IGNORED

Any Music Lovers?

immts007
Note: This thread is 3527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

john bonham's son, jason, is playing with zep. ringo starrs son has played with the who, and oasis

woosh......

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

• 3 weeks later...

On April 1st R.E.M. releases a new Album called 'Accelerate'. These guys were so great, they had one of the longest streaks of GREAT albums of almost any band I can think of: Everything they did on IRS+Orange and maybe half of Monster. But everything they've done for the last 14 years has been mediocre at best. I've heard a 'preview' of Accelerate and I think they have managed to get a little of the old magic back - it sounds fantastic, and I'm looking forward to picking up a copy in a few weeks.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

I love hard rock/metal. I play guitar (not very well, though) and my biggest influences are Tony Iommi, David Gilmour and John Petrucci. Among my favorite bands are Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Dream Theater (those first three were pretty obvious, huh? :) ), Iron Maiden, Alice in Chains. For the last couple of days, I've been listening to the new Black Crowes album. It's not great, but I enjoyed it (though I love Goodbye Daugthers of the Revolution). I have also been listening to a lot of Creedence Clearwater Revival lately. I love that bluesy type of rock.

Music. Who doesn't enjoy music?

I'm 19 and my parents have influenced my taste in music. I listen to a lot of Zeppelin, Hendrix, the WHO, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, The Misfits, Stevie Ray Vaughan, The Ramones. Just to name a few.

But I listen to a lot of music from my generation as well. I like the whole Soundgarden and Audioslave alternative thing from the 90's. But lately (within the last 4 years) I have listened to a lot of metal/ death metal. I swear when my madre hears the death metal she cries herself to sleep at night. But the music is phenomenal. The skill level at which these musicians can play is amazing. Most of you are going to knock the whole metal scene, I expect that. It's the best thing my generation has to offer. Honestly look and listen around. Guys wearing girls pants. Odd. I can't even imagine how uncomfortable that is. Guys singing in falsetto like girls. Horrible talentless pop and rap artists. The quality of music just keeps going down the drain.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

The quality of music just keeps going down the drain.

Wow, I totally disagree. I think maybe you are just not listening to the right stuff. I'm 42 and I think your generation is kicking out some fantastic music - mostly if you avoid the major labels. The so called "indie scene" is producing some incredible sounds.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Wow, I totally disagree. I think maybe you are just not listening to the right stuff. I'm 42 and I think your generation is kicking out some fantastic music - mostly if you avoid the major labels. The so called "indie scene" is producing some incredible sounds.

Yeah well how many people listen to indie as opposed to Rap and Pop?

It's horrible. When it comes to musicians having talent and being able to play their instruments any form of progressive metal, hell metal beats anything else my generation can throw at them.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

Yes I like music, doesn't everyone? I listen to a lot of different stuff. I dig some old school rap(not todays R&B; pop radio stuff), some 90's hardcore such as Quicksand, Bad Brains, Cro-Mags, Ice Burn, Judge, Into Another. I like some of todays newer stuff too. My neighbor plays a lot of todays "hardcore" which sounds like 90's death metal and I can't stand that stuff, they may have talent(?) but the singers sound awful and I can't understand a word. Not to big on Country music. I never gave bluegrass a thought until about 10 years ago I was dating girl whose brother played in a bluegrass band, and they were amazing. Recently saw Bruce Hornsby and Ricky Skaggs playing together and that was one of the best shows I have been to in a long time. The curtain came up and it was two and a half hours of straight bluegrass jamming. Went backstage and met the guys after the show which only made it that much better.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I've gone through stages but lately it's either punk, alternative rock or country for me while mixing in some 70's/80's rock. Basically, anything but rap.

Collective Soul
Live
Bob Dylan
Gin Blossoms
Pantera
Jethro Tull
Oleander
Elton John
Billy Joel
Shades Apart
A Perfect Circle
Alabama
Montgomery Gentry
Phil Collins
Rusted Root
Sugarland
Third Eye Blind
Tonic
Duran Duran
Ingram Hill
Cold
Chevelle
Breaking Benjamin
The Alan Parsons Project
Zepplin
Pink Floyd

to name a few...

• 6 years later...
Oh it did...forget to mention, your my new BFF for that. I'm more a Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik fan than ATliens tho

You think so? I always thought that album was ok, but I love ATLiens, Aquemini, & Stankonia.

Riley

Yeah well how many people listen to indie as opposed to Rap and Pop?

It's horrible. When it comes to musicians having talent and being able to play their instruments any form of progressive metal, hell metal beats anything else my generation can throw at them.

How is the fact that mainstream music is generic hip-hop and pop affecting the quality of the lesser known music?

I agree with @ immts007, there is being produced so much good music today. I listen to music from all eras, ranging from folk songs and classical to music produced today.

My main genre is progressive music of various styles. Rock, indie, metal.

Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Yes, Steven Wilson, The Pineapple Thief, The Dear Hunter, Supertramp, Radiohead, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Norah Jones, Katie Melua, In Flames, Hugh Laurie, Helloween, Guilt Machine, Frank Sinatra, Frederic Chopin, Procol Harum... I'll just leave my LastFM: http://www.last.fm/user/Zephyp

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!