IGNORED

Golf Channel in HD

makgolfn
Note: This thread is 5933 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have DirecTV and they show the Golf Channel and Versus in Hi-def on the same channel so sometimes its showing golf and other times (like tonight) its showing Bull Riding (Versus programming). The first 2 rounds were on the HD channel but not the 3rd and final rounds.

My question is for people who have Hi-def and service with someone other than DirecTV. Does your Hi-def package share the Golf Channel with Versus or do you have a dedicated channel for GC HD and were able to watch the final round in Hi-def?

Thanks

In the Bag:
Driver: R7 425
FW Woods: SQ
4-PW: MP-57
GW: 252-08SW: MP-T Black Ni 56-14LW: MP-T Black Ni 60-05Putter: White Hot #5 CSBall: Pro-V1

• Administrator
I believe they share everywhere it's available per an agreement with them. Something like Comcast owns Versus and the Golf Channel, or something, and they're not broadcasting enough in HD to warrant pushing the signal on each channel full-time.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here in Ohio with Time warner, Versus channel is shared with OLN not the golf channel...YAY :)
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I believe they share everywhere it's available per an agreement with them. Something like Comcast owns Versus and the Golf Channel, or something, and they're not broadcasting enough in HD to warrant pushing the signal on each channel full-time.

Same here...Comcast.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Seeing ESPN in HD and then moving over to golf (+3 channels sup so I do a lot of flipping in between ) I would love to see the Golf Channel in HD soon

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I have Verizon FiOS and don't get the Golf/VS HD channel yet. My neighbor has DirectTV and has that channel. From what he says and showed me on the guide, the golf coverage is mostly just the tournaments (not Big Break, Lessons with the Pros, Golf Central, etc.). And alot of the tournament broadcast is not in HD (camera shots from the field).

I have to say I am disappointed overall with the lack of HD broadcasts. Sure there are over a hundred HD channels available, but most of the broadcasts are not filmed in HD.

In my bag:

Driver: r7 460 9.5° Stiff
3 Wood: r7 Draw
5 Wood: r7 Draw Irons 4-AW: r7 CGB Wedge: rac Satin 54° Wedge: rac Satin 60° Putter: Daytona Sport 1 34" Ball: DT solo or NXT

Are you trying to anger me talking about HD programming :)

I have a smaller provider (Charter) outside Boston. GC and Versus are separate channels and neither come in HD here.

Even closer to Boston where Comcast is provider, I know they do not have GC in HD, unsure of Vs.

I have to go now, it's time for my daily scathing email/phone call to me cable company of their pathetic service.

Blog: http://emergencynine.com/

In my bag you'll find lots of left-handed clubs like these:
Driver: G10 9* TFC (stock) S
3 wood: G5 Aldila NV SIrons 4 thru P: MX-20 TTDG RWedges: MP T Series Chrome, Forged - 52/56/60Putter: CallieBall: B330Bag (carry): Tour Stand; (cart): 9" Staff Tour

I have DirecTV and wasn't aware that Golf Channel was in HD.. sweet, I'll have to check that out, except.. I can't get Versus where I live. I live in a condo building and we all share one big dish on the roof, and that limits what packages we're able to get. So, no Golf Channel HD for me.

Driver: SUMO 5000 8.5* w/ Aldila Proto-65 X 45.5"
3-wood: SQ w/ Diamana 83 X +1"
Hybrid: SuMo 2h w/ Project X +1"
Irons: MP-33 1-PW w/ TT X100 Sensicore +1"
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 54 + 60 +1"Putter: Red X 34"Me: 6'3" 220lbs. - 0-4 Handicap, depending on how much I work ;); NJCAA All-American,...

• 2 weeks later...
Desperately wishing for TGC in HD on Cox Cable in Hampton Roads. They keep teasing us with an HD channel here and there.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Note: This thread is 5933 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!