or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › longest driver out there
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

longest driver out there - Page 3

post #37 of 47

Re: longest driver out there

I am hoping that the Hi-Bore XLS is some what a long driver as that is what I am looking to get. every where I have seen thought on distance, it comes down to the burner and the g10
post #38 of 47

Re: longest driver out there

Originally Posted by iacas View Post
Funny, but they have a TP version of both the Burner and the Tour burner (anyone else find "Tour Burner TP" a bit obnoxious?). So...
i find that high obnoxious!!!!!!! I hated that, I use the words tour or tp, to find a square or open driver, so when I saw tour burner, thought the face would be like a degree open, tried it, hooked it.
post #39 of 47

Re: longest driver out there

Originally Posted by st0wgolf08 View Post
i find that high obnoxious!!!!!!! I hated that, I use the words tour or tp, to find a square or open driver, so when I saw tour burner, thought the face would be like a degree open, tried it, hooked it.
I meant highly, for some reason it won't let me edit.
post #40 of 47

Re: longest driver out there

I'm hoping the Taylormade Burner TP is the longest out there. I just got fit for one and should have it within a week. I really liked my Super-quad but I'm sick of playing with the moveable weights!

My new driver will be a TP burner 9.5 degree with a diamana whiteboard shaft, X flex.
post #41 of 47

Re: longest driver out there

Originally Posted by jb1982 View Post
I'm hoping the Taylormade Burner TP is the longest out there. I just got fit for one and should have it within a week. I really liked my Super-quad but I'm sick of playing with the moveable weights!

My new driver will be a TP burner 9.5 degree with a diamana whiteboard shaft, X flex.
So dont touch the weights...Seems like a pretty stupid reason to buy a new driver to me.
post #42 of 47

Re: longest driver out there

Originally Posted by WinterGolfer View Post
I hope you don't think these players are using those drivers because of their length. Do not ever base a club decision on what a pro is using. For the most part... they use the clubs they use because that is who offered them the most money. Furthermore... Jamie Sadlowski just signed with Adams... does that mean they are the longest on the market?

That being said... most drivers are within 10 yards of each other. If you want performance and to get more distance out of a club... find a shaft that complements your swing and whatever driver you are using. Also fix your swing... you cant buy length off the tee.
What you say does have truth to it but... there were A LOT of guys in the field with a a lot of different driver brands (including past champions) and the guys hitting the Cobra's seemed to do very well.
post #43 of 47

Re: longest driver out there

The Ping Rapture V2 is the longest that I have hit. It is a Super Game Improvemnet driver, and offers the best chance for me to stay near the fairway, and still hit it far. Further than anything else as well.
post #44 of 47

Re: longest driver out there

Originally Posted by st0wgolf08 View Post
So dont touch the weights...Seems like a pretty stupid reason to buy a new driver to me.
I also said I was fit for one. I'm 6'3 and had been playing standard length shafts. The Burner TP will be fit with a longer shaft which was fit to me for the right launch conditions.

I guess I didn't realize how I spend my money was your concern. Thanks for the advice though.
post #45 of 47

Re: longest driver out there

Settle down. not the place to argue. You never said that the superquad was or was not fitted. human error. No big.
post #46 of 47

Re: longest driver out there

I have my FT-3 in my bag for going on 3 years now with the Proto shaft and it is the longest I have ever hit.In fact I am waitng for the FT-9 to come out on the 15th of Feb.to see if it can knock my FT-3 out of my bag but I am not counting on it.
post #47 of 47

bump??? just seen this thread how are we stacking up now in 2013?? im thinking of getting an i20 custom fitted of course, but what do we think is the longest driver now??

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › longest driver out there