IGNORED

Seattle Golf

Note: This thread is 3939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I might be going to Seattle for my spring break (March 9th-14th) and I was wondering what I should expect in terms of weather, and what are some courses that are worth playing, as it will be a pure golf trip. Also if possible I would like to be able to walk, because my mom and I prefer walking to riding, thanks for the help.

P.S. We might play Chambers Bay, and I know about it so please don't suggest it, thanks

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Depends on how far you want to drive and what your budget is. If you don't mind a little drive, the Olympic course at Gold Mountain in Bremerton is awesome. There's also Trophy Lake and McCormick Woods over on that side of the water, both nice courses.

An hour up I-90 is Suncadia Resort; they have a Arnold Palmer course that's tough, but well worth the trip. Bring your sand game.

Over in Bellevue is Newcastle GC, spendy but one of the nicest courses in the area.

Washington National, the Home Course, Trilogy, Harbor Pointe, Druid's Glen, TPC Snoqualmie Ridge - all great courses.

On the cheaper muni-ish end of things, Legion Memorial, Walter Hall, Willow's Run, West Seattle, Jefferson Park are all good loops. West Seattle is a classic, H. Chandler Egan design, one of the oldest courses in the area.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

If you want to play Chambers Bay you better call and get your name on the books. I would suggest Gold Mountain as the second place to play, it held the U.S. Public Links two or three years ago. The Home Course hasn't been running for a year yet, but is most likely in the best conditioned & best priced course year around and is owned by the WSGA/PNGA. Those are the three must plays. The rest are all good seconds; Washington Nation , Trophy Lake , Druid's Glen , and of course the over priced Newcastle although it is a good course.
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

i would recommend the okigolf package as well. you can get 6 rounds for $200. a few other solid options that are actually in Seattle are any of the premier courses (seattlegolf.com). West Seattle is my favorite of the lot but they are pretty well priced and not too busy

Driver:  S3 White Limited Edition 10.5* w/Aldila RIP Beta 65

3 Wood:  Burner 15*

Irons:  Forged Blades 3-9

Wedges:  SV 48, 52, 56, and 60

Putter:  Studio Newport

Ball: Pro V1

Bag: 

Looks like you got all the course information you need. As to the weather, well..... its the Pacific Northwest and its March. Plan on rain and wet conditions and be pleasantly surpirsed if you get neither. Many of the courses, if not all, allow walking.

Too bad you arent coming a few weeks earlier. Chambers' rates go up significantly in March. They are also running a special on Sunday's thru March 1, where juniors 17 and under play free with a paying adult. I took my son out for that one!

Well thanks all for the info, I will definitely check out okigolf.com and seattlegolf.com and coming from Alaska, just being able to play is great, even in some rain . Raygrinberg I can take advantage of the Chambers Bay junior, adult thing considering that I am 15...oh yea and............. DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Another great track is The Home Course down in Dupont (about an hour south of Seattle) it is a great new track and pretty affordable. I would highly recommend Gold Mountian (the Olympic course). All of the recommendations thus far are good ones.

What's in the bag?
Titleist D2 9.5 Stiff
Mizuno F60 3W
TaylorMade 3 Hybrid
Nike Pro Combo 3-PWTaylorMade TP 52 degreeTaylorMade TP 60degree

• 1 year later...
I have to disagree with you on Newcastle. It certainly has nice views and a great clubhouse...but that is it. The course has been in horrible shape for the last three years and for the money you are spending to play there, it is crap. I have played both The china creek and coal creek courses many times...not once has the course been in good shape.

Save your cash, play Druids Glen, Washington National, Trophy Lake, Gold Mountain, White Horse...all amazing courses and cost less.

I like the reply almost a year after the last post! Honestly, I do...actually used the search feature. Which is what I just did so I have to throw this out there - I am headed to Seattle Tuesday and want to play. You've all mentioned many courses but I'd like to ideally find a course no more than 20 or 30 minutes or so from Bellevue (where I'm staying). I've already played the Newcastle courses, so would be looking for your favorite Seattle course within 20-30 minutes from Bellevue. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Hoofer Vantage Bag Carrying:
DRIVER Fusion FT-3 Driver Proforce V2 65 Graphite Stiff
FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree
IRONS MX-25 Irons 3 thru PW Precision Rifle Shafts & Golf Pride GripsWEDGES CG10 56 & 60 Degree WedgesPUTTER 2-Ball SRT BALL ProV1xCLUB ...

I have enjoyed Mt Si, though it may be a bit wet yet.

Willows Run is nice, 2 courses. A bit too narrow for me, but both are nice courses. Trilogy is new(er) and very nice. Both of these are in Redmond, right next to Bellevue.

I also enjoy Sumner Meadows -- a bit farther out (south). It is a nice course with 18 different holes, lots of trouble around the greens. In the same general area is Auburn, High Cedars, Druids Glen and Elk Run. All are good solid courses. Riverbend has been a good course, but is currently under going changes -- no front nine until April 2009(?).

If you want to travel north, people enjoy Legion Memorial and Battle Creek.
Michael Krolewski

In the Bag Boy Revolver Pro on a Clicgear 2.0 cart:
Acer Mantara XL Driver 10.5
Acer Mantara S.S 3 Wood; 3DX DC 15* Hybrid (3w/1h); 3DX DC 17* Hybrid (4w/2h); Acer XP905 Ti Hollow Core WS 4-9i; cg14 48* 2dot; cg14 54* 1dot; cg14 60* 1dot

With money no object and everything else being equal and you had one round to play out of the ones you mention, which would you go with (noting the weather tomorrow afternoon)????? Thanks!!

Hoofer Vantage Bag Carrying:
DRIVER Fusion FT-3 Driver Proforce V2 65 Graphite Stiff
FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree
IRONS MX-25 Irons 3 thru PW Precision Rifle Shafts & Golf Pride GripsWEDGES CG10 56 & 60 Degree WedgesPUTTER 2-Ball SRT BALL ProV1xCLUB ...

If money is no object, it's a nice day, and you can get a recommendation from your home course, you could always play at Sahalee Country Club. It's just on the other side of Lake Sammamish, about 35-20 minutes from downtown Bellevue. http://www.sahalee.com/info.aspx

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

I might be going to Seattle for my spring break (March 9th-14th) and I was wondering what I should expect in terms of weather, and what are some courses that are worth playing, as it will be a pure golf trip. Also if possible I would like to be able to walk, because my mom and I prefer walking to riding, thanks for the help.

I liked Chambers Bay, but I LOVE the HOME COURSE. The Olympic at Gold Mtn. is pretty damn good also. Bring good rain gear.

If you want to play

I agree with these except for Newcastle. And the weather is going to be cold, and probably rain

Driver: G10 9*
3-wood: 909F3 15*
Hybrid: 909H 19*
Irons: 695MBs
Wedges: 56 & 52 64 spin milledPutters:Seemore FGP Spider

Depends on how far you want to drive and what your budget is. If you don't mind a little drive, the Olympic course at Gold Mountain in Bremerton is awesome.

Agreed, we enjoyed this course and setting in summer; don't know about March. There's another course on the same grounds whose name I can't recall that is not as fancy, but locals said it was nice. If you take the ferry there isn't too much driving, but allow time for getting through town of Bremerton.

• 4 years later...
Note: This thread is 3939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!