or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Breaking Bad
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Breaking Bad - Page 2

post #19 of 537

Doctor Who also just started. The first episode was very good, but the show can be hot and cold. Wallander was on last night, 2 more episodes.

post #20 of 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post

Homeland is great. You won't be disappointed. 

I'm 7 episodes in now (they left the cabin, Aileen, well, I'll just say she made an identification so I don't spoil anything). Great show. It started out a bit corny (and it bugs me that the pilot's "I'm just making sure we don't get hit again, I missed something once before, I can't, I won't let that happen again," "It was ten years ago, everyone missed something that day," "Everyone's not me," line is in the opening sequence, because that's really corny), but it's gotten pretty awesome just over halfway through the season.
post #21 of 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post

Homeland is great. You won't be disappointed. 

 It started out a bit corny (and it bugs me that the pilot's "I'm just making sure we don't get hit again, I missed something once before, I can't, I won't let that happen again," "It was ten years ago, everyone missed something that day," "Everyone's not me," line is in the opening sequence, because that's really corny), but it's gotten pretty awesome just over halfway through the season.

 

Yea, I think any time they're tackling terrorism and such, you're walking a fine line. It's interesting you think that line was corny ... I guess I can see that. I do like the idea of CIA agents blaming themselves so passionately though. But yea, corniness factor... I can see that too.

 

This comedian Hannibal Buress had a pretty funny joke about Homeland on Conan recently (no spoilers). Skip to 3:15 to see the joke. No clue who this guy is, but he made me laugh a few times.

 

 

I still need to start Friday Night Lights one of these days. Saving that for a rainy day.


Edited by JetFan1983 - 9/15/12 at 12:42am
post #22 of 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post

Yea, I think any time they're tackling terrorism and such, you're walking a fine line. It's interesting you think that line was corny ... I guess I can see that. I do like the idea of CIA agents blaming themselves so passionately though. But yea, corniness factor... I can see that too.

This comedian Hannibal Buress had a pretty funny joke about Homeland on Conan recently (no spoilers). Skip to 3:15 to see the joke. No clue who this guy is, but he made me laugh a few times.




I still need to start Friday Night Lights one of these days. Saving that for a rainy day.

Are you watching me? Where are the cameras? I'm being 100% truthful when I say that I just watched that stand-up set last night (I've seen Buress a few times on the John Oliver New York Stand-Up Show, and I watched a few of his sets on YouTube). Get out of my internet history! b2_tongue.gif

(Buress did do a great set on Craig Ferguson back in 2007 that's on YouTube, and his most recent album is pretty solid. He's got an interesting demeanor but knows how to emphasize the right parts of the joke when he talks.)

I think it's really just that line (that they replay in the opening every single episode) that I find corny. Pretty much everything else is great. And I'm only on episode 8 (Achilles Heel), but the Tom Walker stuff is awesome.

FNL is a great show, but it does take a certain mindset. It was a weird show in that football fans might not like the drama parts, and drama fans might not like the football parts (you have to be able to at least tolerate both). But it had some truly great moments, especially in the first 3 seasons, and managed to completely turn over it's cast once the originals graduated, which is no small feat. Matt Saracen is awesome. You will have to mute it every time Minka Kelly speaks though, which can be tough.
post #23 of 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

Are you watching me? Where are the cameras? I'm being 100% truthful when I say that I just watched that stand-up set last night.
 

 

Yea, you were in the other room getting coffee while I pretended to cry a little bit. That's when I made my move.

 

 

post #24 of 537

I love breaking bad, one of my favorites. 

 

I watch BB

Spartacus

True Blood

Fringe

Dexter

Homeland

The Walking Dead 

 

And that about covers it. 

post #25 of 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post

Yea, I think any time they're tackling terrorism and such, you're walking a fine line. It's interesting you think that line was corny ... I guess I can see that. I do like the idea of CIA agents blaming themselves so passionately though. But yea, corniness factor... I can see that too.

I know this is the Breaking Bad thread, but holy ****ing shit, I just finished the first season of Homeland. Awesome ending.
post #26 of 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post

Yea, I think any time they're tackling terrorism and such, you're walking a fine line. It's interesting you think that line was corny ... I guess I can see that. I do like the idea of CIA agents blaming themselves so passionately though. But yea, corniness factor... I can see that too.

I know this is the Breaking Bad thread, but holy ****ing shit, I just finished the first season of Homeland. Awesome ending.

 

Season two starts in like two weeks or something too. That, plus Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, Walking Dead, some other random shows -- and the NFL of course -- should tie me over until BB returns.

 

Sundays are a frighteningly slothful day for me this time of year.

post #27 of 537

I've just finished catching up on BB.

post #28 of 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by slodsm View Post

I love breaking bad, one of my favorites. 

 

I watch BB

Spartacus

True Blood

Fringe

Dexter

Homeland

The Walking Dead 

 

And that about covers it. 

Never heard of Fringe... But many of those on your list are solid.  So I'll check it out. 

post #29 of 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

I've just finished catching up on BB.

 

I thought you quit!!!

post #30 of 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post

I thought you quit!!!

 

I don't think I ever said that. I think I took a break.

 

I still fast forward through almost every conversation that involves Skyler (or is it Skylar?). Can't stand her. Those scenes are SOOOOO SLOOOOOOOWWWWWW.

post #31 of 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post

I thought you quit!!!

 

I don't think I ever said that. I think I took a break.

 

I still fast forward through almost every conversation that involves Skyler (or is it Skylar?). Can't stand her. Those scenes are SOOOOO SLOOOOOOOWWWWWW.

 

Haha that's fair. Yea.... I'm not about to defend Skylar. 

post #32 of 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

I don't think I ever said that. I think I took a break.

I still fast forward through almost every conversation that involves Skyler (or is it Skylar?). Can't stand her. Those scenes are SOOOOO SLOOOOOOOWWWWWW.

Mildly funny this thread would pop back up today, since I just started rewatching it in preparation for the final 8 episodes.

Sklyer has some decent lines in the fourth and fifth season, but yeah, most of her scenes drag. And none of her story arcs (Ted, the stuff with Marie, etc.) are particularly memorable.

Come to think of it, the show's been pretty bad with the few women it does have in general, except maybe Jane, though that character's so archetypal I doubt it was particularly challenging.
post #33 of 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

I don't think I ever said that. I think I took a break.

 

I still fast forward through almost every conversation that involves Skyler (or is it Skylar?). Can't stand her. Those scenes are SOOOOO SLOOOOOOOWWWWWW.

While I don't disagree that she has become pretty damn annoying, be careful doing that because you risk missing things like this ...

 

post #34 of 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

While I don't disagree that she has become pretty damn annoying, be careful doing that because you risk missing things like this ...


The last line of this scene is pretty good too:

(Obviously, spoiler alert should be implied since it's a video that you don't have to click play on.)
post #35 of 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

(Obviously, spoiler alert should be implied since it's a video that you don't have to click play on.)

Right ... And I figured that since it was from a show that is 8 months (or something like that) old and posted in a thread with said show as the title, that if you are a fan of the show yet not caught up, and are perusing this thread and clicking links willy nilly, then you are playing with fire and probably deserve to get burned. :)

post #36 of 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Right ... And I figured that since it was from a show that is 8 months (or something like that) old and posted in a thread with said show as the title, that if you are a fan of the show yet not caught up, and are perusing this thread and clicking links willy nilly, then you are playing with fire and probably deserve to get burned. :)

I just didn't want JetFan to throw a fit again. b2_tongue.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Breaking Bad