IGNORED

Hybrids

Note: This thread is 5764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you have a hybrid in your bag?

• Yes
    • No
    • Soon!

It's Ogio, and yeah, now there's one:

Damn you're good.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Callaway X 2H, 18°

Still learning to hit this club, I want to be good with it SO BAD.
I'm still getting used to the weight of it, the look of it and the stance I have to take with it. It's weird to be because it's heavy as an iron, it looks like a fairway wood (sorta) and it's in between lengths of the two...

When I tee off with it, should I go off the deck or tee-up low?
WITB

Callaway FT-5 11°
Callaway X-HOT 15°
Sonartec HB-001 19° & 23°Callaway X-22 5-PWTitleist Vokey 200 Series 52°Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56°Titleist Vokey Special Grind 60°Scotty Cameron Mizuno M-100

I believe when the rules allow you to, tee it up. If you want it low just get it off the ground on a tee.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

I have 2 hybrids in my bag.

I recently purchased a 19 degree Cleveland HiBore.

I have only hit it a few times in play. For some reason I cannot hit it off of a tee but I can crush it off of the fairway. Once I can get it off of the tee, it will become a great go to club when I HAVE to find the fairway. It is also going to let me go after the par 5's at my home course. This club has made them all reachable in 2.

The other hybrid is a Nike Slingshot. It is a 4 iron but I am unsure of the loft at the moment. I don't carry a 3 iron so this is a nice club from the rough or from 200 yards.

I will likely replace the Slingshot in the future.

In my bag:

Driver: Cleveland Hibore XL 9.5*
Hybrids: Cleveland HiBore 19*
Nike Slingshot 23*Irons: Titleist 775 CBWedges: Titleist Vokey 54.10 Callaway X-Tour 58.12

If you can't hit it off the tee, don't even tee it up. It'll make it "seem" like your in the fairway.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

When I tee off with it, should I go off the deck or tee-up low?

Depends what you're confident, and what you're better at. 99 out of 100 times if the rules allow you to put the ball on a peg, put the damn ball on a peg. No point in passing up a perfect lie. But if for some reason you hit it better off the deck, you're the man - do whatever gets the ball in the hole.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Depends what you're confident, and what you're better at. 99 out of 100 times if the rules allow you to put the ball on a peg, put the damn ball on a peg. No point in passing up a perfect lie. But if for some reason you hit it better off the deck, you're the man - do whatever gets the ball in the hole.

I'm certainly NOT the man!

For some reason I just hit my irons better off the deck (on the tee box) than off a tee. Maybe if I tee it very low, I will get better results, but I almost always hit my iron tee shots right off the grass.
WITB

Callaway FT-5 11°
Callaway X-HOT 15°
Sonartec HB-001 19° & 23°Callaway X-22 5-PWTitleist Vokey 200 Series 52°Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56°Titleist Vokey Special Grind 60°Scotty Cameron Mizuno M-100

• 5 weeks later...
I just bought a Cobra Baffler DWS 20*/3R since I am absolutely inept at hitting my 3 iron. I haven't taken it on the course yet, but it is incredibly simple to hit straight on the range. It's fun to hear that little, metalic sound and then look up and see the ball getting smaller and smaller. I will feel much better in the fairway and on the par 3 tees now.

In my C-130 bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: G10 steel AWT shafts, silver dot, +1" (3-SW)Wedge: cg12 58*Putters: Squareback 2, California Coronado Low score (18 holes): 90Low score (9 holes): 42

I love my hybrid (see signature). It is my "go to" club when my swing is not in-sync off the tee and it is great for going at PAR 5's in two. Besides my Heavenwood , I also like the Mizuno Fli-hi and the TaylorMade Burner hybrids. I think the Burner might be my next purchase (19 °)...

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

have you tried the Ping Rapture hybrid - demo it !!

In the bag-
driver: Ping G5
irons: Callaway X-20 4-PW
Woods: none
Hybrid- Ping Rapture /18 and 21wedges: Mizuno -t series 51/56/60 putter: Titlesit SC ball: V1/HX Hot/HX 56

I think I'm going to pick up a Taylor Made Rescue Dual 19* to replace my Perfect club, which isn't so perfect.
in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

Cobra Baffler Pro 18*

It's the first hybrid I've ever owned, and it replaced my old Hogan Apex butterknife like 2-iron. As much as I miss my 2 iron, I really wish I had made the switch years ago. I was actually able to get rid of my 3 wood and add a wedge because I carry this thing 260+.

I have a couple Maxfli hybrids that I really like in 21 and 24*. Unfortunetly I don't hit the 21 quite high enough to get enough maximum distance out of it. I think I'm going to replace the 21* hybrid with a 5 wood to better even out my distances in the 210-230 range.

I have tried my hybrid for 8 months now and it's by far the least used club. I hit my #4 iron father and straiter than my #3 hybrid so I have just tossed out my hybrid and put my 3 iron back in.
I like my 3 wood, but I just can't seem to him this hybrid.

My Cobra 20* Baffler is amazing.

I smoke this thing about 215, and stick a few greens if I have to.

It is incredibly versatile and one of the easiest clubs to hit in my bag.

The sound it makes when you hit it perfectly is more satisfying than the sound of my driver.

Replace my 5 iron with a Bang Bang-O-Matic 27 degree hybrid. Could not hit my 5 iron consistent and the Bang has changed that for me. I really like this club.

My orginal set was 4-gap wedge. Had already replaced my 4 iron with a Bang 7 wood.

Ok I can not hit long irons. but I can hit these clubs.

cybear

The-Bear's: OGIO Backpacks Golf Bags and Work Bags cart bag.

Driver:       ping.gif Rapture 10.5 w/stock R
Fairways:  cleveland.gif 588 14 Matrix Ozik 6Q3 R
Hybrids:   adams.gif a12os 3h-6h Grafalloy Prolanch blue 60 R

Irons:      adams.gif a12os 7-PW Grafalloy Prolanch blue 60 R
Wedges:  Hopkins Black Stain Chrome 48-08 full sole, 52-08 shelf, 56-14 channel Hopkins OTM steel W

Putter:     ping.gif  B60i IsoPur 

Ball:       callaway.gif Supersoft ball

i replaced my 4 iron with a 4 baffler hybrid and i love it. i really crush it with that thing. go cobra

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

Note: This thread is 5764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!