IGNORED

SuperQuad or FT-I ?

N.V.M.
Note: This thread is 5836 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i'm going to treat myself to a new driver, and have it narrowed down. tried both, not on a golf course, but on the giant interactive screens at the golf stores. both "feel" good to me yet am still undecided. can anyone help me out here?

My Blog

I have tried neither but I have read good reviews of the TM SuperQuad.
In My Grom Stand Bag:

Driver:
Big Bertha 460 Graphite 10°
Woods: Big Bertha 3&5 Graphite
Hybrid: r7 Rescue 19° Irons: 06 Big Bertha #4-SWPutter: 35 in. Rossie Mallet *Soon to be Bettinardi C03H 34"Ball: ProV1x

I've tried both. I really like the FT-i, its nice, thats all I can say. The superquad I thought was nice too, I didnt like the "mushy"ness of it and it sort of sounded weird IMO.

Driver: FT-3 NVS Stiff
Woods: X- 3 and 5 wood fujikura stiff
irons: X-Forged 4-PW - Flighted Project X 6.0
wedges: X-Tour (52/56/60)
putter: White Hot XG #1 ball: Pro V1/ Callaway HX Tour 56

i think the FT-5 is better club, but between those 2 the superquad is more versatile.

Driver:10 degree HS9 F speed Stock Regular
FW: 15 degree sasquatch stiff
906F4 18.5 V2 proforce stiff
Hybrid: 21 585H V2 Proforce stiff
Irons: Cobra Fp 4-PW Nippon StiffWedges: CG12 56 degree Wedge Flex Putter: Rossa agsi+ Daytona 1 35"

I am a tileist loyalest but I did drop the 905R for the Superquad and I am not disapointed. Deep face good workablity with the MWT. High MOI, I have gained about 15 yards, very straight.The only downside is that makes kind of tinging noise after a drive, really isn't that bad. The FT-I isn't as long or workable, but straight. I reccomend the Superquad.

i have played both and the superquad is alot more powerful. ft-i is just straight. if you dont like the sound get the tp version.

whats in my bag
r7 425 v2 x flex
ss 2.5 stiff
:KZG-forged evolution project x 6.5
cg12 52,56900 form forged 60 bettanardi co3 33.75"pro v1

the superquad is amazing!! i use the 425 and i love it... but yesterday i went to dicks sporting goods and tried out the superquad on the launch moniter. My distance was only about 10 yards longer, but all my shots went to about the same place (slight draw). Where with the 425 they can be a draw, fade, or straight. so it was awesome

driver - TM r7 425 10.5* Purple Ice Stiff
3 wood - TM r7 TP 15* reg. flex fij. vista pro
7 wood - Cally Big Bertha 21* proforce stiff
4 hybrid - TM Mid 22* reg. ultralight fij.5 hybrid - Nickent 3dx Ironwood 26* fij. banzia stiff irons - Ping eye 2+ 4, 6-pw kt-m stiff wedges - Ping tour 54*...

who cares what a driver sounds like if you hit it well? of the two i would get the superquad. it costs less, (even the TP version) and you can hit a variety of different shots. whereas with the ft-i it is more difficult to shape shots

I'd go with the Superquad. I tried them both and i think that the FT-I is too forgiving. It seems like it sacrafices a lot of distance for accuraccy. I think the Superquad will suit you well. I still like my 905R more than both.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Have tried both, but I liked the Superquad best. The FT-I is just striaght. You have 15 hcp and I think you should go for the Superquad. But it depends of what you want the most, distance or accuracy.

I hit the Superquad 15meters longer then the FT-I.

PS: Have you tried the Hibore XL? Great club

Laws of golf :
LAW 3: Brand new golf balls are water-magnetic. Though this cannot be proven in the lab, it is a known fact that the more expensive the golf ball, the greater its attraction to water.

LAW 8: Topping a 3-iron is the most painful torture known to man.
In my stand bag:Driver: HiBore...

if you are looking for forgiveness, go for the FT-i. If you want to work the ball, go for the TM

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

and i bought...an FT-I! i'd take straight over distance anyday. not to mention the great deal i got on the FT-I.

i'm a pretty long hitter already. with my new GPS, i've been measuring my drives to be in the 275 yd range, but if i can keep that distance yet get onto the fairway much more often, i'll be a happy camper. i'll give it a few months and reevaluate then. btw, right now i'm using a Nike Forged Titanium 400cc driver.(old!)

My Blog

btw, right now i'm using a Nike Forged Titanium 400cc driver.(old!)

I use an old Taylormade System2 Driver and a Talyormade Metalwood 5-wood. Look those babies up, hah.

And gratz on the purchase, I hope it serves you well.

Clubs in my Army-issued duffel-bag...

DTR Irons : 2-9
DCI Wedges : PW 48* & SW 56*
Driver : Mid-Size TP System2 9.5* Metalwood (5) 23*

after a couple of trips to the driving range now, this FT-I is absolutely a straight hitting machine. i've never seen a club,(iron,wedge,driver) make such a difference.

anyways, the down side...distance. i used to be able to hit the net at the back of the driving range quite easily,not so with the FT-I. i'm probably giving up 20-25 yards to my other club, and it's hurting the ego a bit. should i be disappointed? i suppose i should not judge until after a dozen rounds or so, but being on the fairway much more often,albeit not as far, should improve my score. i don't hit that many fairways right now, so just being on the fairway in theory should make an impact. man, i'm just rambling away here. see what losing distance does to a guy...

My Blog

Ah, yes some may have forgotten to mention that FT-i costs distance and also with FT-5. If you insist in keeping it I suggest to try re-shafting. Otherwise get the SuperQuad

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

i'm already going the reshafting route. the Speeder shaft it came with it is a "stiff", but i wouldn't call it stiff myself. not to mention the low kick point on the shaft,which launches the ball too high. i can see it for myself when i bend it by hand,it bends almost at the lower 1/4 of the shaft.

on a worse note, Callaway will charge me $60 fee just to book an appointment. if i go to my local fitter and have him do it, my warranty will be void.so i'm looking at at least a $200-$250 upgrade. arrrrgf!

My Blog

Note: This thread is 5836 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!