or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Your opinion of Clone Clubs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your opinion of Clone Clubs - Page 4

post #55 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by SparkyRedick View Post
If I saw your bag as you described it, I would immediately think you had a very high handicap, and were no fun to play with. You could prove me wrong if we played.
That is an incredibly sad statement.

So is the opposite true as well, if you see someone with brand new, name-brand equipment you immediately think they must be a scratch-golfer and they would be a lot of fun to play with? Honestly I have found the opposite to be true some of the time.

I beg of you, please don't judge people based upon their clubs or if they decide to use a push/pull cart, or if they want to use iron head-covers. If you must "judge" someone, base it on their character, not their equipment. You may find that people will surprise you.
post #56 of 183
Thread Starter 

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by blkdiamond View Post
That is an incredibly sad statement.

So is the opposite true as well, if you see someone with brand new, name-brand equipment you immediately think they must be a scratch-golfer and they would be a lot of fun to play with? Honestly I have found the opposite to be true some of the time.

I beg of you, please don't judge people based upon their clubs or if they decide to use a push/pull cart, or if they want to use iron head-covers. If you must "judge" someone, base it on their character, not their equipment. You may find that people will surprise you.
Please review my dave chappelle analogy. I am only getting a first impression from the golf clubs or pull carts. I am not making a judgment of the quality of the persons character, rather their golf knowledge and ability. As a round progresses I will continually update my view of the persons golf ability, golf knowledge, and funess to play with as new information presents itself.

I would never judge the character of a person based on any material goods.
post #57 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Cant we just end this conversation at this point.

You have expressed your opinion Sparky - More than a few times may I add.

Your not changing anyones mind, Nor are you changing your opinion. There for at this point the conversation is a moot point.

What I have learned from you sparky.
- People that play clones are Golf Challenged - Not intelligent when it comes to purchases.

- People that use push-carts are out right cheathers. Just because they have the option to use one and they exercise that right when they feel they need to. - I have never given a second thought when I see someone who has the ability to carry their bag but use a pull cart as trying to get an unfair advantage over me. To insinuate that is ridiculous.

- I still have no idea what your problem with Iron Covers are. At this point I have taken the covers off my Driver - 3 wood - 3H - and Putter to make you happy.
post #58 of 183
Thread Starter 

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by MasterOfTheBogey View Post
Cant we just end this conversation at this point.

You have expressed your opinion Sparky - More than a few times may I add.

Your not changing anyones mind, Nor are you changing your opinion. There for at this point the conversation is a moot point.
If you are unhappy with this thread, do not read it. The discussion will go on as long as people are posting questions about my philosophy.

Originally Posted by MasterOfTheBogey View Post
What I have learned from you sparky.
- People that play clones are Golf Challenged - Not intelligent when it comes to purchases.
Absolutely correct here.

Originally Posted by MasterOfTheBogey View Post
- People that use push-carts are out right cheathers. Just because they have the option to use one and they exercise that right when they feel they need to. - I have never given a second thought when I see someone who has the ability to carry their bag but use a pull cart as trying to get an unfair advantage over me. To insinuate that is ridiculous.
To say it does not offer any advantage defies logic and the laws of physics. You may contend that it doesn't offer a significant advantage, but it has to be an advantage none the less.
post #59 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by SparkyRedick View Post
If you are unhappy with this thread, do not read it. The discussion will go on as long as people are posting questions about my philosophy.

To say it does not offer any advantage defies logic and the laws of physics. You may contend that it doesn't offer a significant advantage, but it has to be an advantage none the less.
This converstion isnt a conversation. Its just you defending your reasoning and stating the same thing over and over in each post that you make. We undstand your point. Just copy and paste the same answer or point us back to a post that you made that answers everything.


If it offers such a huge advantage that your complaining about it. Then take out a damn cart and walk with one. To say that people are cheaters because they use them is stupid.

Thats like saying tow trucks shouldnt exist. Your car broke down, to bad - push the damn thing yourself.


--- And I still dont believe you have said why you are against Iron Covers.
post #60 of 183
Thread Starter 

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by MasterOfTheBogey View Post
Its just you defending your reasoning and stating the same thing over and over in each post that you make. We undstand your point.
I apologize if I have been repetitive. I am being asked similar questions in different ways so my answers may seem that way.

Originally Posted by MasterOfTheBogey View Post
If it offers such a huge advantage that your complaining about it. Then take out a damn cart and walk with one. T
I cannot believe you are suggesting I use a pull cart, perhaps my disgust of them has not been repetitive enough.

Originally Posted by MasterOfTheBogey View Post
Thats like saying tow trucks shouldnt exist. Your car broke down, to bad - push the damn thing yourself.
I dont really understand this or how it is any way similar. please explain more.

Originally Posted by MasterOfTheBogey View Post
--- And I still dont believe you have said why you are against Iron Covers.
Iron covers are tacky but not a big deal, to avoid being repetitive see my numerical rating of annoyance in the earlier post.
post #61 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by SparkyRedick View Post
I cannot believe you are suggesting I use a pull cart, perhaps my disgust of them has not been repetitive enough.
I dont care if you despise pull carts. You say they give a competitive advantage. I think you are the ignorant one for not capatilizing on this advantage. Maybe the people that use these are somehow more intelligent than you are by using this radical, game-improving, shot lessening, less energy wasting mechanism.

Originally Posted by SparkyRedick View Post
I dont really understand this or how it is any way similar. please explain more.
Its like saying you shouldnt use it even though its there. Why haul the car/bag when you have another viable option at your fingertips. Hence, the towtruck/push-cart.
post #62 of 183
Thread Starter 

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by MasterOfTheBogey View Post
I dont care if you despise pull carts. You say they give a competitive advantage. I think you are the ignorant one for not capatilizing on this advantage. Maybe the people that use these are somehow more intelligent than you are by using this radical, game-improving, shot lessening, less energy wasting mechanism.
But I feel that it is cheating and a disgrace to the game. So I dont do it, just like I dont cheat by throwing my golf ball or shaving strokes. Either of those would be an advantage but are cheating none the less.

Originally Posted by MasterOfTheBogey View Post
Its like saying you shouldnt use it even though its there. Why haul the car/bag when you have another viable option at your fingertips. Hence, the towtruck/push-cart.
Just because the technology is there does mean I should do it. Whats popular is not always right, whats right is not always popular.
post #63 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Some people agree with you on the clones but I would go to say that a majority of the people that have read this disagree with you on the other 2 topics at hand.

To say that people cheat by using a *Caddie On Wheels* is ridiculous. And to say that Iron Covers are tacky, well thats your own opinion and your entitled to it. Just dont try to pass on anything you say as fact.

Golf is a game that appeals to everyone. To say that anyone is a lesser player because they have an offbrand product in their bag is stupid. Thats like saying someone that buys RC Cola is a moron because he could have bought coke.

Its their own personal preference to what they buy and it is thier money to spend it in anyway that they want to.

I am not going to go back and forth with you on this because at this point I am actually going to go put a club in my hand and smack a few down range.
post #64 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by SparkyRedick View Post
But I feel that it is cheating and a disgrace to the game. So I dont do it, just like I dont cheat by throwing my golf ball or shaving strokes. Either of those would be an advantage but are cheating none the less.

Just because the technology is there does mean I should do it. Whats popular is not always right, whats right is not always popular.
Using a push/pull cart IS NOT CHEATING!

Cheating is shaving strokes or giving yourself a better lie, but using a pull/push cart is not cheating. Do you feel that everyone who rides a golf cart is cheating? Do you feel that professionals who use a caddy are cheating? Now you can say that in your opinion it gives your competitors a slight advantage over you if they use a cart and you carry, but you can't say they are cheating because they aren't

I am going to say it again, don't be so judgmental of how others choose to play the game or the equipment they choose to use, I promise that you will live a much happier life.
post #65 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by SparkyRedick View Post
Three points in one post and I completely disagree with all of them.

There is an undeniable advantage to not having that weight on your shoulders and back for 18 holes. However small you think this advantage is, or large I think it is, it does exist. Simple physics and chemistry of energy output and muscle usage.
Using your same logic, carrying rain gear(umbrella, rain pants and top) would also be extra weight... therefore, putting the person that carries this extra gear at a disadvantage. However, a person that chooses NOT to carry the rain gear would ALSO be at a disadvantage IF it actually started raining(and had NO gear to put on)...

Again, using your logic it would an unfair advantage given different circumstances... therefore, they could BOTH be deemed cheaters.

Hypothetically, say you pull your head out of your(you know what) and say, "Ok guys pull carts are OK"... then, Gasp! Someone shows up with one of those 3 wheel push carts... Are they then the cheaters? (It is understood that pushing something is slightly easier that pulling the same weight)

post #66 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

It nice to see that people share my sentiment when it comes to this topic.
post #67 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by SparkyRedick View Post
But I feel that it is cheating and a disgrace to the game. So I dont do it, just like I dont cheat by throwing my golf ball or shaving strokes. Either of those would be an advantage but are cheating none the less.
I think this is another mis-speak, just like 'unfair' advantage. Please tell me you don't actually believe that it is against the Rules of Golf, as defined by the U.S.G.A. and/or R&A, to use a pull cart?

Originally Posted by SparkyRedick View Post
Just because the technology is there does mean I should do it. Whats popular is not always right, whats right is not always popular.
And yet, you have a 460cc driver and cavity back irons.
post #68 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by SparkyRedick View Post
In the golf world it is seen as an unfair advantage if you are pulling your clubs while others are carrying their own.
Originally Posted by SparkyRedick View Post
I am merely making a point that among the circle of medium to low handicap golfers that I associate with........
Originally Posted by SparkyRedick View Post
23 years old...
Ah yes, as a 23 year old your circle of golfing friends are considered "the golf world". I'm glad you guys are deciding what's tacky and what's not because I don't think the rest of us thousands and thousands of golfers out there should be allowed to determine that.

Originally Posted by SparkyRedick View Post
My problem with Pull carts is that they are illegal in real competition, but yet available at most courses.

When I am wagering on a round I consider that a real competition, yet my opponent can have a pull cart and there is nothing I can do to stop him.
Oh I get it, you want to level the playing field by having your opponent carry his bag. So let's see what a conversation with Mr. SparkyRedick would sound like after a match:

He loses - "Yeah, I was hitting them great all day but my putting was off. If he didn't have that damn pull cart I would have won."

He wins - "It was awesome. I beat him by two strokes! Did I mention he was even using a pull cart?"
post #69 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

this is crazy. in one day we have 8 pages of clone club/pull cart madness!! pull carts are fine! i occasionaly use one because i have a bad back! and if i lose to somebody using any kind of cart, the fact that they had the cart wouldn't be my first gripe.
and if i beat somebody using clone clubs, that wouldn't be my first boast!
post #70 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by MasterOfTheBogey View Post
It nice to see that people share my sentiment when it comes to this topic.
I would have to say most golfers back your sentiment...including myself. The fact that a pull cart is considered cheating in his mind is BOGUS!
post #71 of 183
Thread Starter 

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
I think this is another mis-speak, just like 'unfair' advantage. Please tell me you don't actually believe that it is against the Rules of Golf, as defined by the U.S.G.A. and/or R&A, to use a pull cart?
I am referring to it as cheating in a competitive form, ie tournaments, college and pro golf. Correct me if I am wrong but it is against the rules to have a pull cart or any cart in the pro's or tournaments or college D1 golf.
post #72 of 183
Thread Starter 

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by choran View Post
I would have to say most golfers back your sentiment...including myself. The fact that a pull cart is considered cheating in his mind is BOGUS!
We should set up a poll to see how many people are on my side vs. yours.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Your opinion of Clone Clubs