or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › What are you listening to?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What are you listening to? - Page 76

post #1351 of 1868
More dark wave . . .
post #1352 of 1868
More dark wave . . .
post #1353 of 1868
More dark wave . . .
post #1354 of 1868

Great picks georgeshot. I know all those!

 

More of my favorites from the 80s.... Listening to these, they have aged very well, don't feel out of date. At least imho :-) 

 

 

 

 

post #1355 of 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post

Great picks georgeshot. I know all those!

More of my favorites from the 80s.... Listening to these, they have aged very well, don't feel out of date. At least imho a1_smile.gif 








 
Yep. Lived off all of these artists during my pseudo goth stage. Not a fashion thing but just an appreciation of the music. Jesus and Mary Chain, Joy Division, Sad Lovers and Giants, The Mission, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, Dead Can Dance, Fields of the Nephilim too. All still great stuff and gave to agree. I like the dark wave show on XM now
post #1356 of 1868

Good list! Need to add ...

 

post #1357 of 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
 

Good list! Need to add ...

 

 

Love this song! Great pick!

 

Georgeshot/Stretch - got any public playlists? Love your music picks.

post #1358 of 1868

Sorry, nothing but memories. :-)

 

 

post #1359 of 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
 

Good list! Need to add ...

 


The "Post Modern Band" Talk Talk's "Spirit of Eden" and "Laughing Stock" are beyond words as I'm sure you are familiar with them both. Mark Hollis' solo record was great too!

post #1360 of 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
 

Sorry, nothing but memories. :-)

 

 


Wow what a great "throwback" Stretch.

Did you happen to see the most recent Roger Waters tour of "The Wall"? It was bonzer good. A great re-vamp, reinterpretation and performance, as well as technology enhancements. Well worth it. Me and my best friend from High School and his brother and my brother enjoyed.

post #1361 of 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

 

Love this song! Great pick!

 

Georgeshot/Stretch - got any public playlists? Love your music picks.


Funny you should ask. I am setting up my grooveshark account and playlists. I'll post some when I get it up and running. Thanks - I guess it comes from growing up in a "musical" household and being a former "professional musician" and record store employee for years. I still love to discover new artists and still love all the older ones as well. Lots of vinyl in the house! Here's a great new group I had the pleasure to see recently in a tiny local club.

 

Great way to start your day...

post #1362 of 1868

Been on a country kick lately so I've been listening to this one a lot.  And then it dawned on me ... I think the devil conceded way too easily.  It was a lot closer than that ... in fact, I'd go so far as to say I think the devil won. :beer:

post #1363 of 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Been on a country kick lately so I've been listening to this one a lot.  And then it dawned on me ... I think the devil conceded way too easily.  It was a lot closer than that ... in fact, I'd go so far as to say I think the devil won. :beer:

 

Yea, the Devil's reaction to losing to Tenacious D was much more realistic :-D (hopefully you've seen that movie)

 

 

Love country! I hate to admit it, but I even like the pop country crap, which many country fans find abhorrent :-D

 

Here's what I'm listening to right now though. Good stuff. 

 

George Strait

 

post #1364 of 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post
 

 

Yea, the Devil's reaction to losing to Tenacious D was much more realistic :-D (hopefully you've seen that movie)

 

 

Love country! I hate to admit it, but I even like the pop country crap, which many country fans find abhorrent :-D

 

Here's what I'm listening to right now though. Good stuff.

 

George Strait

Holy crap!  "Unwound" is probably my favorite country song ever!  (Top 5 at least) :beer:

 

I'd have to think hard about the remainder of the top 5 (yes, I like country pop too) but I know this one is definitely in there:

It is, after all, the "perfect" country & western song. ;-)

post #1365 of 1868
You guys ought to give Gram Parsons and the Flying Burrito Brothers a spin.
post #1366 of 1868
You guys ought to give Gram Parsons and the Flying Burrito Brothers a spin.
post #1367 of 1868
You guys ought to give Gram Parsons and the Flying Burrito Brothers a spin.
post #1368 of 1868

George, you can put multiple things into one post, please.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › What are you listening to?