Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Yesterday at 2:47 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I had been looking for a stress ball for a while. When I came across this product in the golf section at Dick's Sporting Goods, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone in relieving stress...
This ball is wonderful off the tee. Absolutely wonderful. I feel like the ball goes in between a V1 and a V1x, closer to the V1x off the tee. Distance doesn't really carry as much when using irons...
Beyond color you don't usually put much thought into a belt. They all worked the same, you cinched it up, popped the hook into the hole and you were done. The 1" waist increments served us well...
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 559
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Ugh. 91 today. I was the only one on the course all day. Its miserably cold in PA these days. First time I ever played this course and first time I ever played a links style course. I didnt warm up at all, just was off today and felt like going out there just cold turkey and having fun. Oddly enough, it was one of those rounds where I felt like I played a hell of a lot better than the scorecard showed. Not one damn birdie today. Probably one of the best days with the driver I ever had. There were gusts over 40mph all day so most approach shots were sprayed. In good conditions, with a warm up, probably would have shaved 5 strokes off. Still..played golf instead of work so **** it.
Belmont Country Club
The day started off pretty bad being 8 over after 4 holes. Started to figure out what has been wrong with my swing on the back 9. My wrists have been cocking right from the start of my swing. Still not bad overall. Kinda bummed because the best hole of the day as far as tee shot and approach (hole 15), I get my only 3 putt. Hit 3 GIR on the back nine. My wedges are starting to slowly come back to form. I'm not to far off my game, now.
Shot a 91 today (64.3 / 112). Hit 8 of 11 fairways, 36 putts (2 three-putts thanks to my incredibly craptastic short game leaving me way out on greens a couple times). The weather is warming up (we were in the mid-80's today), and we ran across a 3-foot rattlesnake coiled up in the rough just right of the first green. I considered that fair warning and didn't wander too far off into the brush looking for wayward shots the rest of the day. If the rattlesnake wasn't enough of a disincentive, the hillsides along the course were abuzz with millions of ground bees, so you didn't want to wander up there after a ball anyways.
We started at 3:30 pm and played the entire 18th hole (par 5) in near darkness - you couldn't see your shots, so you had to kinda guess where they went by how it felt off the clubface. I still bogied the hole, leading me to believe that I should probably try playing with my eyes closed more often.
99: 47/52. Still struggling with the new swing but I hit some nice shots today. What killed me was a 3 hole stretch on the back that I played in 8 over, Sometimes the swing just disappears. No matter though, got to play with my son and the course was empty. Good day just hangin with my boy, playin some golf.
Grass is coming in well for having such a dry winter. Greens were fast but well maintained.
7,004 yards, 72.8 rating, 132 slope. i shot a 91 today.
i actually played probably the best golf i have ever played. i had a quadruple on one hole with a lost tee shot and a second shot into the water for an 8. i also had two birdie putts that ended up bogeys, and a final hole 4-putt finish (though admittedly, a 3-putt would have been acceptable considering my position).
that damn 80s number is very elusive i've shot a 91, 92, and 93 this week...all on similarly rated/sloped courses. still all in all about a 14.7 handicap differential this week, which i'm darn proud of even if the number doesn't have an 8 to start with.
Should have been a lot better but the greens are soooo slow. March in Philly has not been conducive to golf, and they have yet to cut the greens. I 3-putted three times on the front, leaving long putts woefully short. Much better on the back, with a bunch of routine pars.
I am really excited about the improvements they made on our course over the winter. A lot of improved bunkering and recapturing the size of a lot of the greens that have shrunk over time. Terrific new pin placements abound.
112 at a course that I've never played before until today. Not knowing where you hitting to and lots of doglegs make it hard. But the fact that if your off the fairway by half to 1 meter you've lost your ball and a couple of strokes. Being right on the ocean makes it hard when the wind picks up too. The course was called THE CUT in dawesville mandurah Western Australia Australia. My mate lives pretty close to it and I think if you can play well there you should be able to play well anywhere. I was warned to take lots of balls
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Brian Henninger - something fishy going on 7 minutes ago
- › Is handicap really a measure of potential? 9 minutes ago
- › Mike Weir's future 12 minutes ago
- › Frustrating Round-Bad Putters Represent 22 minutes ago
- › Mark Broadie: How to Survive The 'No Man's Land' From 60 to 100... 23 minutes ago
- › Has anyone ordered a custom set of wedges? Any brands welcome! 25 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Jeremie Boop) 27 minutes ago
- › Golf stats and correlation to average score vs. handicap 35 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Lihu) 41 minutes ago
- › Joost Luiten 54 minutes ago
- › Iron Gloves GRIPP II GOLF HAND TRAINER by WatchOutLeft
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by eric060600
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest