IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Today I played at Tedesco Country Club where I caddy and i had about 210 left on a long par 4, it was downhill with a little breeze. I hit my 5 iron to 5 feet. Lipped out the bird tho .

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Played a quick 9 this afternoon. Shot 41 (good for me). The 9th is a par 5. My 3rd shot ended up about 10 ft. off the fringe. Hit my lob wedge. The ball bounced twice on the green and hopped into the cup for a birdie. Looked just like that shot Tiger hit Sat. afternoon at the open. To make it even nicer, the greenskeeper was mowing the green at the time. He had stepped aside to let me play and saw the whole thing. I looked up at him and he had a big grin on his face and gave me a thumbs up. What a great way to end the day.

In the Bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher Ultralight XL 270

FW: Taylor Made 300 17 degree 
3-PW: Mizuno MX-23

AW: Mizuno TP-T11 52/07 (Bent to 50)
SW: Mizuno TP-T11 56/10

LW: Mizuno TP-T11 60/05

Putter: Original Ping Zing

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour

I'm in a sand bunker just off the green. It's a British Open-like lie, and I'm just on the upward lip and there's a solid 8-10 inches of grass above the sand like it was just cut (Picture a 3 foot wall, with a buried ball inthe sand, just 3 or 4 inches in front of the ball). I had struggled mightily in the sand all day, and it didn't look like it was physically possible to get the ball that high right after impact, so I was thinking about hitting opposite the green into the rough and throw away a stroke. I thought, Screw it. So, I swing this sand wedge almost perpendicular with my feet to get max height off of it (I actually nicked my front foot with the heel). It gets up over the ridge, and spins to the right and stops 2 feet from the hole.

Easily the best save of my career.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

My drive barely touches the topmost branch of a pine tree and falls straight down. I have about 180 left to the hole, uphill, with another large pine between me and the green. There is room under the first tree to take a full swing, but there is a branch hanging down to about 4' from the ground directly in front of me. With a 5 iron, I place the ball way back in my stance, and play as hard of a punch shot as I can. My ball screams out from underneath the branch, climbs, curves in a slow fade that I didn't even intend to make - left to right around the second tree in my way - lands, and rolls out on the fairway 20 yards from the green. I go on to waste it completely by blading the ball over the green, pitching back on, and two-putting for double bogey. But that one shot was awesome.

At my brother's course (*that he lives on):

The 18th green is on the top of a huge valley, about 50' deep & 200 yards wide, I drove my ball up to 100 yards from the edge, and I hit a 5 iron hoping to make it across, but it clipped a tree branch, and fell all the way to the lowest point, leaving me 120 from the pin, and waaaaay uphill. I hit my 9 iron perfect, planting the ball about 20' from the hole (which for me is amazing, and I couldn't even see the flag)

A nasty break, and grinning like a fool, I managed to 3 putt, but I felt great about that approach shot.

In my Sasquatch Tour Bag:

Driver - G10 10.5°: UST Pro Vorce V2 Shaft, Regular flex
Hybrid - G10 21° & 24°: TFC 129H, Stiff flex
Irons - S57 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW - Nippon 950GH stiff shaftsWedges - Tour 52°, 60° 56°Putter - 34" TracyBall - Treosoft

Squeezed in a round in by myself in the early morning. Great round until #8, a leg left, par 4. Nice drive with 90 left. S**** my iron for a lovely 20yds into the rough, crap. Pissed, I drop another ball and chip onto the green about 8' from the pin. That figures, so I go to my errant ball in the rough, which I know I have to play, and chip in for a birdie.

I'm sure there's a rule infraction there but it was just a quick round for myself and I did play my original ball :). An 87 at the end.

Cya

Safest club in a lightning storm is a one iron, because not even God can hit a one iron-Lee Trevino

Ping G5
Hogan Magnums
60* LWAncient Ping Zing, solid brass with over-sized grip (sweet)Any new white ball

During our gross match play I hit a knock-down 6 iron from 170 to about 5 feet and drained the birdie to put the match at dormie. Purely struck, and had that beautiful, piercing draw ballflight.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

par 5 15th (again). Hit my 3 wood from 250 out (don't ask). Had 60 remaining...downhill lie and behind a tree. Placed the ball a foot and a half from the pin.

Round highlights:

*drove it over the green on a par 4 (not that impressive at 269 on the card), wound up in a bird's nest lie hitting into an upslope and then severe downward sloping green that ends in a pond (Think 16th at Augusta). Mind you, this is all on a completely rock-hard green in the middle of a Texas heatwave. I splashed it out, caught the upslope, and it trickled over and down, down, down to end up 2 feet from the cup for a bird.

*drove it 20 yards left of the green on another par 4 (this one at 324). I either had to chip it between two trees and a trash can, or chip it out to the right for a 40-footer and at best a par. Lame, I thought, as I proceeded to duff my chip and end up beneath the trash can. I then duffed the second shot, followed by sculling another one to the back of the green 25 feet from the pin. I could tell the wheels were coming off of my short and mental games, so I acted quickly and drained the 25 footer for bogey. I played it smart on the next hole...

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

14th Hole, something like 357...

Hit a smooth, 75% drive to 110 and hit a full 54˚ to a tucked back pin over a bunker. Landed about 2ft away and made the putt.

And then saved par on 17 by punching out through some trees under a branch with only a 1ft to spare and then chipping in for par.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

I pushed my tee shot into some nasty long stuff on the 9th last night. I got lucky to even find the ball. My round was already pretty bad so I thought why not try and hit it out. I had 115 to the green. Initially I was going to hit a GW and go out sideways, but decided to go with the PW instead. I actually had a better angle at the ball if I tried to advance it vs. playing out to the fairway. I opened the face a little and took a big rip at it. It came out solid and ended about 5 yards short of the green. The pin was in the back of the green on the edge of shelf. Anything short would end up back at my feet. I hit a pitch that stopped about 3' from the hole and saved par.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

#2 Par4 447yds straight......my 2nd shot was still 202yds away, pulled out my 3i in hope to run it up the bottle neck and onto the green, but I hit it solid and carried it all the way onto the left side green roughly 15ft away from the cup.

still took Par

Hole 17.
In a fairway bunker, 4 feet from the lip.
175 yards, 4 iron.
To an elevated green, almost completely surrounded by water, with almost-vertical drop offs.
i was not trying to go for the green, i was trying to go 20 feet right of it. i pulled it, yet still pured it. 5 feet dead under the hole.
That's what you call a mis-hit

In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

I'm still pretty bad, but lately my driver has started to come around. Number 8 on a little 9 hole course is a 260 yard par 4 right along the river. My game was particularly off, but when we played the hole for beers my friend Hugh said, "Just watch, Scott always comes alive when there are drinks on the line." He was right. First guy hooks into the river. Second and third guy slice into the trees. Me, straight as an arrow. When we finally got up near the green I started looking for my ball about 75 yards out...where was it? I was worried it caromed over the riverbank to the left. No sight of it--until one of the guys said, "There's a ball right next to the green." Sure enough, almost drove the green (for me, an accomplishment!) I was chipping for eagle. Which I missed. Then missed the birdie putt. %#^$%^@#$

Chip in from 35 yards!
Eventually parring the hole after some unlucky lies and waiting about 10 very long minutes for the flight in front of us to leave the green

Last week:
Nearly a 50 yard pitch in from the deep rough on our 460 yards longest par 4. The ball kissed the hole...

In the bag:

Driver: R7 460 10.5*
Hybrid: Heavenwood H3 20*
Irons: AP2 3-PWWedge #1: CG12 52*Wedge #2: CG12 58*Putter: 2-ball

Absolutely crushed a drive 311yds on a par 5 today. Great trajectory and a little right to left. Left me a 3 iron in.

Driver: FT5 Tour 9.5*
3 Wood: FT Tour 15*
Irons: X-Tour 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*, 56*, 60*
Putter: Custom Shop Studio Stainless Newport 2

9th hole, par 4, 395yds
played shitty all day made 2 pars
anyways me and my brother always call the last hole "the big cheese"
so on this last hole hes got me by one stroke....... i hit a bad shot skulled it....
end a long bad hole short me and my brother are on the green both putting for bogey i have a 25-30ft putt hes got about a 6 footer.........so im on the hill, i lined up and got ready and all i told myself was if you make this you can tie...
i hit it and it rolled right to left and kept going and then i heard the greatest sound ever that ball dropping into the cup..... i pointed my putter in the air and waved at my imaginary audience my brother said i can 2 putt this and still tie...... i said them do it he got all pressured and hit it hard left for another 6 footer.......then proceeds to miss the 2nd chance and missed the 3rd and gave up i felt like a tiger clutch putt it was NICE

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6