95. 50/45. I was playing so much better on the back side, I had 3 pars and a birdie but completely shot myself in the foot with a triple on 18!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 11/20/14 at 1:23pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I must not have been paying attention when these came out for testing and review. Billchao mentioned it to me when we were playing together at TST outing in Erie. I ordered it online, and have...
I have been doing golf specific workouts 2 - 3 times a week for a couple of years. The beauty of these workouts is they address flexibility and core strength of the hips and shoulders, which helps...
From renown designer Jesse Ortiz comes the latest evolution of his Tri Metal Fairways. It's deeper, stronger, lighter, thinner, longer, forgivinger... forgivinger? Okay, it's good! errr... gooder....
Taking off from last year's Optiforce lineup, Callaway evolves its initial speed offering into the Big Bertha Lineup by renaming it the V Series ... Velocity, Speed, Aerodynamics. One might as well...
From the creator of the classic HipTi Driver comes this flat black, easygoing, straight driver with distance. Jesse Ortiz has always carved his prototypes from wood by hand. It was the way he was...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 561
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Belmont Country Club
Played the blue tees at my home course again, because my brother plays them. Had a worse front 9 than I had yesterday. The doubles, triples, and quads are really starting to piss me off. Feel like I am striking the ball better, but continue to have disastrous holes. I need to work on my mental game. With the exception of a few bad shots, I played 6 through 15 well. Just need to get rid of the terrible ones and 80's here I come.
53 - 4 FIRS, 0 GIRS, 19 putts (1x1 putt, 6x2 putts, 2x3 putts)
50 - 4 FIRS, 0 GIRS, 20 putts (1x1 putt, 6x2 putts, 1x3 putt, 1x4 putt)
The story of the day was an inability to get on the greens in regulation although that wasnt really helped by not giving myself a chance to start with as a few of the FIRS werent really of any use because I was so far back and out of the way!
The big take away from today was my putting as for 14 of the holes I really dug myself out of trouble with big putts...the best putt being on a hole that had about 3 foot of break which I sunk in 1 putt!
Today was also the first time I had taken less than 40 putts in a round :) Just need to cut out the three and four putts as each of those was down to sloppiness on my behalf where I was just playing ping pong going with a golf ball!
However, the first 5 holes on the way back in I was 4 over (unchartered territory for me:) but the next 4 holes I ended up 11 over with 3 triple bogeys and a double bogey AND, even worse, up until the second shot on the 15th hole I hadnt lost a golf ball...until I thinned a wedge shot half way across the county in to a 2 foot wide stream thats about 20 feet deep and infested with crocs and hippos!!
I got out again today and I swear, when you work on one thing there is always something else that suffers and that is why I am an amateur. Today was a very good ball striking day, my irons powerful and wedges were crisp, however the putter.....yeah let's just get to the score card because I burned enough edges and lipped enough putts that I swear that the cups weren't regulation size. Started of the front with 6 bogeys, 1 double and 2 pars for a 44 on the front. The back was slightly better, I had 4 pars, 3 bogeys and one water hazard double for a 43 on the back totaling 87.
This is my 1st post on this site after lurking off and on for awhile. I live in Southern Ontario, so like everyone else in the NE I'm getting impatient with winter. I did get a chance to play last week in Jamaica at Negril Hills Golf Club. the "HILLS" part should be emphasized. I have never been on such an incredibly hilly course, and I've been playing for about 45 years. It was an interesting round . They make you take a caddy. I was a single, so on the first tee the caddy asks me if I mind if he grabs his clubs and plays along with? Sure why not? Never heard of this, by I have rarely ever played using caddies. So anyway he grabs his stuff and away we go. Besides being in the low 90's and extremely humid there was a significant wind blowing throw the hills. I was so sweaty I could barely hang on to the rental clubs. To make a long boring story short, I shot 83 and beat the caddy by 2, we hit it off great and had a wonderful day. Some stunning scenery around the course. It's not the greatest conditioned course by any stretch but it was nice to get out and have a decent round after not playing since last October. It's Easter Sunday, the suns' shining, and it's getting up in the 40's. We have a few driving ranges open and, there are probably a couple of course open somewhere in the area.
Cheers and Happy Easter
Great round for myself. Drove very well. Chipped good enough. The greens were much slower than anything I have played on in a long time. And I left many good putts short. This could have been better, but I could not adjust tot he slow greens. And only 2 lost balls, so that is a lot better than normal. Looking forward to building off this round.
First round of the year,,,,,,Finally!!!
Kind of tough conditions here in Upstate NY, 48 degrees with 20mph winds today when we teed off.
With the cold weather I usually start out the season playing up with my son on the regular men's tees until it starts getting near 60 degrees I move back to the tips. Played pretty solid shooting the course rating from the regular tees with a 35/34 -3, 69. The tough weather conditions were offset a little by the slower than normal greens since they just opened up yesterday but I hit a lot of solid shots with 27 putts.
During the winter I get a membership card at a local golf dome and hit balls a couple times a week as well as chip and putt in my basement. That has made a huge difference in coming out of the gate playing well. Basically no rust on the game, maybe just a light coat of dust .
Played the front at a private course yesterday, a funky 45 with a quad, triple and a double. Pretty tough 71.8/136 with lots of trees anywhere but the fairway is trouble and I found it often. Crazy thing is it was probably the best golf I've played in a long time. Saved lots of pars getting up and down and holed one from a bunker. Can't remember the last time I saw an 8 on my card.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Right hand and fingers hurt 20 seconds ago
- › Chris Como Named Tiger's New Coach 3 minutes ago
- › Whats the best Handheld GPS, for the money? 12 minutes ago
- › Fantasy golf 32 minutes ago
- › Tired of lurking. 54 minutes ago
- › Is "ready" golf against the rules? 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › Your Workout Today 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › What Would You Give To Hit It 40 Yards Further? 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › Bluejack National Video - This is NOT Satire 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Best balls on a tight budget? 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Bobby Jones Golf Black Driver by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf SR1 Speed Regime Golf Ball by Mr. Desmond
- › Brookside Golf Course by Lihu
- › Mantis Golf 'B' Blade Putter by Shindig
- › Pure Grips Standard DTX Grips, Black by boogielicious
- › IceSkin Cooling Shirt by Garmatex by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes