or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Titleist vs. Mizuno irons
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Titleist vs. Mizuno irons - Page 4

post #55 of 128

Re: Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

I LOVE my MP 57's. even though I am a high handicapper right now. took some time from the game because of disc surgeries in neck.

I am finally healthy enough to start playing again and rewarded myself some new sticks. I was playing with some older DCI's from '94!

I have had these out at a grass range and love the feel. they don't punish that much for an off center hit and there is no vibration. I went with these to improve my ball striking. I did put a Cobra 3100 3 and 4 iron in the bag for now until I get better. I sometime struggle with the long irons.
post #56 of 128

Re: Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

Originally Posted by shsgolfer#1 View Post
Which irons do you think are better as far as feel and control?
The ones that feel better to you. They're both high quality, the choice is completely subjective.
post #57 of 128

Re: Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

I have been a Titleist loyal for many years but have switched to the MP 57 irons this year after a demo day. I have not had a chance to compare against the ap2 irons yet. Anyone compare mp57 vs ap2? If so what were the results?
post #58 of 128

Re: Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

Dang. Sounds like it is is 85% Mizuno in this thread!

My next irons will be Mizuno for sure as my wife is actually best friends with the sole distributor of Mizuno Philippines. She said I can't resist this offer and I said "OK."

I'm just trying to figure out if I should go with the MP-60s / 62s or the MP-52's. I already have game improvement Ping G5s and want these to be the irons I use as my handicap gets better.

But seems like a big difference between the 62s & 52s...hmmmmmm
post #59 of 128

Re: Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

Originally Posted by cshelton View Post
I have been a Titleist loyal for many years but have switched to the MP 57 irons this year after a demo day. I have not had a chance to compare against the ap2 irons yet. Anyone compare mp57 vs ap2? If so what were the results?
I think AP2 is more comparable to MP-52, not MP-57.

Originally Posted by erwintrace08 View Post
Dang. Sounds like it is is 85% Mizuno in this thread!

My next irons will be Mizuno for sure as my wife is actually best friends with the sole distributor of Mizuno Philippines. She said I can't resist this offer and I said "OK."

I'm just trying to figure out if I should go with the MP-60s / 62s or the MP-52's. I already have game improvement Ping G5s and want these to be the irons I use as my handicap gets better.

But seems like a big difference between the 62s & 52s...hmmmmmm
Definitely big difference between the 62 and 52. From what I've noticed, the specs of 62 is higher (closer) to 67 than 60. In other words, MP-62 is tougher to use than MP-60.
post #60 of 128

Re: Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

Originally Posted by fusioncal View Post
I think AP2 is more comparable to MP-52, not MP-57.



Definitely big difference between the 62 and 52. From what I've noticed, the specs of 62 is higher (closer) to 67 than 60. In other words, MP-62 is tougher to use than MP-60.
I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the MP-52's are the MP-57 replacements, are they not?
post #61 of 128

Re: Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

Originally Posted by 907golfer12 View Post
I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the MP-52's are the MP-57 replacements, are they not?
Well if you go to Europe's Mizuno website, two MP lines that aren't there any longer are MP-32 and MP-60. So, I don't think 52 is a replacement for 57. Besides, 52 is pocket cavity and 57 is full cavity back, not exactly apple to apple.
post #62 of 128

Re: Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

Wish I had the game to play either one.
post #63 of 128

Re: Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

Originally Posted by krb View Post
The ones that feel better to you. They're both high quality, the choice is completely subjective.
+1

Although I put in my vote for when I purchased a set of ZM's.
post #64 of 128

Re: Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

Originally Posted by fusioncal View Post
Well if you go to Europe's Mizuno website, two MP lines that aren't there any longer are MP-32 and MP-60. So, I don't think 52 is a replacement for 57. Besides, 52 is pocket cavity and 57 is full cavity back, not exactly apple to apple.
the 52 isnt a replacement for the 32 either... the 32 has been placed into Mizuno's signature line and still on their website under said link.
post #65 of 128

Re: Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

Which Mizunos would be best for me.....

My game will range from +12 to around +20 week to week. Most of my screwups, however, are around or on the green. I generally strike the ball well 4-9i; my 4i hits about 210-220, 7i about 180. I've been thinking about the 57 because people say they are a little more forgiving but they will still challenge me.
post #66 of 128

Re: Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

I am trying to decide this right now, Titleist or Mizuno. I am a novice and have been using Mizunos MX 900s for the past couple months and have grown to like them. Just recently starting trying some AP1's and like those as well.

I think I am leaning more towards the Titleist at this point solely based upon the fact that they seemed a little heavier than the Mizuno's. Which I tend to like a little better when playing.
post #67 of 128

Re: Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

I used to be a Titleist guy for so long. I was all about their irons until I hit a set of Mizunos. It was the purest and best feeling from an iron that I have ever hit. I then proceeded to give my brother my Titleist irons and bought MP-33's.

As far as feel goes, I'm going to vote for Mizunos. There's no feeling like the grain flow forged from them. For looks, Mizuno gets my vote again. Their muscle backs are just pure sex and pretty much their whole lineup.

I'm not saying Titleist is bad or anything because they're definitely top notch. Basically it's all down to preference but they are both up there IMO.
post #68 of 128

Re: Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

Without a doubt...... Mizuno
post #69 of 128

Re: Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

I know this is a little off topic, but is there a significant difference between the mizuno mp 57's and the mp 60?
post #70 of 128

Re: Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

I have the Mizuno mp-30's and I love them. I've got the clubs used for $329 3-PW and they looked 97% new. I've now had them a year, and they still hardly have a scratch on them. (I keep them in covers) But I still hit them every day and they have little wear. They are just excellent irons.

However I do love titleist irons. The 690's and the 695's blow me away. The only downside is that they are heavier than my mizuno irons and make me swing a little slower. So they don't go quite as far.

So. I'm gonna have to give it to Mizuno. Although both companies make great irons.
post #71 of 128

Re: Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

Originally Posted by fusioncal View Post
I think AP2 is more comparable to MP-52, not MP-57.



Definitely big difference between the 62 and 52. From what I've noticed, the specs of 62 is higher (closer) to 67 than 60. In other words, MP-62 is tougher to use than MP-60.
I play the Ping G5s which are Game Improvement Irons. I'm getting offered to get any Mizuno clubs. Even though my handicap is high right now, I don't want to get the same clubs as my Pings because it would be a waste.

Is there anything similar that's new and close to the MP-60s?

Thanks
e
post #72 of 128

Re: Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

Originally Posted by tonyy View Post
I used to be a Titleist guy for so long. I was all about their irons until I hit a set of Mizunos. It was the purest and best feeling from an iron that I have ever hit. I then proceeded to give my brother my Titleist irons and bought MP-33's.

As far as feel goes, I'm going to vote for Mizunos. There's no feeling like the grain flow forged from them. For looks, Mizuno gets my vote again. Their muscle backs are just pure sex and pretty much their whole lineup.

I'm not saying Titleist is bad or anything because they're definitely top notch. Basically it's all down to preference but they are both up there IMO.
Originally Posted by ScottyCameron View Post
Without a doubt...... Mizuno
I agree with both of you.

Originally Posted by ScottyCameron View Post
I know this is a little off topic, but is there a significant difference between the mizuno mp 57's and the mp 60?
I've hit my friend's MP-57 although it's easier than MP-60, but still you can't put a crappy swing into them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Titleist vs. Mizuno irons