or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Putting eye position: Over the ball or not?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Putting eye position: Over the ball or not? - Page 2

post #19 of 26

I think the worst mistake many putters make is they stand TOO tall over the ball. The arms should never really bet straight. Let them be relaxed with some bend in them. Keeping the elbows near the rib cage is a good way of getting over top of the ball, from there putter length fits in. Ideally the eyes should be over top or slightly inside the ball, never outside the ball. 

post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

I think the worst mistake many putters make is they stand TOO tall over the ball. The arms should never really bet straight. Let them be relaxed with some bend in them. Keeping the elbows near the rib cage is a good way of getting over top of the ball, from there putter length fits in. Ideally the eyes should be over top or slightly inside the ball, never outside the ball. 

Gary Woodland has always looked like he stands too tall to the ball. Looks weird.
post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post


Gary Woodland has always looked like he stands too tall to the ball. Looks weird.

 

He's not bad, his head is down so that is a good thing. It would be awkward for me, but i surely must work for him :-D

post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post


Gary Woodland has always looked like he stands too tall to the ball. Looks weird.

Looks weird because he's built like an ox... lol.

 

But yes, from memory, he is upright. That seems to be a trend ... more upright, slightly longer length putters - easier on the back... better putting? Depends on the individual.

post #23 of 26

I can't putt if my eyes are not over the ball.

post #24 of 26
Stock/standard would be eyes about an inch behind and inside the golf ball.
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Stock/standard would be eyes about an inch behind and inside the golf ball.

Mine is about there too. 

post #26 of 26
I been practicing my putting this month and I find I like to set up behind the ball with my left eye slightly outside the ball then migrate my eyes more inside as I address the ball.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Putting eye position: Over the ball or not?