IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Was on a par 4 and having some trouble,  my second shot was way to the right and just missed going into the woods by about 10 yards.  Screwed up my 3rd shot by coming up well short from about 40 yards out due to a tree branch that was in my way.

Was about 10-15 yards from the flag stick and chipped it in with my 52* to save par.

I darn near back-door'd a 56deg wedge from 105yds today.  The ball landed directly behind the pin, took one hop and spun back right over the hole.  it came to rest about 3 inches directly in front of the cup....not sure how it missed the cup on the return trip......

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

My best shot of the week was on the 18th hole of one of my favorite courses. However, this hole is my enemy, brings out my anger, and pisses me off most of the time.  It is 430 from the tips, huge dogleg left over water, a 260 carry to the 150 stick.  The tees were placed to have trees in the line of the shot id normally take, which is 15 yards left of that 150 stick.  This never ends up working for me, and I end up with double every time i play the hole.  Today, with trees in the way, I hit a beautiful, high draw, though I thought it went in the water at first, it ended up in the fairway 110 out. Ended up bogeying anyhow, but that drive was the best shot of the week for me.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Was in rough off the fairway on a cheap course filled with rocks, goose poop and weeds. On a 422 yard par four, I pulled my 3 wood off the tee, leaving myself with about 150 to the pin. I came up to the shot with a 7 iron, and on my practice swing gave it a major ding due to a rock that I couldnt see. Put it up in my stance and lashed at it, and it landed just short of the green and released to settle to 8 feet. Felt unstoppable.

Driver 10.5 G10 Aldila NV Fairway:  15* Speedline Fast 10 Matrix Ozik

Hybrids 909H 19*,  SQ Machspeed 24*

Irons:  MP-53 5-PW PX5.5

Wedges Tw9 50.08  Rac Black 56.12,  Vokey 60.04

Putter Scotty Cameron Newport 2  Ball: One Tour

Last weekend, a tough 190 yard par 3 with water left and forest to the right as well as long. Intimidating shot - been in the various hazards many times - but this time I pured my 23 degree hybrid and it rolls to a couple feet. First time I ever birdied that hole!

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

I was playing my home course early this week. Par 3, 226 yards, and an absolute monster. Hit a beautiful cut 3 wood to 25 feet. Smacked the birdie putt right in the back of the cup. Haven't birdied that hole for a LONG time. Made two more in a row after that. Sure helps when your putter gets going.

• Administrator

500 yard uphill par five. I was just off the inside (right) corner of the fairway off the tee, had 155 in to the hole. Hit an 8I to 30 feet below the hole (forgot the fact that it was uphill). Drained the putt with perfect read/speed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Today I played in my league.  Par 5 515 yards.  Hit my drive hard but pushed it out to the right.  I was about 220 yards to the pin,  to the right of the tree line.  I hit a 4 iron with a nice high draw, kind of over and around the trees. (I am able to hit my long irons pretty high if I need to) Stuck it about 15 feet.  Made the putt for eagle.  Probably the best shot I have hit all year.

Dogleg Par 4, hit 3 wood cutting off the corner with 125 left in.  Pitching wedge 4 inches in back of the stick and in the hole for an eagle 2!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Went out last sat with my wife (for her first round of golf ever). Hole6: Fairly tight 420Yd Par 4, tree lined both sides. Hit a 280 yarder down the middle(according to the GPS), couldnt have walked out and dropped it by hand any better.  Then take the 8I to a small sloped green about 20 yds downhill. Stuck the green and was about 10ft to the hole on the downhill side of the green, putted it out for birdie.

I'm not sure whats going on my driving has been incredible in the last 2 rounds I'm hitting 60% FIR and averaging around 260 Carry. Its weird, I aim the shot on the tee and it actually goes there instead of slicing into the woods.  I dont have to aim 30 yds left or anything. lol  Of course everything else in the bag promptly goes to hell, but hey that's golf.

slight dog left right 266 par 4 i hit a gentle fade drive 220yds and then 2nd shot is my shott of my life so far 56* wedge hit it clean and strait ball lands on edge of green and begins to roll and carry on rolling until it stops 3" from the cup! a tap in for birdie my first ever when it could of been my first eagle it was that close lol!!

Saturday I was plying with a couple friends, and we started off cold... no driving range at this place, so we agreed that we all get three free shots, just to warm up, then we'd make our strokes. The first hole is a 500 some yard par 5, with water about 270 yards out, then a pretty steep uphill climb to a good level green. My buddy goes up for his "real" shot, and drills it into the woods to the right. My other friend walks up and hits a worm burner that get's caught up on the grass and stops at maybe 70 yards. Both were using drivers. I walk up with my 6i, and hit about 170 to about 100 away from the water. I hit again with a PW hoping to get near the water without going over (confidence wasn't very high yet lol), and I got right on the edge. I let them catch up, then I shot again, got all the way up the hill, a couple yards from the green. Hit my SW and lobbed it to within two feet of the hole. And my shot of the week is that putt for par.

You can look at my handicap and know I don't get many par's, and to get it on a hole that, so far, has been no less than a double bogey for me, was awesome. Nothing as spectacular as the other stories here, but I was pretty happy. Hit par again later in the day on a par 3.

I coulda sworn I left the cart right here......

345yard par 4, 90 degree dog leg left

either 210 to dogleg, or about 240 to cut the corner

took 3i hybrid off the tee, knowing the fairway slopes steeply to the pin i cut the corner, just clipping top branch of the tree but rolling right down to 3feet,

worst was 2 putting.......................................................

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

154yd Par 3, third hole. I pulled my 7 iron, nice gentle swing and put my tee shot about ten inches from the cup! Putted in for a nice birdie that was easily my best hole of the day (and week, maybe month!).

:)

16th hole.

Big dogleg left. I hit a huge draw off the tee ( which looked perfect ) but overcooked it and landed in a bunker on the left hand side of the fairway behind the tree in this photo with a terrible lie

http://www.carnmoney.com/Golf/Carnmoney-Golf-Club/16.aspx

Aimed 5 yards left of the tree and hit a perfect cut out of the sand with my PW onto the green.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

340 yard uphill par-4, tight fairway.  Tried to hit a little draw, not my stock shot, but instead hit a really bad hook off the tee that hit a tree and bounced backwards leaving 220 to the pin.  Hit a utility club to 4 feet with a baby draw while everyone was laughing at me.  That was the best shot of the week.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

My best shot of the week was a legit 274 yard drive, measured both by GPS and a playing partners laser.  I struggle with distance off the tee a bit, usually only going about 225 or so, but I hit the thing pretty straight.  I took a nice, smooth swing, wasn't really thinking about anything, but there was a much louder noise than usual and the ball just shot off the driver face, drawing slightly to put me way down the fairway.  It felt amazing and barely cleared some bunkers that are usually totally out of play for me off the tee.  I hit the next onto the green and 2 putted for a very rare par at a very long par 4 on my home course.  This was part of my best round ever, an 85. Parring that hole is usually next to impossible for me due to distance (I'm usually 50 yards further out).

I wish I could figure out what I did on that drive and do it again.  It felt perfect.  Since that drive, my next best was 239.

Edit: It was carry + roll 274, had a downslope, and was much more of a line drive than my usual tee shots.  Thinking about ditching the pro launch blue for a lower-launching shaft after watching that drive with that angle.  I probably got 20 yards of roll.