IGNORED

How Do You Arrange Clubs in your Bag?

roverT7
Note: This thread is 1094 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Club Arrangement  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How do you organize your bag?

• Put the clubs whereever
    • Put clubs in any open divider
    • Always group certain clubs together
    • Every club has one right location. Just one!

My bag has 10 tubes around the outside, with 5 dividers in the middle and a putter slot. (16 clubs? Well, only 13 right now plus room for gadgets )

All the irons/wedges are in the outer ring, in loft order with the 3 wedges and 9-8-7 at the top, as they are the go-to-clubs. Driver and 3 wood in the middle.

Never care about orientation, just same slot each time, and no noisy head bumping. Any difference and I grab the wrong club.

When playing a round with a 4 slot rental bag, I found it to be a real pain with all the extra time trying to find each club. And I never knew if all the clubs were in the bag. ( left 2 wedges on the last hole of the day)

Personally eyeing the new bagboy revolver, if I can get over IMHO the relative lack of storage in the bag.

Michael Krolewski

In the Bag Boy Revolver Pro on a Clicgear 2.0 cart:
Acer Mantara XL Driver 10.5
Acer Mantara S.S 3 Wood; 3DX DC 15* Hybrid (3w/1h); 3DX DC 17* Hybrid (4w/2h); Acer XP905 Ti Hollow Core WS 4-9i; cg14 48* 2dot; cg14 54* 1dot; cg14 60* 1dot

I've got a Sun Mountain C-130 which has 14 individual slots plus an external putter well (shhh... nobody tell the R&A;). Each club has it's own place that it always goes to live. That way, not only are they not banging each other around too much, but they also tend not to get left. A 2 second visual inspection tells me instantly which club is missing (aside from the hole in the 10:00 position which is always empty).

top left- Dr, 3 wood
top right- 2i, 3i, 4i
middle left- 5i, 6i
middle right- 7i, 8i
bottom left- 9i, pw
bottom right 54*, 60*, putter

I know where everything goes, so its easy not to lose a club.
Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°
Irons 735 3-pw S300, Golf Pride Tour Velvet cord
Wedges Spin Milled 53°, Spin Milled 59°Putter Studio Select Newport 2Goals for '10:1. Get down to scratch or better

I have the Bag Boy OXO Stand bag with grip-lok top, so every club has its own slot and once I pick the arrangement, it stays that way, pretty much forever. Three middle holes are in a triangle - driver at the top, 3-wood and 3H in the other two. Bottom-most hole is larger for a putter grip, so that goes there. My three wedges are to the right of the putter: 60, 52, 56. Then, I go to the left of the putter and go round the circle, from PW --> 4I.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

(Response to original question)

I put the clubs in the same spot every time after I hit a shot. My bag has three sections. The woods and putter are on top. 3-8 irons split in the middle, and 9-sw on the bottom section.

I've tried a lot of different configurations but this is what works best.

I've got a Callaway/Izzo bag, and there's a large slot on the top center, plus six additional slots.

It goes like:

Top center: Driver + 3W
Top Left: 3H 4I
Top Right: 5I 6I
Center Left: 7I 8I
Center Right: 9I 10I
Bottom Left: Putter
Bottom Right: PW SW LW
In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

I used to put a club in that clubs same spot every time, but then I got an Ogio Vaporlite bag, so now I just group them similarly.

Cleveland Hibore XL
Mizuno F60 3 wood
3-PW MP 68
52 & 56 Vokey
Odyssey White Steel 2 Ball

I desparately need a new bag...but making do with my worn out one for now.

I've always grouped the woods together.

3,4 & 5 irons together

6,7,8 & 9 irons together

PW, SW, LW & putter together
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

My bag has 14 slots and each club has a permanent home in a slot.

When looking at the bag in stand mode...

Driver
3w, 4i, 5i, 6i
7i, 8i, 9i, PW
GW, , 56*, 60*
Putter

In the Ogio stand bag

909 D2 w/ VooDoo S
15.5* 906F4 w/ Aldila VS Proto 80S
3DX DC 3 HybridFP 4-GW56* and 60* Vokey SM wedgeSophia putter

Longer clubs on top; shorter toward the bottom.
Even numbers on the left; odds on the right.

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

Here is how my bag is organized:

1: Lob wedge, sand wedge
2: Gap wedge, pitching wedge
3: 9 iron, 8 iron, 7 iron
4: 6 iron, 5 iron, 4 iron
5: 3 iron, 2 iron/3 wood (depending on which I'm carrying)
6: Driver, putter

underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

I chose C'

going by above chart of undrparnv

1: 7i, 8i
2: 9i, sw
3: Driver, Putter
4: 3w, 5w (if I carry the 5w)
5: 3i, 4i
6: 5i, 6i

I've got a 14 way divided bag which has 10 slots around the perimeter and 4 in the center. Irons and putter around the outside, with the 4i at the 10:00, going clockwise to the SW at 6:00. LW at 7:00 when I carry one, otherwise slot left open. Putter at 8:00. Woods in the center slots. Driver has the center top slot, 5w in the left, 7w in the right, bottom center left open.

The only thing I don't like about this is the same problem I've always had, that the shortest clubs get stuck under the longer ones, but the short ones get used more. There are probably bags that fix this for you. Maybe when my current bag dies I'll find one.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

I've got an Grom, and it's great. It's got the Wedge' top which has 8 holes, 4 small ones down the left side, a putter pocket at the top and 3 iron pockets along the right, with little ridges for the shafts to sit in.

In the 4 small ones, I put -- from top to bottom -- Driver, 3wood, hybrid, hybrid.

I only use the top and bottom iron pockets, the top has 5-PW and the bottom has the wedges.. this keeps them from overlapping and the shorter ones being hard to get.

I put my ball retriever in the 'middle' iron pocket, snug up against the woods and the putter in the putter pocket.

In my Grom:

HiBore XLS 10.5 / ProLaunch Blue
Ti Great Big Bertha Warbird 3 Wood
Killer Whale 5 WoodPinemeadow Command 3 Hy Eye 2 + 4-9 Irons 588 RTG 49 "Special", Gunmetal 56, RTG 60 White Hot #5 Tour B330-RXEpoch Tees Royal Oaks Golf Club

I have a BagBoy NXO Revolver with full-length individual dividers with the Grip-Lok system, so every club has its own home. I never, EVER change the order. OK--maybe when I remove the clubs for cleaning, but even then they go back in the same order. I walk with a push cart, so the setup is excellent for speeding up pace of play. -LBB

Bag: Bagboy NXO Revolver
Driver: Dymo STR8-FIT Tour 9.5
3w: Nike T405w: Nike T40Irons: Mizuno MP-33 3-PWSW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 56/10LW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 60/06Ball: Nike TA2/SPN

Judging by all the other posts you guys would not even want to look at my bag. Its is truly a free for all it looks something like a soccer riot going on in my bag. And since the dividers dont go all the way down pulling them out is interesting as well.

In The Bag:
Driver: Big Bertha 460
3 & 5 Wood: F50.
Irons: 855S Silver Scot 3-SW.
Wedge: S2H2 60*Putter Anser 2i

Note: This thread is 1094 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!