Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Previously, I used the Srixon Z Star XV, and the Wilson Duo, granted the Z Star is much harder than the Chrome Soft, and the Duo to me felt not as soft as the Chrome Soft. What I did notice during...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 559
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Ugh. 91 today. I was the only one on the course all day. Its miserably cold in PA these days. First time I ever played this course and first time I ever played a links style course. I didnt warm up at all, just was off today and felt like going out there just cold turkey and having fun. Oddly enough, it was one of those rounds where I felt like I played a hell of a lot better than the scorecard showed. Not one damn birdie today. Probably one of the best days with the driver I ever had. There were gusts over 40mph all day so most approach shots were sprayed. In good conditions, with a warm up, probably would have shaved 5 strokes off. Still..played golf instead of work so **** it.
Belmont Country Club
The day started off pretty bad being 8 over after 4 holes. Started to figure out what has been wrong with my swing on the back 9. My wrists have been cocking right from the start of my swing. Still not bad overall. Kinda bummed because the best hole of the day as far as tee shot and approach (hole 15), I get my only 3 putt. Hit 3 GIR on the back nine. My wedges are starting to slowly come back to form. I'm not to far off my game, now.
Shot a 91 today (64.3 / 112). Hit 8 of 11 fairways, 36 putts (2 three-putts thanks to my incredibly craptastic short game leaving me way out on greens a couple times). The weather is warming up (we were in the mid-80's today), and we ran across a 3-foot rattlesnake coiled up in the rough just right of the first green. I considered that fair warning and didn't wander too far off into the brush looking for wayward shots the rest of the day. If the rattlesnake wasn't enough of a disincentive, the hillsides along the course were abuzz with millions of ground bees, so you didn't want to wander up there after a ball anyways.
We started at 3:30 pm and played the entire 18th hole (par 5) in near darkness - you couldn't see your shots, so you had to kinda guess where they went by how it felt off the clubface. I still bogied the hole, leading me to believe that I should probably try playing with my eyes closed more often.
99: 47/52. Still struggling with the new swing but I hit some nice shots today. What killed me was a 3 hole stretch on the back that I played in 8 over, Sometimes the swing just disappears. No matter though, got to play with my son and the course was empty. Good day just hangin with my boy, playin some golf.
Grass is coming in well for having such a dry winter. Greens were fast but well maintained.
7,004 yards, 72.8 rating, 132 slope. i shot a 91 today.
i actually played probably the best golf i have ever played. i had a quadruple on one hole with a lost tee shot and a second shot into the water for an 8. i also had two birdie putts that ended up bogeys, and a final hole 4-putt finish (though admittedly, a 3-putt would have been acceptable considering my position).
that damn 80s number is very elusive i've shot a 91, 92, and 93 this week...all on similarly rated/sloped courses. still all in all about a 14.7 handicap differential this week, which i'm darn proud of even if the number doesn't have an 8 to start with.
Should have been a lot better but the greens are soooo slow. March in Philly has not been conducive to golf, and they have yet to cut the greens. I 3-putted three times on the front, leaving long putts woefully short. Much better on the back, with a bunch of routine pars.
I am really excited about the improvements they made on our course over the winter. A lot of improved bunkering and recapturing the size of a lot of the greens that have shrunk over time. Terrific new pin placements abound.
112 at a course that I've never played before until today. Not knowing where you hitting to and lots of doglegs make it hard. But the fact that if your off the fairway by half to 1 meter you've lost your ball and a couple of strokes. Being right on the ocean makes it hard when the wind picks up too. The course was called THE CUT in dawesville mandurah Western Australia Australia. My mate lives pretty close to it and I think if you can play well there you should be able to play well anywhere. I was warned to take lots of balls
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › My Swing (JonMA1) 16 minutes ago
- › Putting - DO NOT Accelerate Through the Ball 20 minutes ago
- › TRUE Shoes, Barefoot, and More 20 minutes ago
- › 2015 The Honda Classic Discussion Thread 29 minutes ago
- › gloves and blisters 30 minutes ago
- › Vote on the 2015 Newport Cup Team Colors 50 minutes ago
- › Does anyone still use "old" clubs on a regular basis? 51 minutes ago
- › To golfers who score in the 70s - What's your story? 54 minutes ago
- › My swing (anderjam) 56 minutes ago
- › As Tiger Woods Fades, a Fear That Revenue Will, Too [NYT] 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by Hammer 4
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes