IGNORED

PGA Tour Partners Club

obsessedgolfer
Note: This thread is 1132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i got a letter in the mail telling me that i have been nominated to join the club is it a scam

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

I was a member for a year or two a few years back. It's not a scam. It's a legit club. But like most other clubs, they send you stuff to buy. If you join don't bank on getting a new Nike Driver to test. So many people join expecting to get a new driver or a set of Callaway clubs. It doesn't happen. Well it does to a few but not everyone gets a new driver or new set of clubs. When I was a member I got to test some $5 swing trainer thing that I didn't even know how to use. I also got a Brush-T just for reviewing a video. It was something they mailed me hoping I would buy it and the 100 other tapes in teh collection. I didn't though. I wasn't into golf that much when I was a member so I let me membership expire. I'm not sure the $18 or $24 was really worth it though. You could always do a trial membership and see if you like it though.

In my Pro-Walker stand bag:

Driver: Founders Club "The Judge" Graphite shaft (benched for bad play)
3-wood: 15* steel shaft
5 & 7-wood: Velocitized BBT Oversized Graphite Shaft Medium Flex 21* & 25*3-iron: Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge (benched for bad play)4-SW: Maker's Pride irons steel shaftsP...

LOL, I just got the same thing today. I was nominated because I take golf seriously. I don't think anyone nominated me, they would of said that I take it too seriously.

Oh, I put it in the round file.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I got that too and was thinking of joining.. but naaaa I won't

In my Essex Stand Bag:
3 Wood: F/Speed - Aldila S Graphite Shaft
Hybrid: Halo 3i 22° - R Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Glass Bead - Lob Wedge - 60°Putter: Tour Collection MX400 (LOVE IT!)Ball: HX-Tour 56 - Pro-V1XHome Courses: Stone Mountain Golf Course (73.5/134)

i got it too, does it cost anything?

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I was a member for a year or two a few years back. It's not a scam. It's a legit club. But like most other clubs, they send you stuff to buy. If you join don't bank on getting a new Nike Driver to test. So many people join expecting to get a new driver or a set of Callaway clubs. It doesn't happen. Well it does to a few but not everyone gets a new driver or new set of clubs. When I was a member I got to test some $5 swing trainer thing that I didn't even know how to use. I also got a Brush-T just for reviewing a video. It was something they mailed me hoping I would buy it and the 100 other tapes in teh collection. I didn't though. I wasn't into golf that much when I was a member so I let me membership expire. I'm not sure the $18 or $24 was really worth it though. You could always do a trial membership and see if you like it though.

That's about what I got to test. It was a weight on one end of a string and a stick (for lack of a better word) that you would turn to raise and lower the weight on the other end of the piece of string; this was to strengthen your wrists and fingers to "improve your golf".

I'd been a member for at least two years, maybe even three before I ever got anything to test and when I got the "weight-string-stick" I felt like I'd been had since this was IMO something that was only tenuously related to golf. I never even tested it, just threw it in the garbage since, at the time I regularly worked out with Cybex machines at a gym. But, I'm sure some people get really good things to test. The items tested and results are included in the magazine and IMO I got the worst thing they ever tested. I never even got a brush-tee. Just that lousy weight/string/stick.

• 3 months later...

Do I get to join the club of guys who got nominated?

Seems a bit scam-ish to me too so I decided to come here and see if anyone was talking about it.

It's ashame.. I was really considering it.

I know where they got my info.. My wife (of all people) misspelled my name when she ordered my gift membership to Golf Digest.

You guessed it... The "PGA tour partner" stuff came with that same misspelled name.

If it's only $12 a year, (like it says it is) I might do it anyway. Seems like a fair price for what you get out of it..

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

If it's only $12 a year, (like it says it is) I might do it anyway. Seems like a fair price for what you get out of it..

That depends on what you get out of it. I'd rather spend $12 on something I want. It felt scam-ish to me too.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I joined back in January (i dont remember the fee but it wasnt enough for me to worry about).

So far I have gotten 2 sets of balls to test (one 3 pack and one two pack). If you want to go through the hassle of saving receipts and mailing them in you can get $40/year back in greens rebates ($10 each quarter). I sent one in in April to see if it was legit and I got my $10 check a few weeks later.

Also you can get into one PGA event free each year and a magazine sent to you each month (which I will admit I dont have the time to read).

The biggest problem with the club is they send videos where you can either send it back postage paid or buy the video. They say if you send it back it wont happen again.

Overall I would say I will probably renew, but I wont sign up for a lifetime membership due to lifetime members having to call for the yearly benefits that yearly members seem to get when they renew.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I was in it for a bit, its kind of annoying on what they send you, they give you a bag tag, aand some stickers, its really not worth it.

I only did the trial.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• 4 months later...

I keep getting mail from the PGA Partners club stating if I RSVP now I can test free golf equipment. The club is $1 a month to join. Is this legit? Is anyone else here part of the "Club"? What are your experiences?

The reason I ask is because of the old saying...if it sounds too good to be true then it must be.

I have been a member for a few years.... even before I started golfing because I wanted the free equipment etc.

After I paid my membership I received the welcome package as stated... if I remember correctly there were alot of knick knacks (bag tag, window sticker, tour tickets, etc) and a travel bag.

I started receiving equipment to test about a month later... first item was the new Maxfli Noodle that was released. I think the second thing was a glove or spikes. I have never received anything more than smaller items... but some of them were very nice. I do know people that have received putters, hybrids, etc... but never a full set of irons or a driver.

I think it is a neat thing to have... if I remember correctly it was started by a former pga player.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

• 8 months later...
I have been a member for a year. I joined the lifetime version. Something like $19 a month or so for a year. They sent me one nice Nike bag with my name on it for being paid in full.

Its junk mail,i got it too a couple of years ago and am still getting it,ball markers,divot tools e.t.c,junk mail.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

• 3 years later...
  • Administrator
Originally Posted by Jay Lewis

I joined as a life member too, but now I cannot find their website.  The website I did find golfpartnersclub . com is NOT it.  Does anyone know the correct address?

http://www.partnersclubonline.com might perhaps be it, but the program may have also folded as that site doesn't load and this page is badly broken: http://www.pgatour.com/registration/?master_product=642&end;=%2Flogin .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 8 years later...

I am a Life member and I have been receiving the Golf magazine. I have moved about a month ago and now I don't receive it anymore. I really miss it. What do I do to start receiving the magazine again? 

14 minutes ago, Gary 36 said:

I am a Life member and I have been receiving the Golf magazine. I have moved about a month ago and now I don't receive it anymore. I really miss it. What do I do to start receiving the magazine again? 

Gary, welcome to The Sand Trap.  I can't help you with your question.  Note that the last entry in this thread is more than 8 years old, and even then a website couldn't be located.   I'm not sure that anyone here can really help.  Have you tried an internet search for the organization?

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Note: This thread is 1132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!