IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

570yrd Par5....Hit a decent drive, little short from usual at 282, then hit my three wood as hard as i could at 288yrds away on the green, pin placed at back of the green. Left with a 21ft putt for eagle and drained it :)

I was having a poor round earlier this week while doing a playing lesson for a friend (I'm not a professional, but he buys my round and beer and I give him lessons).

Anyway, I was 5 over par after 6 holes, and trying to avoid thinking about how poor that was, when I pounded a Drive on the 420-yard 7th, leaving about 105 yards to the pin. That's a *perfect* distance for my 56-degree wedege and I'd just finished about 2 hours of practice on the practice facility from 90-120 yds.

Hit it absolutely perfect. One of those shots, about halfway to the hole, I was saying "be the distance!" I knew that it would be close. It landed about 3 feet past the pin and the greens were on the hard side- I expected it to release, but still leave me 8-10 feet for birdie.

Instead, it was the perfect "pull the string" and it sucked back right into the hole.

Sick.

I've never backed a shot up into the hole.

Shot of the year.

Driver: 905S 8* - Graffaloy Blue 65S Shaft (tipped 1" Short)
Fairway: 960F (15*, 19*)
Irons: T-Zoid Pro 4-PW w/ True Temper Steel
Wedges: MP-R Black 52*, 56*
Lob: 60* CG-10 (nice and rusty)Putter: OZ Putter (with oversized Winn Blue Grip)Ball:: One Tour

The highlight of the day yesterday was probably on 18. I hit a big pull with my driver off the tee (Over compensation for the pushes I had been hitting) and ended up in the trees to the left. I had about 150 uphill to the flag and had one small opening through the trees that I get to. I hit the 7i with great contact and it went right through the opening. I felt that I was going to be right around the green and I could get up and down for par. I get up there and my ball is about 8-10 ft for birdie! I missed the putt but made a great par from where I was.

My buddy had already put his clubs up as he was playing VERY bad. He said that it was worth sticking around just to see that shot. It doesn't sound like much but if you could have seen where I was then you would understand.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

way too many great shots for a terrible scoring round...
drove 290 straight as an arrow left me a wedge to the green...
lots of really long putts for par...
but the shot that takes the cake...
long par 5 with water all along the right side... brother reaches the green in 2 ends up 3 putting for par... im taking my approach shot from about 77 out and hole that baby for an eagle... lol... guess that just flustered him
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I was having a poor round earlier this week while doing a playing lesson for a friend (I'm not a professional, but he buys my round and beer and I give him lessons).

Well, I'm not quite sure this one is better, but it would ALSO be shot-of-the-week in most any other week I've had. I was playing today and found myself behind a tree about 165 out to a pin just in front of a ridge on the far left of a green. I figured if I could get a big hook on it, I could get it to skirt the ridge and the ridge would bring it all the way to the left back corner where the pin was hiding. I hit it perfect, big hook, landed on the right front of the green and followed the ridge, pushing back to the far corner and then dissapeared into the hole. That's two hole-outs from the fairway in 3 rounds of golf. I shot 70 (-1), for a two day 36 hole total of 135 (-7). Golf rocks!

Driver: 905S 8* - Graffaloy Blue 65S Shaft (tipped 1" Short)
Fairway: 960F (15*, 19*)
Irons: T-Zoid Pro 4-PW w/ True Temper Steel
Wedges: MP-R Black 52*, 56*
Lob: 60* CG-10 (nice and rusty)Putter: OZ Putter (with oversized Winn Blue Grip)Ball:: One Tour

18th tied with dad after my double bogey to his birdie on 17 289 par 4 yea short course wind behind me put my 3 wood on the front right off the tee he hookes his into a tree i ended up winning by 2

The weeks not over yet but I don't think I'll top this. On the 12th Hole today I had 230 to the green with the wind blowing right in my face. Put a smooth swing on a 3 wood and left it 18 inches from the cup!

In my Ogio Carry Bag,

Driver Titleist 905S 9.5*
3 Wood Titleist 906F2 15*
Hybrid Nickent 3DX DC 17* Irons Titleist 704.cb 3,5-PW Wedges Adams Tom Watson PVD 52*, 56*, 60*Putter Cleveland Classic 1Ball Nike One Tour, Callaway Tour i

tee shot landed behind a tree about 150 from the green. normally, i'd take my 9 but i needed to cut it under some branches and onto the green, so i took my 8 out. wham, about 10 feet from the pin off a horrible lie. then i two putted for par.

16th hole of the day is a 310 yard par four that is a dog leg left with plenty of open space. I tried to cut the corner and ended up right behind a 20 foot tall tree. I whipped out the trusty gap wedge and stuck it 6" from the hole, dropped the putt for a bird.

During a week of tired blocked push/fade drives... my best shot is one of the few draws I was able to pull off. 315 yard uphill par 4, slight dogleg left, I took out the driver, flew it to just short of the green and since the course was so soft it nestled up into the middle of the green, just 15 feet past the pin (must have rolled right by the hole).

I left a downhill left to right slider about 6 inches short for my eagle, but it's hard to argue with a 2 putt for birdie.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

Wait! I think I need to change my shot of the week, almost forgot about this one.

Monday I played in an outing and found the right fairway bunker on the long dogleg right par 5 18th hole. I had a pretty high lip I had to clear, trees blocking my direct route, and proceed to pull off one of the best intentional slices I have ever hit. Choked down on the 19* hybrid from 220 yards, caught it perfect and hit a huge banana that started about 70 yards left of the green and started tracking right at the pin. Hit just short of the green and trickled onto the front edge, leaving about a 15 footer up the hill for my eagle.

And don't you know it? Darn putter gets caught in my skirt again and I leave it short. Oh well. Still left a good taste in my mouth for the day.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

330 yard par 4 drove it on to the fairway from where i hit a strong pitching wedge which was right at the pin it started to roll right towards the cup but stopped just short nearly my first eagle but i was happy with the tap in birdie.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Hole 6, Par 3:

Hit my tee shot just shy of the green. Left it about 30 ft to the pin. Grab a wedge to get up and down. I end up with a miss hit, it goes thin, but ends up going right INTO the cup, no bounces.

My partner about died.

Walking away in disbelief, I realized a grabbed my 52 and not my 60!

In the :
Big Bertha 460cc 10°
SZ 3W & 5W
MX-23 Forged 3-PW
RAC 52°, 56° & 60° Fat Lady Swings AD333

Short Par 3 about 140yds downhill

-ball landed about 5ft behind the pin and 1ft to the left

-ball spun back and stopped 3ft in front of the pin 1ft to the right

i tried to picture the path the ball took and it looked as if 3 inches over and it would have been in.

hopefully one day i will get one to drop

R5 9.5 Driver
Warbird 3 wood custom shaft
G10 21° hybrid
R540 irons 4 - PW
Rac black satin 52° wedge 8° bounce Vokey Spin Milled 56° wedge 8° bounce G5i Mini C Putterdepending on my mood (and price range) these are the main balls i play with: Pro V1x E6+