a bit of lead tape to the toe so that the toe closes slower than the heel.

thanks for that. Tape sounds like a good idea (  I didn't think of that one ) and the easiest.

Note: This thread is 2946 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!