IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Driving the ball really well this weekend

Best drive on the 18th - 406 yard par 4

Split the fairway in two and was left with a easy 9-iron in from 120 yards (was downwind).

Birdie putt finished 1 inch short and was right on-line.

Finished with an 84 (that included a 7 on a Par 3 - Doh! Must take my punishment and not try to be Phil M all the time)

Matt

Best Shot of My Life:

After a bad drive and second shot I had about 130 yds left on a par 4. I was sitting on the right side of the fairway, off in the right rough, inbetween about 3 or 4 trees. I didn't have a direct shot at the green because of the trees, I hit a low cut shot (1/2 swing 7iron), under and around the trees, the ball came out low, cut towards the whole and landed two feet right of the pin, checked immediatly and started to spin right due to the cut spin i put on it. Rolled to a tap in, best par of my life.

In my Titleist Premium Stand Bag

909D3 8.5 VS Proto 70 X
909 f2 13.5 V2 75 x
G10 15 Degree Grafalloy Red X MP-32 3-pw X100 Vokey Spin 52, 56 SS Newport 2 Pro V1

My best shot this week was after i sliced my drive over a big line of trees and had to play back over about 150 yards to the green. I Hit my 8 iron over the trees it rolled up on to the front of the green and i saved par on what is normally one of the easier holes.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Par 5 uphill 4th hole at Sharp Park, Pacifica 454 yards good drive with only 200 yards uphill and hit a 3 wood on the green below the hole uphill left to right 15 foot putt and sank the putt for an eagle.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Was out practicing Monday night...just hitting shots from all over the place.
I came up to the Dogleg Right Par 5 5th hole. Hit a solid tee shot down the middle/left of the fairway at the corner and decided then to just play the hole true (not hit extra shots...was getting close to dark). With 209 left I hit my 17° hybrid. Absolutely nutted it....as it flew to the green, it looked as though the ball flight had a slight fade on it right toward the center of the green. Lost the ball in the tree shadows (had shades on as I was still in the sun). When I got to the green....I had a 6 footer for eagle. Bird .

had a so so round today... nothing to write home about... till i got to #12 par4 396...
i dont have a gps and there's a slight dogleg right... but i gotta hold of that baby off the tee... all day my drives were about 190-220 range when i kept them on the fairways... but this one left me with a approach/gap wedge about 100 out... easiest gir all day...
that drive had to be in the 280-290 range... it was in the air for the longest... left a ballmark right in the center of the driver face... too bad i didnt have any idea what i did right and i couldnt duplicate it
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

HOLE 16, PAR 4, 340
hit a hooking drive into right rough, took a great 8 iron online but went thru the back. it was on an uphill lie and i had practiced some off these recently so i got my 60* out, and opened the face for a sky high flop shot (lie was perfect for it)
. took my eye off the ball and thinned it badly so i though it was going straight back over the green again but i was stopped by the flag stick and stopped for a tap in for par. LOL.
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

3rd hole....short par 4, 320 yds. hit a low screaming drive [not on purpose] and rolled it up to about 60 yds shy of the green....put a SW to 4 ft and made the birdie

My best shot this week was at the driving range actually. I've been working on improving my iron game, and I warmed up using Ben's Left Hand Only Drill recommendation. I hit one seven iron shot off the grass 170 yards. I only did it once, but being that I finally hit the ball a long ways- even if it was just one time- really helped my confidence and tells me the development towards my new and better swing is working. This forum rules!

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

155 yard par 3, uphill, pin tucked back left. Faded a 6-iron to within two feet, tapped in for birdie.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Short dogleg right par 4. Hit a somewhat decent 3wood off the tee and had about 150-155 to the hole. It a beautiful 6 iron to about 3 feet and tapped in for the birdie.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

For me, it was 115 yards to within 1-foot. But a better story was from my friend a while back. He's probably around 20 handicap or so. He said he was playing a 90 degree dogleft left par-4 with some guys. They hit one to roughly the middle of the dogleg, 170 yards out with irons. He pulled out his driver and tried to fly it over the dogleg but instead hit this mega-low slice that flew into the trees to the right, bounced around a couple of times, and flew straight out into the middle of the fairway past all of his playing partners shots. When he got up to his ball, he found 50 cents next to it. That's what I call a MONEY shot

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Drove my first green, on a par 4, ever yesterday ... The signage said 315 from the back tees and the hole goes up over a crest of a hill, and the green is in the valley ... I hit my tee shot (and I knew I had hit it pretty well) and walked up over the crest to look for my ball, couldn't find it, couldn't find it (was getting pissed, cause I knew it had gone straight) and then the foursome on the green started waving and pointing ... and there was my little white sphere right there on the front edge of the green ... 3-putted from like 70 feet though ... *grrrr*
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

I hit my tee shot and then realized I'd let the guys behind me play through. I hit a 210 yard drive (I'm 14, 5'2 95 lbs.) The two guys I let play through swaggered over to the tee box and both pulled out their drivers. Both guys were prolly 190 lbs. and mildly athletic. They hit their shots and thanked me for letting them play through, so I then followed them down the fairway where they saw my ball and kept saying good shot, but I was a distance behind them and had no idea. Turns out I drove the ball 40 yds further than them. At that moment I felt awesome and ending up with par (Missed my birdie putt by 2 inches). Both guys were pretty amazed and It really gave me hope I could become decent at the game haha.

In my Bag:
SasQuatch Sq Sumo 4950 Driver Lucky 13* UST V2
3DX RC Ironwood 20* Hybrid
Genex 3DX DC Utility 17* Hybrid
Grand Hawk True Temper 4-PW 56* MP T-Series Ni Classic Monte Carlo 7 Putter 34"

This week my best shot was just a simple lob wedge but got it to spin and stop on the green which is a first for me.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Shorter par4. Alright drive to ~170 yards to the pin. Fat 6i to about 60 yards. 3/4 56* strait into the cup for birdie (didn't hit green, no bounce, nothing).

Titleist 907 ; D1
Titleist 695cb ; 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled ; 56*
Scotty Cameron ; Red-X
Titleist Ball ; Pro V1Age ; 16