or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Biggest jerk on the tour?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Biggest jerk on the tour? - Page 10

post #163 of 329


Probably not, but it does help ensure your food isn't spit in before you are served it.  b2_tongue.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_miller View Post



 



Does being excruciatingly nice to waitresses give people a free pass in other areas of their life?

 



 

post #164 of 329


Really?  So you're okay with going to an expensive restaurant and receiving subpar service.  I personally don't enjoy sitting at a table filled with empty glasses, and being served cold food while my waiter or waitress chats with their co-workers.  Sometimes people deserve to be treated poorly, so unless you know the whole story I don't think observing from afar how someone interacts with restaurant staff is any indication of true character. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post


No one is claiming to be a saint, but most acknowledge that treating a waiter or waitress poorly is a 100 per cent giveaway of true character.


 

post #165 of 329

You calim that Elkington was using "gamesmanship" and I was just commenting that these things that where being done that day are not gamesmanship.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_miller View Post





Not sure what you're trying to say here. How does this relate to Elkington being annoying to play with and/or Watson being a jerk? 

 



 

post #166 of 329

What things were being done? b5_confused.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtank View Post

You calim that Elkington was using "gamesmanship" and I was just commenting that these things that where being done that day are not gamesmanship.
 



 



 

post #167 of 329

I think at some point everyone is considered a jerk.  These guy have so much pressure on them to sign this take pictures do all this crap and when ever they leave someone  feels left out. Phil probably does the best job if this but I am pretty sure after signing stuff 30 minutes after a round h has to lave at some point and when he does the people waiting for 30 minutes plus get all pissed off because they didn't get their chance.  I wouldn't speculate on who's a jerk and who isn't.  I am sure most of these guys are great when they are in their element and don't have 50 people pulling at them to take a picture or sign just one thing.  That would get old pretty fast.

post #168 of 329
Thread Starter 

I'M a jerk for starting this thread over three years ago...

post #169 of 329

Perhaps you should start a thread 'Nicest Guy on Tour' to redeem yourself a3_biggrin.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygrip View Post

I'M a jerk for starting this thread over three years ago...



 

post #170 of 329



Quote:

Originally Posted by deasy55 View Post

What things were being done? b5_confused.gif

 



 



like I said earlier

 

"... Like walking well in front of the line of sight of a hitting opponent, that is something you learn in Junior golf. How about the fact that he was rummaging through his bag or talking to his caddie during another players swing? Or maybe the fact that he was pulling the Velcro on his glove to remove in the putting stroke of another?"

 

post #171 of 329

First time I've heard of most of those things. Link?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtank View Post



Quote:



like I said earlier

 

"... Like walking well in front of the line of sight of a hitting opponent, that is something you learn in Junior golf. How about the fact that he was rummaging through his bag or talking to his caddie during another players swing? Or maybe the fact that he was pulling the Velcro on his glove to remove in the putting stroke of another?"

 



 

post #172 of 329

This guy Tom Lewis seems pretty classy.  I don't think I've ever heard someone say "I'm an amateur, so I'm going to make mistakes."  Maybe he's a jerk personally, but that's a pretty professional statement for an amateur.  I'm sure he's going pro soon...

post #173 of 329

He's going pro after the Walker Cup apparently

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerputt View Post

This guy Tom Lewis seems pretty classy.  I don't think I've ever heard someone say "I'm an amateur, so I'm going to make mistakes."  Maybe he's a jerk personally, but that's a pretty professional statement for an amateur.  I'm sure he's going pro soon...



 

post #174 of 329

you forgot grant fuhr doing cocaine!!

post #175 of 329

I don't really have any "jerk" stories unfortunately, I have a couple light hearted ones though.

 

At the 1991 PGA Championship at Crooked Stick, in Carmel, IN my father got to be a marshal on the 16th hole, so I would hang around the 15th green during the practice round and as players came off I would get autographs. I collected 69 autographs that day, with the likes of Fred Couples, Jack Nicklaus, Greg Norman, etc...  Didn't get Daly's though!  As a 10 year old at the time, I didn't encounter any jerks that I can remember.

 

Years ago, Jack Nicklaus designed a golf course close to where I live called Sagamore Country Club. While it was in the construction phases, we got to go out and check it out, walk around with Mr. Nicklaus (with like 70 other people), hear him talk about the course, his visions, etc... it was pretty cool. Afterward, my father approached him with some photographs he had found in his father's house recently because the film was never developed. It was black and white pictures of Jack and Arnie at the 1965 Masters or something. Pretty cool stuff. Jack was pretty shocked at the pictures as if he was reliving the moment. My father sent Jack copies of the photos with a note asking if he could sign another set of the photos he also sent. About 1-2 months later, my father received signed pictures back with a note from "Golden Bear Incorporated" or something and it was a hand written note from Jack.

 

pretty cool stuff if you ask me.

post #176 of 329

Wow, I haven't logged in for 2 years, but this topic made me. I read it just the first page. So, is this all about I HEARD, YOU HEARD, HE SAID, SHE SAID thing? How many people know the person personally? and you know, people act stupid, and get mad sometimes. So, it depends on WHEN and WHERE so see them. but I don't think that would be enough the judge people if you don't know them personally. No offense to anyone. but this is what I learn in life. Many people I think they are nice, they actually not. Many people I think they are jerks, happens to be one of the best people I ever met......

 

Well.....just saying ;)

post #177 of 329

Pat Perez showed his true colors when he got beaten by one yesterday, kicking the ground when he hit his approach at 18 into the bunker, ignoring kids (I can understand not wanting to give an autograph before you sign your card, though) and throwing his glove on the ground on his way to the scorer's tent.  Petulant act, like a little kid.  You lose, you lose.  At least be gracious to the man who beat your score.  Golf is one game where it's all on the individual, and as a "Gentleman's Game" his antics were out of line.

post #178 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearMike View Post

Pat Perez showed his true colors when he got beaten by one yesterday, kicking the ground when he hit his approach at 18 into the bunker, ignoring kids (I can understand not wanting to give an autograph before you sign your card, though) and throwing his glove on the ground on his way to the scorer's tent.  Petulant act, like a little kid.  You lose, you lose.  At least be gracious to the man who beat your score.  Golf is one game where it's all on the individual, and as a "Gentleman's Game" his antics were out of line.


At least he feels bad about it and is trying to make amends. We all have rough days.

 

Screen shot 2011-08-08 at 9.14.22 PM.png

 

 

post #179 of 329


Sorry no link, that is straight from the source.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deasy55 View Post

First time I've heard of most of those things. Link?

 

post #180 of 329

Righteo

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigtank View Post


Sorry no link, that is straight from the source.
 



 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Biggest jerk on the tour?