Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Yesterday at 12:33 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
I bought this cart after deciding that paying $4 for the lousy pull cart rentals was a sucker's plan with the frequency of my playing golf and at $99, this cart made a ton of sense, financially....
I like to play in cooler weather. What I don't like it bulky outerwear that restricts my golf swing. I searched out a number of lighter weight tops for fall golf. I tried on Oakley, Adidas,...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 559
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Ugh. 91 today. I was the only one on the course all day. Its miserably cold in PA these days. First time I ever played this course and first time I ever played a links style course. I didnt warm up at all, just was off today and felt like going out there just cold turkey and having fun. Oddly enough, it was one of those rounds where I felt like I played a hell of a lot better than the scorecard showed. Not one damn birdie today. Probably one of the best days with the driver I ever had. There were gusts over 40mph all day so most approach shots were sprayed. In good conditions, with a warm up, probably would have shaved 5 strokes off. Still..played golf instead of work so **** it.
Belmont Country Club
The day started off pretty bad being 8 over after 4 holes. Started to figure out what has been wrong with my swing on the back 9. My wrists have been cocking right from the start of my swing. Still not bad overall. Kinda bummed because the best hole of the day as far as tee shot and approach (hole 15), I get my only 3 putt. Hit 3 GIR on the back nine. My wedges are starting to slowly come back to form. I'm not to far off my game, now.
Shot a 91 today (64.3 / 112). Hit 8 of 11 fairways, 36 putts (2 three-putts thanks to my incredibly craptastic short game leaving me way out on greens a couple times). The weather is warming up (we were in the mid-80's today), and we ran across a 3-foot rattlesnake coiled up in the rough just right of the first green. I considered that fair warning and didn't wander too far off into the brush looking for wayward shots the rest of the day. If the rattlesnake wasn't enough of a disincentive, the hillsides along the course were abuzz with millions of ground bees, so you didn't want to wander up there after a ball anyways.
We started at 3:30 pm and played the entire 18th hole (par 5) in near darkness - you couldn't see your shots, so you had to kinda guess where they went by how it felt off the clubface. I still bogied the hole, leading me to believe that I should probably try playing with my eyes closed more often.
99: 47/52. Still struggling with the new swing but I hit some nice shots today. What killed me was a 3 hole stretch on the back that I played in 8 over, Sometimes the swing just disappears. No matter though, got to play with my son and the course was empty. Good day just hangin with my boy, playin some golf.
Grass is coming in well for having such a dry winter. Greens were fast but well maintained.
7,004 yards, 72.8 rating, 132 slope. i shot a 91 today.
i actually played probably the best golf i have ever played. i had a quadruple on one hole with a lost tee shot and a second shot into the water for an 8. i also had two birdie putts that ended up bogeys, and a final hole 4-putt finish (though admittedly, a 3-putt would have been acceptable considering my position).
that damn 80s number is very elusive i've shot a 91, 92, and 93 this week...all on similarly rated/sloped courses. still all in all about a 14.7 handicap differential this week, which i'm darn proud of even if the number doesn't have an 8 to start with.
Should have been a lot better but the greens are soooo slow. March in Philly has not been conducive to golf, and they have yet to cut the greens. I 3-putted three times on the front, leaving long putts woefully short. Much better on the back, with a bunch of routine pars.
I am really excited about the improvements they made on our course over the winter. A lot of improved bunkering and recapturing the size of a lot of the greens that have shrunk over time. Terrific new pin placements abound.
112 at a course that I've never played before until today. Not knowing where you hitting to and lots of doglegs make it hard. But the fact that if your off the fairway by half to 1 meter you've lost your ball and a couple of strokes. Being right on the ocean makes it hard when the wind picks up too. The course was called THE CUT in dawesville mandurah Western Australia Australia. My mate lives pretty close to it and I think if you can play well there you should be able to play well anywhere. I was warned to take lots of balls
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › What Are You Working On? 28 minutes ago
- › What's on your Christmas Wish List 2014? 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Patting down grass behind ball when in the rough ... 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Rate this drill! 4 hours, 1 minute ago
- › What is the most important aspect of golf that you think can... 4 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Still swinging: Indoor golf opportunities grow - The Journal News... 4 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › "Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik 5 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Your Workout Today 5 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › My Swing (deason) 5 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes