or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Your opinion of Clone Clubs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your opinion of Clone Clubs - Page 5

post #73 of 183
Thread Starter 

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by srjorion View Post
Oh I get it, you want to level the playing field by having your opponent carry his bag. So let's see what a conversation with Mr. SparkyRedick would sound like after a match:

He loses - "Yeah, I was hitting them great all day but my putting was off. If he didn't have that damn pull cart I would have won."

He wins - "It was awesome. I beat him by two strokes! Did I mention he was even using a pull cart?"
This is borderline offensive to me. I would never do anything like this.
post #74 of 183
Thread Starter 

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by blkdiamond View Post

I am going to say it again, don't be so judgmental of how others choose to play the game or the equipment they choose to use, I promise that you will live a much happier life.
I am going to say it again, I enjoy my judgmental life thoroughly. Your promise is not true.

Let those without the clones cast the first stone.
post #75 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by SparkyRedick View Post
This is borderline offensive to me. I would never do anything like this.
Maybe I should have included some Smilies to lighten up the post? Breathe in...........................and out.........................
post #76 of 183
Thread Starter 

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by srjorion View Post
Maybe I should have included some Smilies to lighten up the post? Breathe in...........................and out.........................
I am breathing, but why a personal attack? We are having a friendly discussion and you took it to a different level.

Im going to go take my pull cart and go home.
post #77 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by SparkyRedick View Post
I am breathing, but why a personal attack?
I wouldn't really call that a personal attack, but maybe that's just me being so thick skinned.

Have another smiley
post #78 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

this whole page is two people!!!! ARGG!!!!!
i like deep breathing!

i gave you both rep points for having an entertaining argument
post #79 of 183
Thread Starter 

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

In hind sight I should have started a separate thread for the Pull cart and iron cover discussions.

If we could steer back to the original topic, ( I seemed to have at least some people agreeing with me on the clone wars)
post #80 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Personally, they are not my thing. I agree that you can find great name brand clubs at a steal on ebay (I did); but to vilify a person for using them is a bit...oh...25mg short of what one would call 'sane'. If you use a set of clubs made from straw, rocks and twine and are able to hit that dimpled ball 200+ yards, then I'm not going to knock it.
post #81 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by Eore View Post
i gave you both rep points for having an entertaining argument
I just about choked on my Coke. That's funny enough for me to throw some rep points back!
post #82 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

I dont like the clone clubs either I totally agree with you
post #83 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by SparkyRedick View Post
I am referring to it as cheating in a competitive form, ie tournaments, college and pro golf. Correct me if I am wrong but it is against the rules to have a pull cart or any cart in the pro's or tournaments or college D1 golf.
I didn't play D1 golf, so I don't know if they're legal there or not. If the rules of D1 golf expressly forbid them, then they would be cheating in that situation only.

As for tournaments? The only two tournaments I've played in permitted carts - both pull and motor. If you used a cart in one of those tournaments, it wasn't cheating - they were permitted. If you played in a tournament that expressly forbid them, then they would be cheating again, in that situation only.

Finally, the permissibility of professionals using carts depends on the tour. On the Umbrella tours, the professionals have caddies, so the rule isn't really relevant. I seem to recall that the Champions Tour uses motorized carts in its non-majors. Maybe Tom Kite went from being #1 on the money list to being a regular golf cheater. It seems sad that Ben Crenshaw and Tom Watson joined him in cheating. I wonder why they still get paid if they're cheating?
Unless motor carts aren't cheating while pull carts are, for some reason.

So, is your argument that pull carts are cheating when a tournament's rules forbid them? Then yes, they are. It's also cheating to carry six clubs in a five-club tournament. Should I pare my bag down to five clubs for everyday play accordingly?
post #84 of 183
Thread Starter 

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
I didn't play D1 golf, so I don't know if they're legal there or not. If the rules of D1 golf expressly forbid them, then they would be cheating in that situation only.

As for tournaments? The only two tournaments I've played in permitted carts - both pull and motor. If you used a cart in one of those tournaments, it wasn't cheating - they were permitted. If you played in a tournament that expressly forbid them, then they would be cheating again, in that situation only.

Finally, the permissibility of professionals using carts depends on the tour. On the Umbrella tours, the professionals have caddies, so the rule isn't really relevant. I seem to recall that the Champions Tour uses motorized carts in its non-majors. Maybe Tom Kite went from being #1 on the money list to being a regular golf cheater. It seems sad that Ben Crenshaw and Tom Watson joined him in cheating. I wonder why they still get paid if they're cheating?
Unless motor carts aren't cheating while pull carts are, for some reason.

So, is your argument that pull carts are cheating when a tournament's rules forbid them? Then yes, they are. It's also cheating to carry six clubs in a five-club tournament. Should I pare my bag down to five clubs for everyday play accordingly?
Since pull carts are strictly prohibited in College golf and Pro golf, we should aspire to be like them. And hire a caddy.
post #85 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
I didn't play D1 golf, so I don't know if they're legal there or not. If the rules of D1 golf expressly forbid them, then they would be cheating in that situation only.

As for tournaments? The only two tournaments I've played in permitted carts - both pull and motor. If you used a cart in one of those tournaments, it wasn't cheating - they were permitted. If you played in a tournament that expressly forbid them, then they would be cheating again, in that situation only.

Finally, the permissibility of professionals using carts depends on the tour. On the Umbrella tours, the professionals have caddies, so the rule isn't really relevant. I seem to recall that the Champions Tour uses motorized carts in its non-majors. Maybe Tom Kite went from being #1 on the money list to being a regular golf cheater. It seems sad that Ben Crenshaw and Tom Watson joined him in cheating. I wonder why they still get paid if they're cheating?
Unless motor carts aren't cheating while pull carts are, for some reason.

So, is your argument that pull carts are cheating when a tournament's rules forbid them? Then yes, they are. It's also cheating to carry six clubs in a five-club tournament. Should I pare my bag down to five clubs for everyday play accordingly?
New rule for tomorrow Shindig: Putters only, no headcovers allowed, must have an insert!
post #86 of 183
Thread Starter 

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by dave39 View Post
New rule for tomorrow Shindig: Putters only, no headcovers allowed, must have an insert!
Assuming that putter is not a clone, that is fine.
post #87 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by SparkyRedick View Post
When I am wagering on a round I consider that a real competition, yet my opponent can have a pull cart and there is nothing I can do to stop him.
It occurs to me, there's a better solution to this problem:
Don't bet with anyone who uses a pull-cart. State clearly, to whoever you'd be betting with, that the conditions for your betting are that each player carries his own bag. If you don't bet with anyone who doesn't abide by this, you haven't a disadvantage with respect to this.
If they don't give up the pull-cart, no bets. It's that simple.
post #88 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

SparkyRedick,
I think you might turn out to be carrying the clubs for the tour caddies with that 14 handicap of yours
post #89 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by SparkyRedick View Post
Since pull carts are strictly prohibited in College golf and Pro golf, we should aspire to be like them. And hire a caddy.
Did we establish that they're strictly prohibited in college and pro golf? I'd have to check D2 and D3 for college golf and the mini-tours. Any word if the Gateway or Pepsi tours permit pull carts?
post #90 of 183

Re: Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Originally Posted by SparkyRedick View Post
This is one of the worst posts I have ever read. You clearly do not understand the original question posed on this thread. I love and respect our country and our freedom of choice on all topics including head covers. However, some choice are made by inferior golfers. When a high percentage of low skill golfers are making the same choice, (clone clubs), it is difficult for me to not lump these low sill golfers together. When I see someone using a clone club, I immediately have a mental image of all the inferior golfers I have seen in the past with these clubs. Look at the number of professionals using clones or having iron covers or having pull carts.

Imagine you are golfing as a single and are going to be paired with another golfer. You see golfer #1 standing there with clone clubs and a pull cart. Then you see golfer #2 with name brand clubs carrying his own clubs. I would immediately hope that I am paired with golfer #2 since he clearly has a higher golf IQ and most likely is a better golfer to play with.
and guess what? you are one of the worst people i have ever come across. clubs have nothing to do with how good a golfer is. having mizuno blades compared to ping g10's makes no difference. people dont want to pay 800 bucks for a new set of irons when they're only a novice, they may play golf once a week/fortnight and either can't afford new clubs or aren't worried by people like you giving them shit for it. and wy should you have to buy used irons. i say screw you. it is people like you who often make the world a crappy place to live. good day!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Your opinion of Clone Clubs