or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Biggest jerk on the tour?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Biggest jerk on the tour? - Page 9

post #145 of 342

I doubt they even read their own mail. They wouldn't have the time. Perhaps you should blame their assistant?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbyrne02 View Post

X129, the request is for a charity.  Giving of yourself for others.  Sounds like you should look it up in a dictionary and try to practice it a bit in your life.  Helping others in need, makes a difference in your life.  Try it sometime.



 

post #146 of 342

Did you join this site with the sole purpose of being sanctimonious? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbyrne02 View Post

X129, the request is for a charity.  Giving of yourself for others.  Sounds like you should look it up in a dictionary and try to practice it a bit in your life.  Helping others in need, makes a difference in your life.  Try it sometime.



 

post #147 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_miller View Post





Well, at least the ones widely regarded as using gamesmanship to throw off their opponents.


 

There is a difference between gamesmanship, and unprofessional conduct. Like walking well in front of the line of sight of a hitting opponent, that is something you learn in Junior golf. How about the fact that he was rummaging through his bag or talking to his caddie during another players swing?  Or maybe the fact that he was pulling the Velcro on his glove to remove in the putting stroke of another?  Like I said I don’t call that gamesmanship.


 

 

post #148 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtank View Post




 

There is a difference between gamesmanship, and unprofessional conduct. Like walking well in front of the line of sight of a hitting opponent, that is something you learn in Junior golf. How about the fact that he was rummaging through his bag or talking to his caddie during another players swing?  Or maybe the fact that he was pulling the Velcro on his glove to remove in the putting stroke of another?  Like I said I don’t call that gamesmanship.


 

 



Not sure what you're trying to say here. How does this relate to Elkington being annoying to play with and/or Watson being a jerk? 

 

post #149 of 342

 There a over a million charities in the US. How much time would it take tiger to send them all autographed stuff?  Again it is nice if he does it but calling someone a jerk because they don't is very self centered.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbyrne02 View Post

X129, the request is for a charity.  Giving of yourself for others.  Sounds like you should look it up in a dictionary and try to practice it a bit in your life.  Helping others in need, makes a difference in your life.  Try it sometime.



 

post #150 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtank View Post

 Or maybe the fact that he was pulling the Velcro on his glove to remove in the putting stroke of another?


 

 

 

"Velcro Violence"!!  (Courtesy of somebody I used to play with who had a ton of these things.  Funny guy!)
 

 

post #151 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by x129 View Post

 There a over a million charities in the US. How much time would it take tiger to send them all autographed stuff?  Again it is nice if he does it but calling someone a jerk because they don't is very self centered.  



 



As long as that poster made an effort to support Tiger's charities, he has a case. Otherwise, trashing people who don't contribute to his charity somehow doesn't inspire me to contribute either. Weird.

post #152 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtank View Post
  I have witnessed a particularly famous “good guy” act like a total ass to a waitress at dinner, doesnt mmake him a jerk. 


On the contrary, that is EXACTLY the kind of behaviour that does make him a jerk. That is his real personality coming out.

post #153 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post




On the contrary, that is EXACTLY the kind of behaviour that does make him a jerk. That is his real personality coming out.



Without knowing the guy how can you say what his real personality is? He seems like a good guy that enjoys life and spending time with his family to me.

 

I am glad we have so many saints here that never acted like a jerk to anyone at any point in their life.

post #154 of 342

Who are you talking about? The person's name who was a jerk to the waitress wasn't mentioned at all. How do you know they enjoy life and family b2_tongue.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhunter139 View Post





Without knowing the guy how can you say what his real personality is? He seems like a good guy that enjoys life and spending time with his family to me.

 

I am glad we have so many saints here that never acted like a jerk to anyone at any point in their life.



 

post #155 of 342

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deasy55 View Post

Who are you talking about? The person's name who was a jerk to the waitress wasn't mentioned at all. How do you know they enjoy life and family b2_tongue.gif

 



Does being excruciatingly nice to waitresses give people a free pass in other areas of their life?

 

post #156 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by deasy55 View Post

Who are you talking about? The person's name who was a jerk to the waitress wasn't mentioned at all. How do you know they enjoy life and family b2_tongue.gif

 



 

I could have sworn this was the Bubba Watson thread d2_doh.gif
 

 

post #157 of 342

What? I think you may have quoted the wrong comment or something because that had no relevance to what I said

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_miller View Post



 



Does being excruciatingly nice to waitresses give people a free pass in other areas of their life?

 



 

post #158 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by deasy55 View Post

What? I think you may have quoted the wrong comment or something because that had no relevance to what I said
 


It was a joke beyond my reach - a very far reaching Tiger reference. Even if you didn't make that connection though, you could not tell it was meant to refer to an ironic situation? Is ironic the right word? Gawrsh, I'm soundin' like Bubba now.

 

post #159 of 342

Nah-excruciatingly nice verges into "slightly creepy" territory.  But yes-demeanor with waitresses is the #1 yardstick/barometer for judging one's personality...a2_wink.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_miller View Post



 



Does being excruciatingly nice to waitresses give people a free pass in other areas of their life?

 



 

post #160 of 342

Of course I've been a jerk to people.  A TOTAL ASS however?  I hope not.  I certainly remember the people who have been total asses to me.  And I freely admit, I don't know Bubba's real personality, I only know him as a fan of golf knows one of golf's more popular players.  Based on his actions and behavior, just on the golf course-he seems a little douchey.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhunter139 View Post


Without knowing the guy how can you say what his real personality is? He seems like a good guy that enjoys life and spending time with his family to me.

 

I am glad we have so many saints here that never acted like a jerk to anyone at any point in their life.



 

post #161 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhunter139 View Post





Without knowing the guy how can you say what his real personality is? He seems like a good guy that enjoys life and spending time with his family to me.

 

I am glad we have so many saints here that never acted like a jerk to anyone at any point in their life.

No one is claiming to be a saint, but most acknowledge that treating a waiter or waitress poorly is a 100 per cent giveaway of true character.
post #162 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post


No one is claiming to be a saint, but most acknowledge that treating a waiter or waitress poorly is a 100 per cent giveaway of true character.


Really, anybody can murder a bothersome neighbor in a fit of pique or steal a few million bucks from a friend who trusted them with their investments (so hard to resist temptation, ya know?).  We can overlook the occasional human failing, but mistreating a waitress is shabby stuff indeed.  Not even Bubba would do that, would he?

 

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Biggest jerk on the tour?