or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows) - Page 25

post #433 of 502
Thread Starter 

Re: Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

Originally Posted by rasilva View Post
One question: is there a way to make Scorecard calculate EGA Handicap?
I'm trying the demo and it seems that Scorecard only calculates USGA Handicap, is this correct?
The answers to your questions are, in order, no and yes.
post #434 of 502

Re: Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

Hi there,

Loving the software. One question. This weekend I played a 4 round match play tournament. I really want to track the stats as it was competition play. However as it was match play, all 4 rounds finished on different holes. How would you suggest I enter these rounds?
post #435 of 502
Thread Starter 

Re: Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

Originally Posted by Cuzziebro View Post
Loving the software. One question. This weekend I played a 4 round match play tournament. I really want to track the stats as it was competition play. However as it was match play, all 4 rounds finished on different holes. How would you suggest I enter these rounds?
I would recommend you score them as you envision you would play them. Truthfully, over the course of putting in 20 or 50 rounds or whatever, a few holes aren't going to make much of a difference. I'd just look at your average stats for the day and try to keep the averages for the holes you don't play as close as possible.

Or, since you're allowed, play out the holes and keep your actual stats.
post #436 of 502

Re: Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

got the program long ago but never really started using it. gonna start now but have some questions.
what if any are disadvantages if you dont enter slope and course rating?
i play in australia and in a couple of years there will be a USGA course rating on these courses. Will it sort itself out if i put it in then??
first putt distance i was just going to putt in meters instead of feet that i think you guys from the states do. should not be a problem??

also i looked on iacas online scorecards. In the bottom of the stats tab there is best vs worst. arent some of those stats presented wrong? scrambling % 25% best ad 66.6% worst and GIR First putt??
post #437 of 502
Thread Starter 

Re: Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

Originally Posted by klund View Post
what if any are disadvantages if you dont enter slope and course rating?
Your handicap calculations won't be right, but that's about it. You can leave the defaults in and your handicap will probably be calculated as worse than it really is.

Originally Posted by klund View Post
Will it sort itself out if i put it in then??
Yes, all previous rounds will be re-calculated when you change a course's slope and/or course rating.

Originally Posted by klund View Post
first putt distance i was just going to putt in meters instead of feet that i think you guys from the states do. should not be a problem??
Nope. I think we assume meters if you set that in the preferences. But then you should put your other stats in meters too (hole length for one).

Originally Posted by klund View Post
also i looked on iacas online scorecards. In the bottom of the stats tab there is best vs worst. arent some of those stats presented wrong? scrambling % 25% best ad 66.6% worst and GIR First putt??
From the manual:

Source: Scorecard Manual
Best vs. Worst
All Stats - This table contains statistics from above, but splits them into your “best” and “worst” rounds. You may notice that Scorecard calculates your differential for each round you play. Your differential is essentially your handicap index for that one round. This table splits the rounds in half. Your “best rounds” are those with the lowest differentials and your “worst rounds” those with the highest differentials.

We also list an average column so that you can see how far off your best and worst rounds are from the overall average.

post #438 of 502

Re: Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

ok lets get some useful information then!!

but i still dont understand the best vs worse explanation.
A explanation to an idiot would be needed!!
post #439 of 502
Thread Starter 

Re: Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

Originally Posted by klund View Post
but i still dont understand the best vs worse explanation.
A explanation to an idiot would be needed!!
The individual statistics are taken from your best rounds (by differential) and your worst rounds. They're not your "best" rounds of that particular stat, they're just the statistics from your "best" rounds.
post #440 of 502

Re: Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

Originally Posted by klund View Post
ok lets get some useful information then!!

but i still dont understand the best vs worse explanation.
A explanation to an idiot would be needed!!
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
The individual statistics are taken from your best rounds (by differential) and your worst rounds. They're not your "best" rounds of that particular stat, they're just the statistics from your "best" rounds.
Right, so as I understand it, I could hit 70% of fairways but still score horribly... so I'd find that my "worst" rounds would have Fairways at roughly 70%, whereas if I hit only 20% of my fairways but scrambled for my best scores, I'd see my "best" rounds with 20% Fairways Hit. Obviously you hope it's the other way around, but theoretically this type of statistic could show up in this feature.

This is a lot more useful than what your best putting day was or your best day for GIR... because ultimately this feature will show you what key stat or combination of stats causes your highest scores, and what combination of stats yields your lowest. Without that you'd certainly take a lot longer to pick up on any trends that cause you to have a bad day on the course.
post #441 of 502

Re: Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

now i get it!
and its sounds good.

but what is the definiton of "best"
avg. best 5 rounds??
post #442 of 502

Re: Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

is there an iphone app for this yet?
post #443 of 502
Thread Starter 

Re: Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

Originally Posted by Magnum_dactyl View Post
is there an iphone app for this yet?
Nope. Not unless you count the one that's been out for well over a year already.
post #444 of 502

Re: Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

Originally Posted by iacas View Post
Nope. Not unless you count the one that's been out for well over a year already.
hah, thanks man - didn't feel like reading through 50 pages of the thread and my iPhone doesn't have service in the office.

Just a suggestion, but consider editing the title of the thread - give yourself some more credit! (Windows, OSX, iOS)
post #445 of 502

Re: Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

I recently downloaded Scorecard and really like it so far. I have one question about 9-hole rounds. Forgive me if it was covered previously, but I searched and reviewed 10 pages of posts to no avail:

The manual states that the program combines 9-hole rounds for statistical purposes, when they're played within 14 days of each other. Yesterday I played the front nine of an 18-hole course twice. I entered my scores for both nines, and they show up as 2 separate rounds. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help.
post #446 of 502
Thread Starter 

Re: Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

Originally Posted by socalsharky View Post
The manual states that the program combines 9-hole rounds for statistical purposes, when they're played within 14 days of each other. Yesterday I played the front nine of an 18-hole course twice. I entered my scores for both nines, and they show up as 2 separate rounds. Am I missing something?
They're combined only for statistics - you don't see them combined in the thing. But that way you don't see "Putts per Round" for nine holes mixed in with 18-hole rounds - we combine two nine-hole rounds for stats like that into one 18-hole round.
post #447 of 502

Re: Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

So as of right now, the only two rounds I've entered are the two 9-hole "rounds". When I look at the putting stats, I see numbers like 10 putts for my last round, and 13.5 putts over my last five rounds. I see what the software is doing, since I had 10 and 17 putts on the two 9's. Shouldn't those stats be combined to show 27 putts per round for my last full round? Or do you view all 9-hole round stats separate from 18-hole stats? Let's say on my next full round, I have 36 putts. How would my average look? I guess I could enter a made up round, but I don't want to use up my trial too fast!

Thanks again for the help.
post #448 of 502

Re: Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

I had Scorecard on my laptop last year. My laptop crashed and nothing could be saved. How can I get a copy of the software again? Do I need to purchase another copy? Thanks
post #449 of 502
Thread Starter 

Re: Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
I had Scorecard on my laptop last year. My laptop crashed and nothing could be saved. How can I get a copy of the software again? Do I need to purchase another copy? Thanks
You can always download a copy of the application from the site. You do not have a backup of your license or the email that came with your license? Email support and Brad will send a license. Might take him a few days... and you should have a backup plan in place next time.
post #450 of 502

Re: Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

Originally Posted by iacas View Post
You can always download a copy of the application from the site. You do not have a backup of your license or the email that came with your license? Email support and Brad will send a license. Might take him a few days... and you should have a backup plan in place next time.
I will look for the email. I probably have it. Point taken on the backup...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)