Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 11/20/14 at 1:23pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I have been doing golf specific workouts 2 - 3 times a week for a couple of years. The beauty of these workouts is they address flexibility and core strength of the hips and shoulders, which helps...
From renown designer Jesse Ortiz comes the latest evolution of his Tri Metal Fairways. It's deeper, stronger, lighter, thinner, longer, forgivinger... forgivinger? Okay, it's good! errr... gooder....
Taking off from last year's Optiforce lineup, Callaway evolves its initial speed offering into the Big Bertha Lineup by renaming it the V Series ... Velocity, Speed, Aerodynamics. One might as well...
From the creator of the classic HipTi Driver comes this flat black, easygoing, straight driver with distance. Jesse Ortiz has always carved his prototypes from wood by hand. It was the way he was...
For golfers with average swing speed, about 93 or less with a driver who desire tour-like control around the green and a high launch off tee and irons, Callaway offers you the SR1 for your golfing...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 559
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Ugh. 91 today. I was the only one on the course all day. Its miserably cold in PA these days. First time I ever played this course and first time I ever played a links style course. I didnt warm up at all, just was off today and felt like going out there just cold turkey and having fun. Oddly enough, it was one of those rounds where I felt like I played a hell of a lot better than the scorecard showed. Not one damn birdie today. Probably one of the best days with the driver I ever had. There were gusts over 40mph all day so most approach shots were sprayed. In good conditions, with a warm up, probably would have shaved 5 strokes off. Still..played golf instead of work so **** it.
Belmont Country Club
The day started off pretty bad being 8 over after 4 holes. Started to figure out what has been wrong with my swing on the back 9. My wrists have been cocking right from the start of my swing. Still not bad overall. Kinda bummed because the best hole of the day as far as tee shot and approach (hole 15), I get my only 3 putt. Hit 3 GIR on the back nine. My wedges are starting to slowly come back to form. I'm not to far off my game, now.
Shot a 91 today (64.3 / 112). Hit 8 of 11 fairways, 36 putts (2 three-putts thanks to my incredibly craptastic short game leaving me way out on greens a couple times). The weather is warming up (we were in the mid-80's today), and we ran across a 3-foot rattlesnake coiled up in the rough just right of the first green. I considered that fair warning and didn't wander too far off into the brush looking for wayward shots the rest of the day. If the rattlesnake wasn't enough of a disincentive, the hillsides along the course were abuzz with millions of ground bees, so you didn't want to wander up there after a ball anyways.
We started at 3:30 pm and played the entire 18th hole (par 5) in near darkness - you couldn't see your shots, so you had to kinda guess where they went by how it felt off the clubface. I still bogied the hole, leading me to believe that I should probably try playing with my eyes closed more often.
99: 47/52. Still struggling with the new swing but I hit some nice shots today. What killed me was a 3 hole stretch on the back that I played in 8 over, Sometimes the swing just disappears. No matter though, got to play with my son and the course was empty. Good day just hangin with my boy, playin some golf.
Grass is coming in well for having such a dry winter. Greens were fast but well maintained.
7,004 yards, 72.8 rating, 132 slope. i shot a 91 today.
i actually played probably the best golf i have ever played. i had a quadruple on one hole with a lost tee shot and a second shot into the water for an 8. i also had two birdie putts that ended up bogeys, and a final hole 4-putt finish (though admittedly, a 3-putt would have been acceptable considering my position).
that damn 80s number is very elusive i've shot a 91, 92, and 93 this week...all on similarly rated/sloped courses. still all in all about a 14.7 handicap differential this week, which i'm darn proud of even if the number doesn't have an 8 to start with.
Should have been a lot better but the greens are soooo slow. March in Philly has not been conducive to golf, and they have yet to cut the greens. I 3-putted three times on the front, leaving long putts woefully short. Much better on the back, with a bunch of routine pars.
I am really excited about the improvements they made on our course over the winter. A lot of improved bunkering and recapturing the size of a lot of the greens that have shrunk over time. Terrific new pin placements abound.
112 at a course that I've never played before until today. Not knowing where you hitting to and lots of doglegs make it hard. But the fact that if your off the fairway by half to 1 meter you've lost your ball and a couple of strokes. Being right on the ocean makes it hard when the wind picks up too. The course was called THE CUT in dawesville mandurah Western Australia Australia. My mate lives pretty close to it and I think if you can play well there you should be able to play well anywhere. I was warned to take lots of balls
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › The Top 13 Best Landscaped College Golf Courses 4 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Abu3baid) 5 minutes ago
- › Bluejack National Video - This is NOT Satire 11 minutes ago
- › Michael Phelps alleged girlfriend was once a man?!! 12 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Kalaz) 36 minutes ago
- › Unconventional golf milestones 39 minutes ago
- › Question about wrist action... 49 minutes ago
- › Songs With Girls Names In Title... 55 minutes ago
- › Shoulder Turn & Balance 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Should divots be considered ground under repair? 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Bobby Jones Golf Black Driver by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf SR1 Speed Regime Golf Ball by Mr. Desmond
- › Brookside Golf Course by Lihu
- › Mantis Golf 'B' Blade Putter by Shindig
- › Pure Grips Standard DTX Grips, Black by boogielicious
- › IceSkin Cooling Shirt by Garmatex by boogielicious
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by CarlSpackler
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes