or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Biggest jerk on the tour?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Biggest jerk on the tour? - Page 12

post #199 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

I have a question: do you feel like a jerk slagging a guy's hat when he's had skin cancer once or twice already and wears the hat because it keeps the sun off more of his skin (neck, ears, etc.)?

 

no.

 

maybe tom kite has a decent lid laying around he can borrow.

 

don't play that card on me.  i was well aware of his past medical history, and it is completely irrelevant to the man's taste in prophylactic head wear.  i wish him the best of health, but c'mon, he wears some foolish looking hats.  

post #200 of 342

Ask many a senior tour player and they will say "Trevino"...I've heard that many times. However, they all have moments when they get caught up with themselves and the constant fan attention...most are nice guys...some are nicer. BUT they all think that they are the best player in the field when they are standing on the first tee.

post #201 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous 273 View Post

don't play that card on me.

 

Okay, what hat should he wear if he wants to keep the sun off the back of his neck, his ears, his nose, etc.?

post #202 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

Okay, what hat should he wear if he wants to keep the sun off the back of his neck, his ears, his nose, etc.?

I'd have to say a welding mask, maybe even one of those fire suits?b2_tongue.gif

post #203 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

Okay, what hat should he wear if he wants to keep the sun off the back of his neck, his ears, his nose, etc.?

i dunno?  maybe pop his collar like briny baird and score a deal with p.f. chang's?

post #204 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianpro View Post

Ask many a senior tour player and they will say "Trevino"...I've heard that many times. However, they all have moments when they get caught up with themselves and the constant fan attention...most are nice guys...some are nicer. BUT they all think that they are the best player in the field when they are standing on the first tee.

 

That's cuz some found Trevino annoying to play with since he's a constant chatterbox.

 

The old story goes that some pro once told Trevino on the first tee 'Lee I don't feel much like talking today,' to which Trevino replied, 'That's okay Pard...just listen.'

 

So now we got a different front opening - biggest jerk as defined by the fans or the players?

post #205 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

Okay, what hat should he wear if he wants to keep the sun off the back of his neck, his ears, his nose, etc.?

 

 

i wear a relatively wide-brimmed bucket hat for that reason.  sabatinis cowboy hat actually doesnt cover his ears at all with the way the sides are curled up.

post #206 of 342

At the US Open in Bethpage a few years ago it got rained out on Thursday around 10;00. I was there standing on the teebox on a par 3 about 30 minutes before the sirens sounded and up walked  Miguel Angel JIminez. Now it's miserable out, raining, cold, windy, just crummy weather. Dude walks up with a cigar in hand looking so cool and says to us, "nice weather we are having eh?", then walks up and hits his shot like a boss.

 

Coolest guy on tour by far. I'll root for him everytime he's playing.
 

post #207 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsburg2 View Post

At the US Open in Bethpage a few years ago it got rained out on Thursday around 10;00. I was there standing on the teebox on a par 3 about 30 minutes before the sirens sounded and up walked  Miguel Angel JIminez. Now it's miserable out, raining, cold, windy, just crummy weather. Dude walks up with a cigar in hand looking so cool and says to us, "nice weather we are having eh?", then walks up and hits his shot like a boss.

 

Coolest guy on tour by far. I'll root for him everytime he's playing.
 


LOL! That's great. Jimenez seems like a very cool guy. He seems very comfortable with who he is and doesn't put on airs. Hell of a golfer as well.

post #208 of 342

I am certain the Dos Equis MIMITW campaign is based loosely on MAJ.

post #209 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

I have a question: do you feel like a jerk slagging a guy's hat when he's had skin cancer once or twice already and wears the hat because it keeps the sun off more of his skin (neck, ears, etc.)?

 

Really.   I've never understood why baseball caps took over the golf game.  NOBODY wore a baseball cap on the golf course when I started playing the game -- nobody.  (Oh -- Bob Rosburg.)  A baseball cap will keep the sun out of your eyes, but that's all.  A nice straw or hemp hat or a light pith helmet make for perfect hats on the course, also keeping rain from running down the back of your neck.  I much prefer Sabbatini's hat to Rickie Fowler's cartoon-like chapeau or Ricky Barnes' house painter imitation. (On a side note, I think the tour needs to have a rule that every player has to spend 10 minutes of his time on the range with no hat at all, to even out the players' tans.  They don't let them wear shorts, they don't let them wear tank tops, why in the world do they permit those guys to take off their hats in public and scare people with their leprosy-like foreheads.  Creepy.)

 

Sabbatini has always seemed fairly okay in interviews.  I haven't seen him throw any real fits out there, EXCEPT when his playing partners piss him off, but I'm not saying he hasn't.  I've never seen the Pat Perez level of smoldering resentment and violent burning fury against the Golf Gods, at least.m  He seems like a fairly nice, if edgy guy, that doesn't "suffer fools gladly", as they say.  I'm not defending his treatment of his fellow competitors, but in every instance of which I'm aware, I was sort of on his side and could see how he could lose it.  Slow play seems to be the thing that sets him off, or his fellow competitors' failure to observe some piece of etiquette or another.  He sort of won me over in one tournament a few years back, playing with Jim Furyk.  Furyk was doing that putting practice thing, off to the side of the green that drives me crazy just seeing it on TV.  I've always wondered why nobody complains about that -- I know I could see him doing it out of my peripheral vision and would find it distracting, which is the point, ie, Furyk gives every indication that he does it on purpose.  (I know that he doesn't, it just LOOKS that way to me.)   Sabbatini backed off his putt and asked Furyk to go where he couldn't see him or stop practicing his stroke.   It wasn't angry or anything, just a factual request, but you can always tell when Sabbatini is annoyed about something, can't you?   Nothing else came of it.

post #210 of 342

Wait, does what Sabbatini wears really bother you guys that much?

 

Guess if I ever get to play with some of you guys, I should leave the Loudmouth Golf clothes at home. :p

post #211 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsburg2 View Post

I am certain the Dos Equis MIMITW campaign is based loosely on MAJ.

 

I have had this same thought before.

post #212 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsburg2 View Post

I am certain the Dos Equis MIMITW campaign is based loosely on MAJ.

 

I knew it !!!!  

post #213 of 342

Sabbatini just seems miserable out on the course.  Someone needs to tell him he PLAYS GOLF FOR A LIVING.  An to cheer the hell up.

post #214 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocG10 View Post

Wait, does what Sabbatini wears really bother you guys that much?

 

Guess if I ever get to play with some of you guys, I should leave the Loudmouth Golf clothes at home. :p

 

Personally, I think he looks like a tool with that cowboy hat. Just doesn't fit. Looks like he's ten years old & should be riding one of those coin-op merry-go-rounds that used to be in the front of drug stores.

 

But it's not his headgear that leaves me cold. He just comes off as a privileged jerk. It doesn't surprise me he's had some run-ins with other pros.

post #215 of 342

All I can say, is when Sabatini goes up to the big house, he's got a lot of explaining to do....LOL

post #216 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Strangeclub View Post

 

  I much prefer Sabbatini's hat to Rickie Fowler's cartoon-like chapeau or Ricky Barnes' house painter imitation. (On a side note, I think the tour needs to have a rule that every player has to spend 10 minutes of his time on the range with no hat at all, to even out the players' tans.  They don't let them wear shorts, they don't let them wear tank tops, why in the world do they permit those guys to take off their hats in public and scare people with their leprosy-like foreheads.  Creepy.)

 

 

funny!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Biggest jerk on the tour?