IGNORED

Aldila NV65 vs UST Pro Force V2

Note: This thread is 5918 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking for those who have compared these 2 shafts and what decision was reached.

Ping hoofer bag Ping G15 10.5* Driver, stock reg shaft Ping G15 3 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Ping G15 5 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Mizuno MP 69 3-PW irons, DG S300 shafts Mizuno MP R12 black nickel 52* and 56* gap and sand wedges, DG spinner W+ shafts Mizuno 20* FLiHi Clk hybrids, Project X 5.5 shaft 25 year old Bulls Eye putter, 33" or Ping Anser 2 Scottsdale 34" First round of golf was in 1963 at age 10. Best round -1. 2 Holes-In-One.

I only compared them while testing out some new drivers and the variations between them from the launch monitor testing wasn't enough to sway me either way. The end result however was purchasing a Mizuno MX-500 driver because it was on sale with the Aldila shaft. That was 5 months ago... and since then I haven't regretted the decision as the club with the shaft combo has given me about 20 extra yards off the tee. I was looking to reduce both launch angle and spin and I think I accomplished that with this club.

Also, I have the Aldila shaft in my 3 wood (Cleveland 15*) and a new Titleist hybrid that I just got this past xmas. My 3 wood launches lower as well and I'm expecting the hybrid to do the same.

I think from my research, the UST launches a little higher than the Aldila NV? It all depends on what you want. I notice you are using the Aldila in your driver? How do you like it?

What's In my bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R5 Dual 9.5* UST Proforce V2 77g S
3Wood: Mizuno F-60 13.5* Mizuno Exsar 75S
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 3/4 Aldila VS Proto 80SIrons: Adams Pro Forged (5-PW) True Temper Black Gold SWedges: Cleveland 588 (3) 50, 588 (DSG) 54 & 60Putter: Ping i-Series Craz-EBalls:.....

I only compared them while testing out some new drivers and the variations between them from the launch monitor testing wasn't enough to sway me either way. The end result however was purchasing a Mizuno MX-500 driver because it was on sale with the Aldila shaft. That was 5 months ago... and since then I haven't regretted the decision as the club with the shaft combo has given me about 20 extra yards off the tee. I was looking to reduce both launch angle and spin and I think I accomplished that with this club.

Do you have the Aldila NVS 65 or the NV65 stiff? The NV65 stiff is green and I believe the NVS is a higher launch shaft and is an orange color. The NV65 and the Pro Force V2 are mid trajectory shafts. The NV65 has 3.5 torque rating and the V2 (65g) shaft has a torque in the range of high 2's or maybe a 3.0.

I am just wondering which shaft is the easier of the 2 to hit. I have read where the V2 is winning the argument, but I have not discussed this with anyone who has experienced both shafts. I am fairly pleased with the NV65, but you know the saying. "the grass is greener on the other side of the hill." The 10.5* head gives me a good 12.5% launch angle at a swing speed of 104 mph. So, I have a good launch angle. I am just wanting to hear if the V2 gives a little more distance and a little tighter dispersment because of the torque.

Ping hoofer bag Ping G15 10.5* Driver, stock reg shaft Ping G15 3 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Ping G15 5 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Mizuno MP 69 3-PW irons, DG S300 shafts Mizuno MP R12 black nickel 52* and 56* gap and sand wedges, DG spinner W+ shafts Mizuno 20* FLiHi Clk hybrids, Project X 5.5 shaft 25 year old Bulls Eye putter, 33" or Ping Anser 2 Scottsdale 34" First round of golf was in 1963 at age 10. Best round -1. 2 Holes-In-One.

i play a v2 in my driver and 3 wood and there is nothing close out of all the shafts i tried. v2 is a great shaft easy to hit.

whats in my bag
r7 425 v2 x flex
ss 2.5 stiff
:KZG-forged evolution project x 6.5
cg12 52,56900 form forged 60 bettanardi co3 33.75"pro v1

I am looking for those who have compared these 2 shafts and what decision was reached.

i have played both shafts extensively. my 983k 9.5* had the aldila nv65s- the green shaft and my current driver 905r 9.5* has the 66 gram v2 s.

the nv plays very stiff, almost x stiff. more than one club fitter has said that most single digit players should not play that shaft. its to tough to hit consistently with slower swing speeds. it has a higher kick point so i struggled to hit the ball in the air. my launch angle was consistently 10-11 and i had a hard time feeling like my swing generated enough speed to really flex that shaft. and my driver speed is like 107-110. my misses were low power draws- hooks. when i hit it good and it was dry, i would hit my draw and i would get 30 yrds of top spin roll but many times out of the fw into the tall stuff. i never got a nice high ball flight though and that cost me big time. after 2 yrs of that shaft i finally said enough. i got fitted for my 905 and after looking at many shafts i settled on the v2 stiff and could not be happier. first, the 66 gram v2 is way better to get the ball up. its lighter weight, compared to the 77 gram v2 that comes with most stock drivers. the ligher weight works for me and i can really gernerate more speed. the v2 has a lower kick point as well and that gets the ball to jump at 13 * for me which is ideal for my swing speed. i can feel this shaft flex and i know the shaft is is giving me that extra snap that i need to get the ball airborn and carry it farther. its also very accurate. i hit way more fairways now since my ball flight is higher the ball does roll less and stops in the fw. bottom line, for me, the v2 is the best combination of flex, launch angle, accuray and weight for my swing. get fitted though, for sure. it makes a world of difference. 905 9.5* w/ v2 s 904 3wd 15* w/ speeder s tm 200 steel 5w 18* w/ prolite s 585h hyb 21* w/ 4175 s 585h hyb 24* w/ 4175 s miz mp30 5-pw w/ rifle 6.0 vokey 54* spinmill vokey 60* raw ping redwood anser 34" pro v X miz aerolite tour standbag

driver 905r 9.5* v2 s
5wd 909f2 18.5* diamana blue s
hyb 585h 21* 4175 s 585h 24* 4175 s
irons mx23 5-pw rifle 6.0
vokey wedges 52.8 bent to 50/ spn mill 54.10 bent to 55 spn mill/ 60.8 oil can putter redwood anser 34" 2* flat ball pro v1 X red aim line and a red dot over the e in titleist.home...

i played with them both and tried my current driver in the aldila but went with the ust i hit it further and i could really feel the club head idk it was weird but i hit it much more consistently plus the matte finish is cool haha

i have played both shafts extensively. my 983k 9.5* had the aldila nv65s- the green shaft and my current driver 905r 9.5* has the 66 gram v2 s.

Thanks for the comparison. I relate to the stiffness feeling. I generate at my best swing about 108 mph and only on my best swings do I get the ball on the mid/high trajectory I am looking for which with this shaft is about 25%. My weak hits are also low hooks and the shaft does not have much feel. I have a backup 9* G5 head with a NV65 that I am going to put the V2 in and compare it swing wise with my 10.5*G5 with the NV65. I know the launch angle will be a little off, but I am looking for feel and ease of use. At age 55 I don't want to have to be at my physical best late in the round to hit the NV65 if I can perform with more confidence with the V2. Great feedback. Thanks.

I had an Aldila NV65 shaft on my driver and changed it. It was too whippy and I felt as though I was losing control at the top.

The fitter that I went to see gave me various shafts to use. I did not like the UST Pro Force but UST makes a great shaft: The ACCRA SC series. I hit with the SC 75 and absolutely loved it. It was heavier, never felt as though I was losing control. I would recommend that you take a look at the ACCRA SC series. They make them as light as 55 grams and as heavy as 95 grams.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Do you have the Aldila NVS 65 or the NV65 stiff?

I have the green NV65 stiff. It sounds like you have a similar swing speed as I (105-110mph). I don't seem to have a problem with ball flight with my shaft/head combination. Perhaps the type of head also has a little impact on the ball flight as we are both using 10.5 degree lofts? My Mizuno MX-500 head is a composite blend of graphite and steel. Graphite toe insert as well as a full graphite crown which lowers the COG. Like I said, I'm 20-30 yards further down the fairway than with my previous driver (TM 580xd) so I am quite pleased with the shaft/head combo. What type of yardage are you averaging with your driver currently? I average between 280-290 with mine (~260 carry). If I put a little mustard into it, I can get passed the 300 yard mark. I would think with similar swing speeds we would be close?

What's In my bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R5 Dual 9.5* UST Proforce V2 77g S
3Wood: Mizuno F-60 13.5* Mizuno Exsar 75S
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 3/4 Aldila VS Proto 80SIrons: Adams Pro Forged (5-PW) True Temper Black Gold SWedges: Cleveland 588 (3) 50, 588 (DSG) 54 & 60Putter: Ping i-Series Craz-EBalls:.....

I have the green NV65 stiff. It sounds like you have a similar swing speed as I (105-110mph). I don't seem to have a problem with ball flight with my shaft/head combination. Perhaps the type of head also has a little impact on the ball flight as we are both using 10.5 degree lofts? My Mizuno MX-500 head is a composite blend of graphite and steel. Graphite toe insert as well as a full graphite crown which lowers the COG. Like I said, I'm 20-30 yards further down the fairway than with my previous driver (TM 580xd) so I am quite pleased with the shaft/head combo. What type of yardage are you averaging with your driver currently? I average between 280-290 with mine (~260 carry). If I put a little mustard into it, I can get passed the 300 yard mark. I would think with similar swing speeds we would be close?

Yes, that is about right. I played again today (54* in January) which is winter golf weather here in Arkansas and put several good swings back to back to back and for winter play was carrying about 250-260 with no roll out due to the wet ground with a slight draw and a good trajectory. I just wanted to see if the V2 felt any better. I am going to put the V2 in my G5 9* head as a back up driver and try it and leave the NV65 in the 10.5* G5 head. My launch angle with the NV65 and 10.5* head is 12.5-13*. So, I am where I need to be with my swing speed. Maybe just wanting to see if the grass is greener with the V2. Thanks for the feedback.

Note: This thread is 5918 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!