Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doublesuited77

indoor driving ranges in chicago area

15 posts in this topic

anyone have any that they like. Usually i take the winter off, but i have a golf trip to Austin in early January that I want to make sure my ballstriking is good for.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I only know of a few.. as I'm from the Northwest burbs..

White Pines Golf Dome - Bensenville. These guys pinoeered the golf dome business. Great guys here as well.

Addison Links and Tees - Addison. Newer dome, better looking targets, never crazy busy.

Ditka's Sports Complex - Bolingbrook. Stepped foot in there once just to have a look. Looked great.

Poplar Creek - Hoffman Estates. I know they used to have a decent dome, but not sure if they still put it up or not. Worth a call.

There is also on in Oswego out by Aurora.. not sure where you're from, but.. that's available too.

Hope this helps..

In Desplaines they have an outdoor range but all the stalls are heated, so at least you can see your whole ball flight, and stay warm also

Anyone join Golf Nation in Palatine? A buddy of mine told me about it. Sounds like a cool concept. Golfnation.us is the web site. I wish it was closer to me.

Anyone join Golf Nation in Palatine? A buddy of mine told me about it. Sounds like a cool concept. Golfnation.us is the web site. I wish it was closer to me.

I live right next to the place, but IMO the membership dues are a little pricey for what you get.

I live far south of Chicago, thought originally from Orland Park. I'm in Bloomington and we have a heated outdoor range, 300 to the net...and there's an indoor golf center that has those projected virtual courses. They work pretty well for the most part, but the short game and putting is far more difficult than on a real course.

I went to the one in Des Plaines, the Golf Center last winter. Outdoors with heated tee boxes. But you still have to dress warmly. I used lightweight layered clothing to stay warm with out affecting my swing. Not much wind that day so it wasn't too bad.

There's a couple indoor places but they usually no more than 100yds so you don't get true ball flight.

If the wind is low, the outdoor range in Des Plaines, The Golf Center, is the way to go.

Info on this one -

They're closed on the weekends and close at 4:30 during the week. I might check it out while i'm on vacation.

I've heard good things about Boggies Indoor Golf Club too. The drive is too far for me though.

I would try Salt Creek in Woodale outdoor driving range in Chicago, that has heaters. Really a nice area and the mats are almost like real grass for your iron shots. 10 bucks I think for all the balls you can hit between 12-6. Weekdays only i think?