IGNORED

out at the range this mornin

Note: This thread is 5937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i read something similar in another post and it got me to thinkin,that its noticeably different hittin from the range than out on the course,the one time i was out on the course,it felt more comfortable hitting the ball than at the range/off the mats...........any one have a thought as to why that might be? or am i just crazy?(a possability)
Driver:Louisville Golf Transitional driver(15*)
Wood:Tad Moore/Tom Morris Brassie(14*)
Long IronTad Moore/Tom Morris Cleek(18*)
Long Iron:Tad Moore/Tom Morris Mid Iron(22*)
Approach:Tad Moore OA Hickories Jigger(26*)Approach:Burke T ray Mongrel MashieApproach:Tad Moore OA Hickories Mashie(37*)Short:Geor...

I always hit the ball better on the course than I do at the range. I'm always putting a lot more focus on each shot while on the course. This is definitely something I need to work on so that I can practice like I play.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

only diff i can maybe see would be that out on the course im not distracted by the tarps,bag stands,etc..........that are just out of my peripheral view at the range
Approach:Tad Moore OA Hickories Jigger(26*)Approach:Burke T ray Mongrel MashieApproach:Tad Moore OA Hickories Mashie(37*)Short:Geor...

what you should do is set up a game for your practices on the range? for instance: play a few imaginary holes. pretend you are playing a 525 yard par 5 with a dog leg to the left. then, drive. estimate the distance and location and then continue until you get the ball on the green. you have to be honest with yourself though. if you shank the drive. you have to pretend like you are hitting from an ajoining fairway, or behind trees or in really bad rough. if you top a 100 yard wedge shot to the green. then play that next 60-70 yard shot. if you smoke one 25 yards past the imaginary hole, chip it back on.

this will do a few things. it will be fun. secondly, it will require you to think like you do on the course about how you are going to hit a particular shot. instead of just getting up there and swinging at 10 balls in 3 minutes.
What's in the bag... ( Revolver)

Driver: Big Bertha Diablo 8*
3 Wood: 4DX Fairway 15*
3I-PW: X20 Tours (Rifle Project X Flighted 6.0)Wedges: CG12 Black Pearl 50* 54* SM Vokey X-Forged 58* C GrindPutter: Classic #2 66* lieBalls: Various

that makes sense...i gotta try that

what you should do is set up a game for your practices on the range? for instance: play a few imaginary holes. pretend you are playing a 525 yard par 5 with a dog leg to the left. then, drive. estimate the distance and location and then continue until you get the ball on the green. you have to be honest with yourself though. if you shank the drive. you have to pretend like you are hitting from an ajoining fairway, or behind trees or in really bad rough. if you top a 100 yard wedge shot to the green. then play that next 60-70 yard shot. if you smoke one 25 yards past the imaginary hole, chip it back on.

I totally agree on this. I actually will print out a card from a course I'm going to play that next weekend so I can "play" the course prior to even teeing it up. I also agree about the range. If the mats are hard, you resist hitting down on the ball. And all the lines from the dividers driver me crazy unless I'm hitting it straight out in the range.

great advice...gave it a try yesterday..............certainly breaks it up and keeps ya thinkin..........thanks :>)

Oh yeah, and one addition about playing the course at the range, I keep score! Our range has small sand greens around the target flags, so if I hit it in there on my "approach", then it's a birdie. But, if I miss it by a large margin, than I have to get "up and down" but hitting it at one of the 30yd targets. Hit in in the target, then I get my par, if not, I get a bogie.

It's fun and keeps me focused.

Like Fiji, I hit it better on the course.

Those are some good practice ideas...I will give it a try to regain focus on the range.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

There is no substitute for practice in the range . You have all the time to groove your swing in accorcance to the shot you want to hit . Confidence is born when you have hit a shot numerous times that it becomes second in nature when you play the course .

i just had a thought....and i need to know the answer cause im goin to the range tommorow mornin(itll be 30ish in the am....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)..IF i keep score.........................how do i score any shot banked off the ball recovery tractor? lol

i just had a thought....and i need to know the answer cause im goin to the range tommorow mornin(itll be 30ish in the am....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)..IF i keep score.........................how do i score any shot banked off the ball recovery tractor? lol

Any moving object is an eagle!

Have fun, jg

i just wanted to grant credit to this board. i'm a fairly new golfer having started in june. i am pretty sure that i read that tip on the board earlier this year. it has really helped me bring focus, and to be honest just some fun, to the practice range. but, it wasn't my idea. i stole it from some great mind on this board. thanks guys. this board has been a huge help.
What's in the bag... ( Revolver)

Driver: Big Bertha Diablo 8*
3 Wood: 4DX Fairway 15*
3I-PW: X20 Tours (Rifle Project X Flighted 6.0)Wedges: CG12 Black Pearl 50* 54* SM Vokey X-Forged 58* C GrindPutter: Classic #2 66* lieBalls: Various

What I need to practice is 'pivot and divot', ie getting the bottom of my swing arc to occur in front of the ball instead of behind it.

Unfortunately, my local range does not have grass tees at this time of year and their range mats are inadequate to the task.

You should practice from the grass on the range. If they don't allow it, get more focused. Allways go through your routine on each and every shot.

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

I went to the range a few days ago.
I found out if I picked a focus point about 1 or 2 inches in front of the ball, I had better contact w/ my irons.
Where should I pick my focus point for the driver?

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

i wish i could go to the range, but its way too cold for me to be outside for that long.

at the range, I have trouble aiming. I subconsciously always aim my body or the clubface square to the mat, even when i dont want to lol.

Note: This thread is 5937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!