IGNORED

Super Stroke Putter Grip

Note: This thread is 4147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

its terrible... the idea is great but the execution of the product was just a terrible mess

the area where the shaft enters the grip has flaws so you end up having massive vibration and feel issues with your flat stick

I had ZERO response using this, lasted two rounds

waste of my 40 bills

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

There are a couple other choices out there for oversized/jumbo putter grips. The first one that comes to mind is the Tiger Shark. I did an ebay search for "jumbo putter grip" and turned out a couple more choices.

• 7 months later...

Anyone used one of these? What were your opionions of it?

They seem surprisingly light weight and come with a 5" shaft extender.

We've got a local store that rolls out tons of used putters. Wouldn't mind experiementing with a "natural" 33" (heavier) mallet that I use this grip to extend to 35".

Should give me a heavier feel in the putterhead.

Found some places on ebay that are good buys on the grip and the used putters can be had for a song. It may be a fun experiment. If it doen't work out....then my 9 year old will benefit and gain a 33" mallet putter.

I may piddle with this some after our brief golf trip next week is over.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

is your putting horrible right now? If its fine, they why mess around? You have 2 putters from your sig...if you are struggling, then try the other out...no need to go buy another with a different grip.

Yep...it is struggling.

I did, however, make some serious headway with chipping during a practice session today.
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Yep...it is struggling.

I just bought one on EBAY to try it out on one of my putters.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110371451804 This seller has them in blue and yellow as well... they were the cheapest from what I saw. I think they sell the classic version also. Good luck with it.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

I just bought one on EBAY to try it out on one of my putters.

Thank you!!!!! That's about the best price I've seen, too.

Please update on how you like it....installation ease.....results....etc. Thanks for the post.

Yep...it is struggling.

Dub, one observation I have is that you have a Scotty Newport putter but are looking at the SuperStroke huge grip. The Scotty's are a toe-balanced putter and fit an arcing stroke better, while the fat grips like the SuperStroke fit a straight back/straight through putting stroke better (as would a face-balanced putter). It sounds to me like you'd be better figuring out first which putting stroke fits you best, THEN determine the equipment combo that matches best.

• 1 year later...
Anyone use one of these that KJ Choi is using? I am just getting back into the game and notice I am pulling a lot of short putts say in the 5 - 10 foot range. Thought this might help me keep my hands quiet. Thanks for the input.

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
adams.gif Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degrees 
Adams CB2 - KBS Tour Shafts - 4 - PW
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

I don't use one of those but I recently put on a Tiger Shark oversized grip that is about the same size but is shaped just like a bigger standard putter grip. I really like it. It allows me the feel to be able to put my hands on the putter the EXACT same way every time.
"The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, 'A flute with no holes is not a flute. And a doughnut with no hole is a danish."

909 D3 Diamana Blueboard 63g
909 F2 3 Wood
MP-57's 4-pwIdea Pro 2 and 3 iron hybridsTour-W 52 deg wedge Tour-W 56 deg wedge2 Ball center shaft putterProV1

I tried one at the last golf show I went to, my take is that yes they take your hands out of the stroke so should stop you pushing/pulling short puts, but I did not like the feel of it.

I have not used one on a course though, but my mate has one and he said that with shorter puts the grip has helped keep the stoke straight but he is finding it hard to get the distance right with this grip on longer puts.

I know your a 3 and I am a 17 but a little tip (that my dad gave me, retird PGA Pro) that changed my putting on anything 5 feet and under, I stand with my right foot forward just behind the ball and left foot back and on the toe (as if walking) for me this takes the one side of my body out of the stroke and keeps my right arm tucked in stopping me pushing the put, I use this as a setup for all other puts as well then bring my left foot inline for a more natural putting stance, widening the stance depending on length of put but keeping my arms and body in the same shape as the one foot stance.

Give it a go

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

I've been using one since the Masters (where I was very impressed with KJ). So far I've found it very good.

It is quite a change from a normal grip (and a pain getting the club into and out of the bag...) however I'm pretty convinced it is helping my putting. I find I get a much better feel for the swing of the club head which has really helped my lag putting and on the short putts it seems easier to get a feel for a square face at impact. I'm certainly rolling them in much better.

(Read the instructions on fitting the grip- it is fitted via screws and a wrench - the final screws are meant to pierce the putter shaft, apparently to allow it to conform to R&A;/USGA guidance... I have to admit I haven't gone this far with fitting the grip!)

I'd definetly recommend trying the grip, but if you do be prepared for a few comments from your playing partners!

Driver - RAM FX V
3 Wood - Callaway Steelhead Hybrid - Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21 degree
Irons - Titleist DCI 4-PW
Wedges - Cleveland CG10, 52, 56, 60 degree
Putter - Rife Antigua

I use one and love it -- was previously having problems with getting too handsy on short putts. Note the original SuperStroke (which i have) is pretty heavy and messed up the feel of the putterhead at first, although i corrected that with lead tape.

[QUOTE](Read the instructions on fitting the grip- it is fitted via screws and a wrench - the final screws are meant to pierce the putter shaft, apparently to allow it to conform to R&A;/USGA guidance... I have to admit I haven't gone this far with fitting the grip!)/QUOTE]
As Neil noted, the instructions say the only way the grip is legal in competition is to install all the screws including 2 "cutting screws" and then add glue. (The grip installs via 3 pairs of small bolts with an Allen wrench; the cutting screws actually are designed to pierce the shaft). However, i've wondered if the instructions came out BEFORE the USGA's change of heart on adjustable clubs (like drivers with interchangeable shafts--ironically which i also play). According to those rules, essentially as long as the adjustable portion isn't changed mid-round, and also isn't easily changed my hand (i.e. requires a special tool or wrench -- which the Superstroke does), the club is legal.
MY interpretation therefore would be that a Superstroke installed tightly but without piercing the shaft or adding glue wold be perfectly legal--wonder if others have thoughts on this.

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

I myself have been interested in purchasing the Super Stroke (Lite version). I used it at the local golf shop with good results. Like Neil, I too felt that it was easier to square the face at impact and the larger grip did seem to take my hands out of it. Reading around on this and the other forums, I found that many people seem to complaining about the feel. I would agree that a little more feel on shorter putts would be nice; therefore, I may go with something a little smaller. If you do purchase, be sure to post your feedback!

In the Cleveland bag:
Cleveland Launcher Comp 460 9.5°, Aldila NV 65g S
Cleveland Launcher Steel Fairway 15°, Fujikura Gold 65g R
Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 20.5°, Fujikura Fit-On Gold 65g S
Mizuno MP-60 3-PW, Royal Precision Rifle 6.0 S ...

• 1 year later...

I have a Tiger Shark jumbo on my putter and love it.  I think they are a touch smaller than the Super Stroke grip.  Can't see myself using any other putter grip in the near future.  I have a blue one on mine, and one of my buddies has a red one on his Rife 2-bar putter.

TSG003.jpg

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 4147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!